Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: How long did you camp your spirit shroud?

Wow, 1k+ and no shroud?

I've found 6 in about 400 kills.
    Age and betrayal beats youth and power every time

What are this saturday's lottery numbers, mauurie? i'm still at max kills! yay for me!

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

There is a Spirit Shroud O.o

Found mine a few days ago now, just took a advy to join my team and it dropped ^^

About a year.

I'll try the adv thing tomorrow.
    Maybe even grab a keeper for good measure.

Edit: The adv thing didn't work..
    [Quetzalcoatl] Oberdoc: Character stored. 94877 Shadowknowledge saved.
    [Quetzalcoatl] Oberdoc: !calc 94877/800
    [Quetzalcoatl] ****: 94877/800 = 118.59625

Gonna try Trox melee adv + trox keeper next time...
    Last edited by Ober; Nov 19th, 2006 at 20:28:35.

This is one of the things I find profoundly discouraging about AO.

Meaning, the way some people get drops with such ease, and others never get the misbegotten item, whatever it may be.

It makes me suspect that there are hidden game mechanics responsible.

"Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action."

But of course somebody is going to pipe up with a comment to the effect that I just don't understand the meaning of "random".
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    But of course somebody is going to pipe up with a comment to the effect that I just don't understand the meaning of "random".
    I think you just dont understant the meaning of "random." See, in any set, given a low probability blah blah blah blah blah...
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

The word random is used to express lack of purpose, cause, order, or predictability in non-scientific parlance.

A random process is a repeating process whose outcomes follow no describable deterministic pattern, but follow a probability distribution.

The term randomness is often used in statistics to signify well defined statistical properties, such as lack of bias or correlation. Random is different from arbitrary, because to say that a variable is random means that the variable follows a probability distribution. Arbitrary on the other hand implies that there is no such determinable probability distribution for the variable.

Source: Wikipedia.

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

Dropped one yesterday, killing scourges with a Shade guildie.
    Was about the 30th we killed today, for a total of about... 60, maybe 75.
    Now it's time to drop he second for her NT
    Faeryl Fixer RK2
    Rakusu Trader RK2. Former president of Loss of Life
    Nakahara Doc RK2
    Nukefrenzy NT RK2

Meaning, the way some people get drops with such ease, and others never get the misbegotten item, whatever it may be.

the said game mechanics you are refering to are called 'serendipity'

63 and counting. hope it wont take 1k+, i can feel the pain about those unlucky dewds/gals
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

Last night i was camping pen slithers with a crat orgmate for the inf boots multuk.
    He charmed a NS to go faster. As we were killing slithers fast, we beat the spawn time, o we decided to kill only one NS to pass the time.

I told him on teamspeak "If the shroud drops know, you are the ****ing luckyest player around" or somethinh like that, in french.

Guess what, he now got a spirit shroud. On 1st kill. As far as i am concerned, it was my 7th kill, and i already got mine.

Yes, you can /ignore me.

Good day.
    Epolass 220/27 Eternalist Dedicated nurse
    Secretairepo 194/10 Dictator-wanabe Taking the path to TL7
    Hiddenpolas 150/11 Spectre with a nice blood cloak
    President of ACF Douce folie

Quote Originally Posted by Mereditche View Post
    I can't care less about the balancing. Afterwards, the same people will still be whining on forums, the rest will adapt as always.

1....0....6.....4..........this is so not even remotely funny anymore........
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

OMG!! j00 r n00b or what? Never heard of GM? GayMaster, I mean Game Master? Those ppl normaly invisible to regular players are monitoring game whole the time. They distribute loot and are in charge of all other 'random' events in game. Yet out of game they can read this forums as we can. So they are just checking who is most pissed off fact that shroud has not drop yet and they do not let it drop. Then they check who do not needs it as allready has all phats in game and gives a shait about shroud so first time he/she kills it thing drops.

Randoms means operated by GM

cheerz
    Fairy

PS
    By writing this post I just decreased drop rate of shroud for me...
    Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyFighter View Post
    OMG!! j00 r n00b or what? Never heard of GM? GayMaster, I mean Game Master? Those ppl normaly invisible to regular players are monitoring game whole the time. They distribute loot and are in charge of all other 'random' events in game. Yet out of game they can read this forums as we can. So they are just checking who is most pissed off fact that shroud has not drop yet and they do not let it drop. Then they check who do not needs it as allready has all phats in game and gives a shait about shroud so first time he/she kills it thing drops.

Randoms means operated by GM

cheerz
    Fairy

PS
    By writing this post I just decreased drop rate of shroud for me...

If this is indeed the case, something I've suspected for a very long time, then I'd like to make it clear I now have enough zods points for my shell, so I won't be needing that shroud anymore, and any scourges I kill will just be to help pass the time.
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

Shround on first drop, guaranteed!!

Siorai,

Grab Shell, go to Pen, kill scourge, loot shround, wana bet?
    Last edited by FairyFighter; Dec 8th, 2006 at 15:51:43.
    Video games don't affect kids, I mean if Pac Man affected us as kids, we'd all run around in a darkened room munching pills and listening to repetitive music.

Quote Originally Posted by FairyFighter View Post
    Siorai,

Crab Shell, go to Pen, kill scourge, loot shround, wana bet?
    that is 100% sure, 5credz on it
    No Doc can Heal Stupidity,Tard!

Smaaldor doc 207/13

Well not on my doc, but I'll brag anyway:

One scourge kill ever on trader, one shroud looted.

I was in a pen mission today with a pickup team, and was missing 500 SK for level 204 after the dummy was dead. The keeper suggested he log his doc (Wyldebeast, thanks again) and help me get the ding on scourges. Got the ding in one kill, too.
    Hlep gnak!

200-300 kills, no drop.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Siorai you should convince all your lowbie fixer orgmates to come out and kill them for you It's not bad SK and most fixers have no desire to get a hold of it, teh perfect exploitation. *hugs his shroud he keeps in his treatment buffing bag*
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

[Vicinity Loot Messages] Oberdoc looted Spirit Shroud of the Infantry from Remains of Notum Scourge.

Today.

Check auno bio, I started soloing them regularily at 203'ish...

"Yay!"

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast