Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: How long did you camp your spirit shroud?

It took me close to 6 months. But I really didn't spend hours upon hours camping it. I went when I could. Sometimes 1 hour, sometimes 2 hours per day.

None the less, am a proud owner!
    Okies, I was told to write the true story of camping for this Shroud...

One of my friends was running around with no coat on. I said, why are you not wearing something on your back? His response was him posting the shroud to me. I never really drooled for anything in this game but this was my first. I had to have it.

I spent days begging friends to spend an hour with me, here and there camping it. Several times, others were camping it as well, so it got a bit frustrating. Months went by and several notums later, I was starting to wander from the idea of ever owning a shroud.

An MP friend of mine, who believes he is a shamen (I keep telling him he's in the wrong game) said "today is the day, I will perform the ancient ritual dance of Scrotum Notum drop." (yes you read that right) I didn't know if I should laugh or be frightened. (Hey, there are some real fun people in this game)

Anyhoo, I got Hollowburn to go out and camp with me. Low and behold, and he will attest to his sentence... every Notum was out there in numbers. It looked like mating season, and no one was camping them! (guess that damn dance worked) I thought, perhaps this was my day.

We happily slayed each and every one of them and to my dismay - NO SHROUD. I guess I should of paid Pestilance (MP) to have done the dance of fertility of the shroud.

A week or two later,(okies-it was month) I go trudging to Pen, this time with a crat and soldier for the hell of it. They killed, I looted. After the 4th kill, I open one up and saw a shroud, stared at it for a second or two, and then ID'd it. I said in team, "Oh crap, it dropped one for an NT." Immediately, one of them yells at me to pick it up and click on it till it said Doctor.

There may be better items to wear on my back, but for what I went through to get this..I proudly wear it. LOL

~Haumi
    Last edited by Haumunnatra; Jul 19th, 2005 at 17:10:12.
    .:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:_:*~*:.

~Haumunnatra~ - 220/30/58 Solitus Doctor

*Smile, its the second best thing you can do
    with your lips. Y

I've gotta revise my previous statement. I just got it after only 17 kills. Well worth the effort :P
    Kaisho - 220|27|70 - Agent
    Thomboy - 220|22|62 - Soldier
    Anarkali - 220|28|59 - Engineer
    Caesar - 220|30|70 - Bureaucrat
    ------------------------
    Ultima Ratio Regum
    ------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by bonzay1 View Post
    to bad u are a trash U HAVE LACK AT TALKING

Quote Originally Posted by Thomboy
    I've gotta revise my previous statement. I just got it after only 17 kills. Well worth the effort :P
    Please die....

Quote Originally Posted by Malosar
    Please die....
    Bump....

I camped 1 Week for it,.... something around 100 kills per day....

between the 650 and the 700 Notum Scourge it dropped....

Did i win something now?:P

In my opinion I'm the only one who is allowed to wear it with pride!:P (only if someone don't have more kills then shame on me:P)
    Knuffelinoleinchen | 220 | 27 | RK1 | alive and kicking ass | Equipp will be shown when finished
    PapaSchlumpf "Hellslayer" Zenker | 220 | 23 | RK1 | semi active | Equipp
    Hell "Hellsdoc" Beastheal | 219 | 21 | RK1 | semi active | Equipp

I've done 125 kills , gotten 17 ingots (6 gold , 2 iridium, 5 osmium and 3 platinum)
    I camp it because i like statistics.
    Bump for this thread.
    Please keep good and accurate statistics, mabye we can calc the accurate droprate in % after a few more drops.

couple months, 1-2 hours every few days. probably 150ish kills
    Steveo 220 Clan NT RK2
    Contagion 220 Clan Doc RK2

Proud wielder of the Pitchfork of Satenia

442 so far, no shroud dropped. I'll update if I find one or if I give up
    Cherryl "Sirika" Peak, Doc, DNW
    Raymond "Fulmen" Konecny, Martial Artist, DNW

Ahh ... the joys of yet another Spirit Shroud camp thread!

Did you know I'm officially entitled to stalk all these lovely Notum Scourge threads?

Grats anyway ... and can I see the "ancient ritual dance of Scrotum Notum drop" ... thinking of it .... nevermind ...

Grats anyway ... and can I see the "ancient ritual dance of Scrotum Notum drop" ... thinking of it .... nevermind ...

Chrome
    Pestilance is a Male Nanomage MP. It started out with /cross, then /pray, then some dance move where they are pointing their hands in the air and moving their legs. Then if I am not mistaken /backflip and /apache then more dancing and that thing you do when your on your knees and bowing. Then I think I saw /lounge and /itch (which was rather funny) and then more dancing. I think I also saw a YMCA thrown in for good measure.

He doesn't play the game anymore (moved to WoW). But I did tell him you inquired about it in which he responded 1 billion for his services. LOL
    p.s. that includes the "fertility of the shroud" dance thrown in.

~Haumi

~Haumunnatra~ - 220/30/58 Solitus Doctor

*Smile, its the second best thing you can do
    with your lips. Y

got mine after a day of camping, maybe 4 hours total on and off.. chatting, cyb0ring, oooh look a notum scourge, buff kill, cyb0r more.. decided to cyb0r with Ezequell then a spirit shroud drop...

all start cyb0ring Ezequell and you will get your shroud

just got mine today about 300ish kills id say on and off, but i was staying until it dropped this time even if it meant camping 1 week straight. drop rate might be bad, but they die extremely fast so you can get quite a few kills in in a day of camping.
    Transferz - Lvl 1 Trader
    Killer 93% Achiever 73% Explorer 20% Socializer 13%

mine dropped 15 minutes ago on the island. Did exactly 166 kills from i started to camp it till it dropped
    So far it sems that the droprate is between 0.5-1% somewhere. But that doesn't mean that it's guaranteed to drop on the first 200 kills Maths can trick you easily Probability has nothing to do with facts..

/elet and dingmaster

lets se first time out to pen with a crat friend that needed it. 12th kill. Org mate camped it for 6 months on and off an no luck.
    Don't worry , you're a clanner, those fealings of inadequacy are perfectley normal. They will pass with your death.

It is only our insecurity that makes us competitive and we search for security in other peoples recognition. We will not stop being who we really are, just because we are "better" then others.

Why do you think so many Fish & Game officers and park rangers are wearing cammies and toting m-16's? It ain't cause bambi's gone gorilla.(quote given in referance to current state of poaching in the US)

Yeah, I already did this crap with an mbc, and with the sleeves of boiling blood. Not looking forward to doing it again.
    Deaus, 220/20 Doctor. Sentinels
    Deaus was born on Wed Jul 11 17:56:19 2001

Quote Originally Posted by Major Payne
    got mine after a day of camping, maybe 4 hours total on and off.. chatting, cyb0ring, oooh look a notum scourge, buff kill, cyb0r more.. decided to cyb0r with Ezequell then a spirit shroud drop...

all start cyb0ring Ezequell and you will get your shroud
    Damn that must be the secret... I will have to start cyb0ring vojoc more

I think I'm at something like 800 kills, off and on over the last year, I give up on it every now and then, get the urge for another week or so, then quit again.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

crap drop rate2k!!!!111!!! ;P
    killed 1 and still no drop OMGFFS ;P

gl to the rest of you ^^

i know one person getting it with few kills.
    I dont need it myself as i like BoC more, but it is nice item if u like to be without back armor mesh :P
    Steelblade 220/30, RK2 Clan Doctor, General of Haven My Equip Upcoming Perks
    Zteelo 214/17 Clan Enf, RK2 --- Retired for now ---
    Zteel 208/13 Clan Mp, RK2 ---Retired Tradeskiller--
    Snipeshot 170/14 Clan Agent, RK2 > Active
    Roleplayer 105/7 Clan NT, RK2 --- Waiting for re-equip ---

Quote Originally Posted by Steelblade
    i know one person getting it with few kills.
    I dont need it myself as i like BoC more, but it is nice item if u like to be without back armor mesh :P
    I'm sure we'd all like BoC more, but it's beyond the grasp of a lot of people. I get to do a beast raid once a week at most.

Quote Originally Posted by Haumunnatra
    ...Immediately, one of them yells at me to pick it up and click on it till it said Doctor.
    Dont need to be nt to wear the nt one, all is wearable by any profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Haumunnatra
    There may be better items to wear on my back, but for what I went through to get this..I proudly wear it. LOL
    There are no better back items for a doc for pvm use. The crit decrease modifier can help you dot happily away while mobs hit you for measly 4k hits instead of 7k-8k crits. Having kinda low evades and full aggro makes critting easy for mobs, and anything to decrease that, yummy.

PvP I still use it, but that's because I havent bothered to check for other back armor and dont have burden yet to even think about comparing those two.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast