Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OTPC: CEO Tarhkan Zora Speaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hermiaa
    I am obligated to do nothing more than my conscience demands. And that conscience demands that I not give thanks to a creator who makes demands of myself and all those who descend from me simply by the fact of their birth. I have been given a free will, and a working mind, and those tell me that I am my own being, not chattel belonging to some distant master who cares nothing for me beyond as a figure in a ledger who can help fill his pockets. Love and respect must be earned, with an appeal to our dignity and well being, not simply demanded out of hand. Can you understand that?

I do not mean to suggest that the Clans do not possess 'Crusaders', since we most assuradly do. My point is that we both have factions who pursue this conflict between our two sides to the point of religious zeal, with only murder in their hearts and venom upon their tongues. I do not like those of that bent within the Clans any more than I like those with that persuasion amongst Omni-Tek's ranks. Zealotry sows nothing but ill, and turns the ground beneath us all to ash where new things cannot grow. My preference is for diplomacy, reasoned arguement, debate, and other means that show that we have evolved beyond a need to batter each other with clubs and stones and can indeed act as a civilized people who've learned the lessons that history has to offer us.
    Well, then, we have something in common after all. I believe I did make somewhat of a generalization in my previous statement, and I do apologize. Although you essentially made the same generalization about Omni-Tek employees, I forgive you as well. Two wrongs do not make a right.

Yet there is a fine line between zealotry and loyalty. I am loyal, yet I am far from a zealot. I, like you, have a free will and a thinking mind, yet I have chosen to give thanks to those whom I am indebted to, for that is what my conscience demands. It is what an enlightened conscience demands. Neither of us are zealots, but I, although I am a strong advocate of peace, recognize where my loyalties lie and shall stay with Omni-Tek until the very end. I do not consider myself "chattel" and Omni-Tek is not distant. Omni-Tek is all around us; everything you do is Omni-Tek. Perhaps if it were distant I would have remained neutral, but it is what created my world, my race, and, indirectly, me, and in doing so it has earned my love and trust.

Omni-Tek is your friend.
    Last edited by gergiskoo; Jun 7th, 2006 at 02:17:11.

I would say that an enlightened conscience demanded freedom and the right to self-determination, which to my experience is something Omni-Tek opposes as a principle, though not in a overt way, rather a more sublime demand of obedience. But, again, that free will of ours allows us to determine what is right and wrong for each of us, and it seems we have both made our choices in the matter. Agreeing to disagree seems the most logical course at this point.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123