Thread: RK2 and events - question for Cosmik

Question RK2 and events - question for Cosmik

Cozz,

could ye give us a rundown of which events happened so far on RK2 versus those on RK1? And how many new events are planned? When can we expect to move between dimensions?

I mean, it's very nice reading about all those grand events on RK1, but so far, I haven't read much about RK2. The very fact that no one bothers to indicate if an event took place on RK1 or RK2 says enough. And I wouldn't complain if I didn't think ye guys are doing a grand job on the story...

Unhappy Rubi 2 is lonely

Can we get an official answer to this. I have noticed a steady decline of players on Rubi 2 and question the ethics of Funcom, it has became overwhelming obvious that the player base on Rubi 2 is neglected and ignored compared to Rubi 1.

Thumbs down

To the best of my knowledge there has been 1 single event on Rubi2. The farce that was the "ghost create ring" event. It was a joke and was ruined by a lot of things (mostily player based) but thats been the ONLY event.

I beleive players can and will make their own story BUT Rubi 2 IS neglected and any player there knows it. Dont tell me to change server unless I can take my character with me because I bought the propoganda and moved to Rubi2 expecting A a less laggy server and B the same thing as Rubi1 was getting...

Rubi2 is getting less and less populated. Maybe thats what FC want because its costing too much to run for the return they are getting. But the players are not leaving for Rubi1 they are leaving a perfectly good game for pap like DAoC.

Please sort it out. Not that I think anyone is likely to take notice of this.

I to would like to know about the events we on RK2 have participated in. I've contacted funcom by e-mail and they say that while there are less, that there are events on rk2. I havn't seen any tho, my guildmates havn't seen any, and none of the people I've asked have seen any. Bald faced lie? Or merely an exageration?

OK, so I've a handful of chars on RK2 - mainly because I've got a couple friends who started there so I started there with them. Since I've yet to see any events on RK2 and since the population is so sparse. I decided to start a char on RK1 today.

What a world of difference. It is literally unbelieveably different. First, I show up in newbieland and instead of being the only one there with just a couple folks on Newbie Chat, I'm in the Entertainment Park with like 6-10 other people!!!

Then, I leave and go out into Tir. Good golly, no wonder all the events happen on RK1! The lag was so bad it took me forever to get from the bank to Fair Trade. But the place was packed. I'll bet when I'm high enough level it won't be hard to find a team here!

Good bye RK2, I'm playing RK1 from now on. Too bad my main is on RK2 - wish I could migrate. Oh well, getting this noob up to level with so many folks around won't be hard.

Is there anywhere to see stats on how many folks are on each server (RK1 vs. RK2)?

Funcom better do some serious marketing on how to get people or keep people on RK2 (maybe they'll have to close down RK1 to new players) cuz what with events only happening on RK1 - and the major population difference, I can't imagine RK2 being even as populated as it is for long.

Oh yeah, it is nice to go to RK2 once in while if you really can't stand the lag.

Exclamation

it would definitely be good to have a comment from funcom on these RK1 & 2 issues (events, population, migration...).

But as too often, its dead silent
    Last edited by nikh; Nov 20th, 2001 at 20:56:57.

I'm bumping this again because I have primarily played on RK2 and have yet to see anything reselmbing an event (besides the occasional player rally to defend 2HO or something). And I've put in a lot of hours :/.

Do events happen on RK2?

Now I just started my first char on RK1 and there are soooo many more people there that I can understand why FunCom would be more inclined to have events there.

Sill waiting and wondering about where I can find info on how many people are on RK1 vs. RK2 at any given time. Every time I play RK1 is packed and RK2 is empty (typically 6-12 PST).

Has a funcom sponsored event EVER happened on RK2?

Bump

from an RK2 player that would like to see an answer.

dunno about you but..

Dont think merging rubi 1 and 2 will ever be a good idea...

even the economy is different... i.e. credits sold on e-bay are WAY more expensive on 2 than on 1.

same goes to items and such, I dont think there's a lvl 200 in rubi 2 yet, maybe i'm wrong...

And it's nice to recognize more than half the people you run into. Rubi 2 seems a much tighter "community"

and the training ground had a few people in it, so there's more people joining the game (guessing they werent rerolls from the questions they asked)

Re: dunno about you but..

Originally posted by feralfung
    Dont think merging rubi 1 and 2 will ever be a good idea...

even the economy is different... i.e. credits sold on e-bay are WAY more expensive on 2 than on 1.

same goes to items and such, I dont think there's a lvl 200 in rubi 2 yet, maybe i'm wrong...

And it's nice to recognize more than half the people you run into. Rubi 2 seems a much tighter "community"

and the training ground had a few people in it, so there's more people joining the game (guessing they werent rerolls from the questions they asked)
    Nope, there isn't even a player thats broken 150 yet on RK2 - but there are several 130ish and a few 140s, so it'll be soon.

Also, there has been a storyline event on RK2, which Asterz mentioned. Don't worry though, it was a total waste of time, so you didn't miss much. Most of us just stood around for about 6-8 hours and listened to some dressed up retarded level 240ish GMs tell us to go on some scavenger hunt to find stuff to make a ring (yay) so we could free some "ghost" that was trapped due to some early experiments with cell-scanner technology. In the end it appeared and killed itself, and we were told we apparantly had "freed" it, and then whole event was over after wasting an entire night.

Lightbulb Reason?

The only reason that I can think of why FC havent made a way to move your character from RK2 to RK1 is that you would most likely end up with two people with the same name on the same world. But that is only my oppinion so I may be wrong.
    If I always understood what I was saying, I'd be a genius.

So I WANT an answer from FC

And J I will keep bumping !!

When I choose Rk2 there were NO NOTICE that the story will not evolve on this server too !!

If the story are stuck to Rk1 and I cant freely go there to play it then Fc cheat on me and that is UNFAIR !!

*bump*

I'm sure it wouldnt be too hard to throw a mid/low level event and have it pretty well populated, look how many people showed up at Lemercenaries pool party with only 2 server wide messages and no promise of action.

Hmm?

Awfully quiet from the official side about this, in all relevant threads.

How about a response Funcom?

I sent a petition the other day on this when Radiman was killed on RK1. The GM responded, and said that the events team is thinking about events on RK2. Thinking? isn't it a little late to be thinking about events? Main character is assasinated on his first outing in RK1, and we have yet to see anything?

Funcom, doesn't your paying customers deserve an answer?

When is the storyline going to hit RK2? and when is there going to be a bridge so we can move our characters over to RK1(as promised).
    Tiphany of Freedom's Edge
    82 Trader on RK2

Originally posted by Tiphany
    How about a response Funcom?

I sent a petition the other day on this when Radiman was killed on RK1. The GM responded, and said that the events team is thinking about events on RK2. Thinking? isn't it a little late to be thinking about events? Main character is assasinated on his first outing in RK1, and we have yet to see anything?

Funcom, doesn't your paying customers deserve an answer?

When is the storyline going to hit RK2? and when is there going to be a bridge so we can move our characters over to RK1(as promised).
    This is very sad.

This is one of the reasons I quit the game. Every couple of weeks or so I check the boards to see if I should log on again and I read a thread like this that gives me the answer, "NO".

I had a theory that "bringing up RK2" was some sort of quick band-aid for the lag issues on RK1. Maybe after the last big patch where they did the big down load, they can merge everyone on RK2 onto RK1?

Oh well I'll try again later. I do have faith that eventually FunCom will get their act together.

Angry No story on RK2???!!!

After reading this post I am very disapointed! I move to RK2 when it went live in hope of avoiding the lag on RK1 during the early days of release. I am a casual player and steadfastly refuse to create a new character on RK1 to gain access to the sotry that I am PAYING to be a part of. No indication was ever given that RK2 customers would not be receiving the same service as RK1 customers.

Would FC please confirm that RK2 will or will NOT be participating in the story of AO...of course they won't...

Bump

Never Surrender !

ANSWER NOW

Yes, *BUMP*, could someone please answer to us from the official side....? I NEVER read any statement from FC about the RK2 stories/events in any rtelated thread. Why is that??

actually - this question was answered awhile ago (well... the funcom-way of answering, off course)

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...?threadid=1573

cyall

Budhard for Section 4 on RubiKa 2