Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: How long did you camp your spirit shroud?

doc: 83 kills
    nt: 7 kills
    engie: 600ish+, still not dropped
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Decided to hunt some scourges yesterday. Did like 55 in a row, finally got my shroud.

Been at 20-30 before that.
    Alreadythere setup
    Maellace setup
    Proud Board Member of Dark Front - Join us now!

got mine in about 7 or 8 kills

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

1 kill, just a driveby shooting of a mob in my path.

Total found 4 shrouds, 1 for me, 3 for others.

20ish kills for first shroud.
    1 extra kill for second shroud for a mate.
    Now camping a third for another mate.

2 for my MP (woo!)
    78 so far on my adv, no drop (doesn't take long to kill them though, but a bad string of hits makes it kind of risky)

215/15 | Lagerlad Atrox Adventurer | eqp | Mostly indestructible
    214/13 | Xpie Atrox Meta-physicist | eqp | Supernova!
    Member of Ragnarok

maur you got to come help me, john is bad luck!

160-170 kills now

Haha, congrats Hollow.
    Medithor 220 OT Eternalist Equip
    Luvr 204 Fixer

had at least 400 kills in total before first shroud dropped. (killed maaaaaaany with my agent with no drop, then went on with doc who finally got it )
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

my doc has never tried to camp a shroud, but I just found it for my soldier on kill #66.

Edit: and after equipping it and losing the 12 ncu from scorpio shell, he now was 666 ncu with range increaser equipped. Evil? perhaps.
    Last edited by Azza; May 6th, 2006 at 18:09:23.
    Famous "Azzamis" Pants -- 220/30/68 Soldier -- Retired

CosmicOsmo #465 -- N.A. Starcraft 2 -- sc2ranks
    Daesis Wrack -- EVE Online -- killboard

I'm sorry but I think its all too much effort for a very mediocre item :/
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

The control version is great for the 2% critdecrease, makes soloing mobs that crit hard easier etc, the tutoring is good to save some ip in tutoring for twinking.

The extermination version adds 40 nano init, great for instacasting that evil 218 heal self.

The support version adds 1% healing effiency and 1% xp, great for SKing

The Artillery version adds 1% crit, great if you're a MA doc

list goes on.. I wouldn't call it wasted effort..
    Last edited by Rubera; Apr 30th, 2006 at 15:38:19.
    Neophyte "Ruberaa" 5/0 - lolequip

Quote Originally Posted by Myga
    Please tell me how I easily can get that RBP to replace it with .
    EDIT NOTE: WOW I didn't notice I was on page 1 of an almost year-old thread! Oops! Necromancy ftw!

Well, if you think about someone camping for 6 months for a Shroud, that's plenty of time to have done occasional farming missions / dynas to earn enough for the RBP.

Or enough time to have levelled to 215 and gone for a Burden (takes around 50-60 beast kills to get Burden right now, if you don't spend points elsewhere, which is 4 months of solid beasting).

Are those easy? No, but neither is insane numbers of Scourge kills (ok, that's -easy- as far as the game goes, but not easy mentally, at least for me . Of all the above solutions, RBP is actually the easiest in amount of time required.

I've started camping a shroud for my shade just because the blood cloak looks like a bloody (literally) Spongebob Squarepants from the back on a trox shade. Time to go for looks ^^ ... I would like one on my Doc but only if I get real lucky and my Shade's drops reasonably fast.

I've got 1 orgmate that got it on the first kill on accident and never wears it :/ Another camped for a couple hundred to get it. I'm probably on around 50 kills so far. I just go when I'm utterly bored and can't stand looking at the BSC anymore (sad, I spent a lot of effort getting BSC on a 190 trox, enough to OE it, but I just didn't realize how BAD it would look).
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Apr 30th, 2006 at 17:09:00.

Well I'll be, I decided "I'm bored, Shade is almost 200, so I'll go camp scourges for a bit" ... just before he got popped the Shadowknowledge question, he got his shroud.

I'd guess I was right around 75 kills total.

20 minutes on my doc about 3 kills... but camping it with friends for friends is a night mare... Enfy friends finally dropped after 3 days in a row 3 hours a night camping them I guess Docs just have more luck at drops
    Ragingangel 220/26 Omni Doc
    Rjsangel 215/16 Omni Shade
    Proud Unit Members of Dark Front

Kill 170 here, i was callin it quits at 1000, glad it dropped so early

About a 100 or so, only a few hours work and it is the best Doc back piece.

I cant believe how some ppl get it in a few kills, and some never got/gets it after 100s of kills.
    I have about 200ish kills and want one badly. And I will get one eventually... just that... it's not so much fun anymore... gets more time between sessions every time... sigh...

Anyone tried to calcuate the droprate from all thses numbers yet? 1/100?

WTB Ring of increased Luck. PST

/imon

Hunted them abit.. wrote down the number.. (lost the paper)..
    continued to hunt.. wrote down the number of the new.. but still uncertain of how many i killed before..
    official number.. 71..
    Was a great day though.. lagfeast.. all the dynas i normally camped was dead or camped.. i find one scourge.. and.. there it was.. the shroud.

(and later that day i won a competition for a Leet-key... wanna do some leet duels now) ;D )
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Smile

Was a funny day when i got it It was right after the downtime, HC was going to the beast. I joined them died on the way, then i thought with the downtime, there should be many NS's. Usually its camped, so u cant see much of them, u have to search for them. I didnt leave the team i had for beast, as i zoned to purity there was "many" NS's waiting for me i killed 3 NS's and it was there

Ppl in my team were like "omg wtf w00t yay! phat lewt"

it was like my 50nd kill or so.
    Carnoric 220 doc
    Carnodyn 135 fixer
    Shiraq 115 agent
    Carnotech 100 nano

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast