Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Rifle skill (We need new buff)

Rifle skill (We need new buff)

One way of making agents fare better is giving us a rifleskill buff that adds around 300 to rifle. This would enable us to hit people in PvP with regular shots (well at least non acrobated ones anyway).
    Carl Zeizz Optics (NanoGent: 211). Space technology in your riflescope.

Agents already OWN pvp, I don't think that you need another rifle buff.
    Every profession to at least lvl 100 at one point or another.. BEFORE Shadowlands. Several over 100. 1 150+. 1 190+.
    I HATE STUPID PEOPLE!

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

Exclamation

Actually a very neat idea. But what about something that adds +150 Rifle and +1/2 Crit change that stacks with UA? Make it self only and be a recycle nano like the cyclics or the soldier Heighten Feight buff so that it's there but not always there Would make it very useful but not make us a target for s'more nerfage :/
    Saybel - The incredible tanking Agent :^_~

| Some thing's are best kept secret... |

-!buzz buzz!-

Proud Unit Leader of Legion

I'd be happy if they just removed the Sneak Attack buff from UA. Everytime I see it I'm reminded of how I raised sneak attack when I first started playing because I was told green skills were usefull
    Mimic: Agent

Originally posted by Internalfire
    lol.....
    go troll somewhere else thanks.
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he today that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so lowly, This day shall enoble his rank. And gentlemen in England, now abed, Shall think themselves accursed they were not here; And hold their manhoods cheap while any speaks That fought with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

General of Adrenaline Rush

I really dont think a rifle buff with help us in any way (considering our weapon situation atm), what we need is a rifle with decent min dmg, the extra rifle skill would be nice for equipping higher rifles, but then we can always mimic enf/trader if the situation requires..

Fix UA so it adds Aimshot skill instead.
    Maybe up the timer on Patch of Executioner line to 1 hour instead of 20(30?) min, and little more dmg
    Dont think we need more Rifle buffs, even tho a self only rifle buff would be cool, but rifle is already easy too buff.

more rifle skill wont help much vs Def in PvP, use a cater

I'd rather like to see funcom fixing bugs instead of adding new stuff like buffs.

Concealment bug, UA bug, sl dmg nanos bugs!!!
    Last edited by Phoenix; Jan 10th, 2004 at 01:13:25.
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Fix UA so it adds AS.

Agents get big advantages with SL levels and considering the fact they get access to rifle perks that other professions do not, they should have a considerable advantage.

At 220, noone is going to come close in terms of rifle AR..
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Laugh all you want people, I am actually being serious here.
    Doubling or tripling our Weaponbuffs and making them self only would finally give us an advantage with a rifle. But it seems you dont want that to happen. Agents should be able to hit people with regular shots most of the time btw, not only AS. Running absolute concentration and hitting with 0-1 shot in pvp does not make me happy at least. Wee just found out +dmg is good and all, but we do have to hit people first, dont we?

Agents uber in pvp? No! Do we have bioshield? Do we have Reflects? Do we have acrobat? Do we have a weapon noone else can use to our ability?

Obviously there are some specialized agent gankers out there that have gimped themselves into Oneidas/Flashpoints making us look uber in pvp. All professions could do this now.. get alphas equipped (we have dark blue skills there) only advantage would probably be abs conc coupled with FA. But my point is any profession willing to go to extremes to be good in PvP could be good in PvP. For most people it is not as important or neccessary to be good in PvP, but a part of the agent community feels it is neccesary to fulfill the agents "role".

Heard from a friend yesterday: " U know how good agents get in PvP with a lot of SL? " ..no " They do 20k dmg in 3 seconds...

This is something that happens 1/20 times (and just for the alpha guys), everything must land, crit, be high etc. I am level 202 atm and do not share these PvP experiences, have resetted RE, FA, Fling, Burst (4 dark blue skills) now, so I dont really care.

Point is, one should not base agents PvP dmg reputation on such singular instance information! The same thing is going on in PvM dmg calculation (they have added a 220 charmed Mob "Mimic Crat" to our dmg output.. and this in inferno).. How long will an agent stay alive with a shortterm charm (psy 455, non sl one at that) with increased cast time/fumble range, lowered nanoskills/higher resists etc). This is bordering on the stupid, and I am pretty fed up with the unfair "uber rep" we seem to get.

"and at 220 noone is going to come close to rifle ar".

We need to max 3 perk lines (1 good, one mediocre, on poor) to get +200 to rifle. A lot of profs need only max one good line to get +200.

Will evades not increase along with the rifle AR increase, making hitting people just as hard?

Agents have very poor defence, Poor HP, Poor evades, Old secondhand nanos. We should hit people and hit them hard, more so than other professions, and this was stated by funcom in the dev chat on our sl dmg. This is not the case atm.

Percentage wise, a +300 rifleskill/ AS buff would scale nicely with our total skill pool at high level (210+).

Agents have very poor defence, Poor HP, Poor evades, Old secondhand nanos. We should hit people and hit them hard, more so than other professions, and this was stated by funcom in the dev chat on our sl dmg. This is not the case atm.
    You have heals, TMS, Pets, HP buffs (essence, Corruscating Screen), Rage, Challenger, Layers........

Old second hand buffs? PLEASE

We should hit people and hit them hard, more so than other professions, and this was stated by funcom in the dev chat on our sl dmg. This is not the case atm.

Well, Get in line - Your not the ONLY ones.

You have heals, TMS, Pets, HP buffs (essence, Corruscating Screen), Rage, Challenger, Layers........

Old second hand buffs? PLEASE

We should hit people and hit them hard, more so than other professions, and this was stated by funcom in the dev chat on our sl dmg. This is not the case atm.

go back to your line this is the agent one

Maybe you should go level up your MA and check your dmg instead of trolling agent forum?

MA dmg is uber, ask any high lvl MA
    Heck my lvl 200 MA has good dmg for his lvl
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

hahaha just noticed this

I think I'll stay over hear where I belong, though

"You are not the only ones"

We are "the only ones" with poor evades, hitpoints and no special ability to compensate (without our promised dmg).

We can not heal, tms, root, rage, mongo, nuke, calm, charm at the same time as some believe. And gimme a break and remember our mimic disadvantages.

before you start knocking me down... got a new agent lvling quick...

But really compared to a lot of other professions you have nothing to worry about... I mean my main is a trader, they gimped us to hell a long time ago, but I still enjoy playing with him, just don't pvp much anymore.

With a good layout agents can get some good specials going, and a +300 riffle buff would as I see it, not even out the difference, but more likely make it even harder for a low hp class to beat you all.

Thing is, there are just some professions that agents can't beat, as for trader and every other class. Live with it, and plan your strategy well if you really wanna do good in pvp. Alpha doesn't have to be the only way to go, you gotta outsmart your opponent, and know when not to bother at all.

Wanting something as a class that ownz all is just imagination, you/we are never gonna get that uber in pvp, and thank god. (I already see the 500 agents camping arena)

Agent's are good enough in pvp is it is, and I'm gonna pvp with mine too. Hell I'll prolly even have fun with it.

But a +300 riffle buff would just be lame in my oppinion...

Ya, I know you're gonna say something bad about this, but hell... it's true.

Have fun all

ps. can't do it all at once (tms,rage... etc) but can do what is best suited for the situation
    Advymania 220 Trox Adventurer
    Trademania 206 Sol Trader

Agents do good in PvP. There are plenty of Agent-twinks at all levels for a reason. Agents that level into shadowlevels dont notice much of the negative aspecs of mimic and ultimately become extremely powerfull in PvP with TMS or CH or inzane AR with challanger or such.

If agents need anything then its for PvM only. The rifles available have low min damage and that sucks in SL. I dont mind if agents get a gun that is usefull in PvM but not overpowered in PvP.

Most likely semi-slow recharge but very very high min damage. High min-damage AND low recharge for aimed would turn PvP into a circus.

I allso think many people need to stop focusing on what an agent dont have and focus more on what an agent DO have. Low hp, evades and such? Not less than most others, especially not in mimic enf and u can use CH like u where a doc ureself at high levels and TMS like u where a soldier. Its not like u need love to stay alive or anything. There are some weak spots here and there but they are there because no profession can be perfect. Why choose any other profession if this prof is perfect in everyway?

I would gladely give my drains away for Mimic at my level.
    Last edited by Wrangeline; Jan 11th, 2004 at 02:19:46.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

I dont think any agent asked for better PvP dmg, the problem is min damage and SL. If we wouldnt hit min dmg we'd be more in FC's envisioned "best dmg" template. Too bad most trolls mistake our claims for pvp love.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast