Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MA Bug

Post MA Bug

Loads of mobs in mission you cannot hit for more than a set amount of dmg, which is about 100 pts a hit lower than i can do.

Its like the mobs (all green) have 1000000 more ac than they are meant to. It means im strugglin against puny green mobs...

Im lv 54, fully implanted with lv 70s, full buffed to the eyeballs and all i can hit for is 55 EVERY SINGLE HIT !!!!!!!!!

Any idea when you think its gonna be fixed ?

/me sighs
    Last edited by Sumonia; Nov 17th, 2001 at 14:10:46.

This is mainly due to the fact that all MA attacks uses Melee/MA as damage, and we all know that is the worst kind. This coupled with the fact that MA has a small damage range means that you don't need much AC to bring it down to minimum damage.

This is not a bug. It's a design flaw. Everything is technically working as it should.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Thumbs down hmm

Actually you are wrong. i just spoke to an ARK, there is a bug with some mobs in missions having ungodly ac.

sounds like a bug for sure

I have the same problem with energy weps, tons of tiny hits agaist mission mobs.

Someone at another thread suggested that is was a flaw from the PvP fix. When my MA fights human MOBs the damage is minimum, but whenever I fight monster MOBs I still do normal damage. It appears that human MOBs have been included in our damage limitation for PvP.

Would be nice if someone fixed whatever is wrong though.

Re: hmm

Originally posted by *Bethany*
    Actually you are wrong. i just spoke to an ARK, there is a bug with some mobs in missions having ungodly ac.
    Hey, that's sort of good to know. I guess. I mean, I'm still hitting for crap against human mobs (my MA), but at least I know it's not normal.

Melee attack may be the easiest to protect against. Sure. But hm, seems kind of unfair to penalize characters who enjoy melee classes. I've played NT and had a wide range of damage types to choose from, loved it. And now I'm on MA. I like getting in a mob's face, being aggressive. I just enjoy the MA profession a lot.

But it has become a chore since 13.0. I do hope they fix this.

bethany.. this is not the right thread for your rants.. go to game mechanics .. geesh

AS far as I'm concerned every board here is the right board if it tells FC how bad this patch is hurting the playerbase. Why haven't we seen an official statement to the effect that mobs aren't supposed to have ungodly AC? I'd like to see the dicussion 'Coming UP' soon.

Melee damage

I am not an MA, but as an Engeneer, I do have a window onto melee combat. And I have noticed that my current pet (Gladiatorbot, QL 64 shell) is doing far less damage post-patch then pre. Before the patch, I could count on him swinging in the low 200's, with the occasinal 300 or 400 point crit. Now, his damage is around 100 pts less per hit. And his damage is =far= less againsed human MOBs. Is it possible that MOB AC got bug-buffed in some fasion? Thats what appears to have happned.

Dierdri AKA Tekhead
    55th Solitus Engeneer
    Phase Shift
    OmniTek and proud of it!

Post well....

I spent FOUR hours with an ARK trying out different missions, different types of mobs, varying difficulty, with different buffs on.

We figured out the 'adventurer' based humanoid mobs had encurred a bug that caused them to have over 10 times! the ac that they should have.

This is not a rant, but a thread to see how many people were having the problem. This enabled me to tell the ARK that it wasnt player restricted, but was happening to all varying profession, not only MAs but enforcers, adventurers and such like too.

After spending the time with the ARK, it enabled him to write a very thorough report, which i HOPE will get through....

I agree they should make a notice of it, so that people who do not read the forums, will know that it is a bug.

Im sorry if you feel that this post is in the wrong place, where do you think i should have posted it Yazule ?

Bethany, I was thinking about doing the same thing with an ARK, but I didn't have time to wait for a response. Thanks for letting somebody know in-game. I hope it gets the attention it deserves.

I'd also llike to add that I am having a lot of trouble with not only the adventurer types (having less trouble with them, honestly), but also soldier and enforcer NPCs. They hit really hard, really fast and I hit a lower minimum damage than they do. Plus they have damage shields that can do 10-20 points of damage per tick. And they regen REALLY fast.

Note: I am talking about even con or pale orange MOBs in this instance (found on 50% missions). But I do hit minimum against green and gray MOBs of the same type, as well.

I post here in the event that a fix will be "coming up". Heh.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Misophist, thanks for your post. Im glad this thread has enabled more information to come in. I will pass on the details that you are describing to the ARk i dealt with that you are finding other mob classes hard also.

Lets hope the next 'fix' will do this for us, before we all die of starvation
    Variety is the ****E of life!

Originally posted by Spook
    Someone at another thread suggested that is was a flaw from the PvP fix. When my MA fights human MOBs the damage is minimum, but whenever I fight monster MOBs I still do normal damage. It appears that human MOBs have been included in our damage limitation for PvP.

Would be nice if someone fixed whatever is wrong though.
    I don't think it's the human MOBS, because yesterday I (an NT) was playing and I was exploring around, looking for a good place to solo hunt (no friends online ) and I ran across a little clan outpost south of Harrys, along the river shore. All the guys were very grey to me. It didn't look like I was going to find anything anytime soon, and my nano was full (so my humidity extractor was doing nothing), so a nuked one of the MA mobs (they usually have the best cash reward).
    I nuked it with Glacial Advance, 288-580 cold damage. I hit it for ~480 damage.
    So either I *somehow* hit it for 960 damage, or I didn't get hit by the 50% PvP damage reduction. I'm gonna have to go with it wasn't affected.

from my experience it definitely happens with some MOBS, but not all. And when I read some of the interesting posts here, I tend to conclude that indeed its an AC 'bug'? rather than something directly linked with the PvP changes.

I've noticed this too.

I drew a mission that had a variety of levels of Human Mobs and also was half filled with scooplets that agroed on me (Omni, so this isn't fixed either) and have the following to report.

On all Human mobs Grey through Dark Orange I was hitting for minimum damage with my fists (67 pts) and Sword (39 pts). However against yellow and orange scooplets I was hitting from 109 to 219 with fists.

My Brawls and special attacks worked as usual, but far fewer crits than normal.

Hope this info helps,
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. "
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Arrow ..

Spydr, i think you missed the point entirely.

The bug is only (so far) been in MISSIONS on humanoid mobs. Try doing a mission, with humanoid enemies. See if they resist your spells more...

I dont think it has anything to do with the restriction on pvp coming over into normal play....but i do know this is a big bug as you can see it has effected many people.

I even noticed it with my newbie lv 20 enf when i was farmin tokens today. One mob, i would hit for 50-60 a hit (duel wield baseball bats) and then one mob (same colour as before) max i could hit for was 2 pts (QL 50 bats) LMAO

I talked to an ARK today, it seems that enforcers and a fixer he saw have the same problem. I sent Funcom a letter, and a screenshot of me doing 45's on a grey mob. They claim they didnt know there was a problem, but it seems the ARKs do.

Arrow Welp

They only need to look here and they will see just how many people it has effected that are reporting it on the forums. Im sure there are loads of people who are either plodding on with the bug, dying and getting serious depressed and others who can play different chars hoping that it gets reported and fixes

Glad more people are emailing them, hopefully they will get the idea soon.....*waiting on a very much needed fix*

bump.

At level 96 i'm screwed against human NPC's. Thank god I have an enforcer friend with a hammer that does 1000 damage per second to kill them for me. (SARCASM!!) Solo missions are meant to be done solo, correct? Wasn't the MA supposed to be able to like..um do damage too? Please look into this.

Originally posted by spydr

I don't think it's the human MOBS, because yesterday I (an NT) was playing and I was exploring around, looking for a good place to solo hunt (no friends online ) and I ran across a little clan outpost south of Harrys, along the river shore. All the guys were very grey to me. It didn't look like I was going to find anything anytime soon, and my nano was full (so my humidity extractor was doing nothing), so a nuked one of the MA mobs (they usually have the best cash reward).
    I nuked it with Glacial Advance, 288-580 cold damage. I hit it for ~480 damage.
    So either I *somehow* hit it for 960 damage, or I didn't get hit by the 50% PvP damage reduction. I'm gonna have to go with it wasn't affected.

That would use cold ac which may not be so affected. I have noticed that thunderclap which uses melee is doing about 100 less damage. It should do 194 to 400(something) and I have had several hits in the low 100's. Glacial advance is working as expected or at least seems to. I don't use it all that often as it takes to long and they usually start to attack me sometime after I start running it. Radiation based nanos are still working well too.

Mustafo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast