Thread: I need/want to make a list of a 220 Doc PvP/PVM Toolset

I need/want to make a list of a 220 Doc PvP/PVM Toolset

Let me first start off by saying if you don't PvP, I understand. Just any tips you have, I'd like to use to give a better reference point to myself (and others).

Background: I just leveled my doctor to 219 (soon to be 220). To cut it brief - I missed a huge part of the toolset in not having init debuff procs on my hotbar (or even knowing their useful). I then talked to Notnotnotnod, and realized I wanted to hear from you...the experienced doctor's, what valuable tips you could give to a newbie doctor to help improve my toolset.

Tool sets issues I have, such as:

*What armor should be used
    *What priorities are more important with perks
    *What should I prioritize gear wise -- My Gear is HORRIBLE! (Like where should I farm first, what should I use my LE points on first?)
    *What LE Research (and procs) is higher priority/most needed
    *What should be combat rotation in fights
    *How to balance a PVP/PVM setup
    *What are the PvP priorities?
    *The current doctor method vs. RE-BALANCE methods
    * Any other useful tips

If you have any tips, I'd like to add them to a list here. I will give full credit and want to thank the doctor community in advance.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; May 9th, 2011 at 21:22:50.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

Reserving one slot, just to have a: full list, quotes,opinions of the community.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

So busy with leveling that after 219 levels you still dont have enough time to check auno for 5 minutes?
    RK2 characters: Asasello Sottocapo - tl7s , Zomowiec - tl5 enf, Maciejq - tl5 NT, Chinaski - 150 sold, Ciek - 150 trader, Rysiek - 150 engi, Ciekafsky - 150 ma - full o'phatz, no need to post equips.
    RK1: Ciex - 150 nt kinda gimpy but at last i could say im a selfkite man!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciek2011 View Post
    So busy with leveling that after 219 levels you still dont have enough time to check auno for 5 minutes?
    Yeah.. Thats constructive.

I have a 219/30 Doc as well and am up in the air about a pvp setup. I think it's a good idea to see what the more experienced docs are doing.

@OP Good thread topic, well written, and with valid questions including future balance concerns.

I don't have much to contribute besides what might seem to some as the obvious. I'll confess, as much as I don't like to do this.. I did sort of cheat. I found this persons set-up he posted on 'auno'. I am using it as sort of a reference. Seems pretty solid however after doing some homework I do see where I might go my own way with some things. I have managed to at least obtain all the things in that set-up besides the symbs, which i'm working on now. Leaving the Nano Controller Unit and Alphas for last to do all at once, IP resets/PR and all that crap. I went IGoC instead of the Cama Pad and the all in one HHaB ring, forget the name. lol

Anyways... Heres the link.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=92556

Thanks for starting the thread and i'll be following.
    Kira "twichy" Lii

Dragon - Yours is not the path of force, though force is often needed to clear the path.

DDAC

Going for as much HP as possible in PVP is a good start. It'll prevent you from being alpha'd, surviving long enough to cast a heal and annoy the crap out of profs who assume they can kill you in a couple seconds.

I'm personally all about survivability. I'm not going to kill anyone quickly, but I feel that I live long enough to be useful in supporting other people: whether through capturing points in BS, tanking multiple people without a strong alpha, or of course, healing others.

You can check out my equip below; I'm at just about 20,000 hp un-buffed. I'd like to eventually get an ACDC and an RBP, which should boost that up a bit as well.
    `((((
    `(. .)
    ((
    v )) Kimarzt
    .m m 220/30/70 Doctor :: First and Only Doctor to Equip Hatred of the Xans :: First Doctor with Sword of Dusk

setup in my sig is 22k selfbuffed as a nanomage. only thing i've changed since doing that setup was dropping the db hp ncu for a morphing mem, doc pistols for troll pistol/lust, hud3 for 250 scope and green belt for yellow belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciek2011 View Post
    Took me only 30 seconds to see on your previous few post that you are a dedicated troll. I guess I could use the other 4:30 to learn everything.

On a serious note - I'd like to get your insight Ciek, and some of the things I've learned from some very smart Doctors and this thread I am sure would take me a long time to learn...not minutes on auno.org.
    Last edited by Ctrlaltwin; May 10th, 2011 at 03:46:17.
    Ctrlaltwin. Man. Legend.

seems to be 3 good options for pvp setup

1. max hp and aimed shot setup
    2. mixed hp and nanoskills setup
    3. full pistol attack rating setup

always keep free movement stim at hand, and focus on healing yourself, because
    any opponent with some sense will try to kill the doctor

always back up away from shades and advys, and kite profs that could be trying to hotswap you

dont be afraid to bring out the old ch

perks from nano surgeon are better spent elsewhere

if you know an alpha is coming soon, cast bi so you got the temp hp
    Last edited by Hatech; May 10th, 2011 at 19:21:37.

The pistol is strong in this thread.

**What armor should be used?
    What ever fits your play style. Want more hp get something with more HP, nano skills? same thing. I would go for a balanced setup between hp/nano/nano skills but if your using AS pistols that might not be possible. But really, anything that fits into how you play will work. Its your doctor and your plays style so you will make it into something that works for you.

**What priorities are more important with perks?
    Your gonna hear this alot but whatever fits your play style. Someone already said you can perk better things then nano surgeon. I completely disagree. I find it extremely useful in pvp and enjoy the passive boost in nanoskills and such that it provides but it depends on your play sytle.

**What should I prioritize gear wise?
    We need to know what you have currently to offer you solid advice. DB armor, jathos/kegs, ofab (if your pistol) are all good choices that endgame docs use but we need something to work with to offer more advice.

**What LE Research (and procs) is higher priority/most needed?

Well i'll get back to you seeing how I am about to fall asleep so I will finish this up later. A setup would help us out alot so we can see where you stand now and what type of advice to give. I don;t want to give you advice that would benefit only melee docs and screw over a pistol one

See my setup in sig, i use a HP / AR mix - enough to get kills iin pvp while stay alive well. play with 20k HP on opifex without bi. Capping AS fairly well now.
    Enfizzle 220/30/70 Enforcer e
    Zdocta 220/30/70 Doctor e
    Nukizzle 220/26/70 NT e
    Engiz 220/30/64 Engineer e

It seems that a very effective setup is as follows:

HP/nano init focus
    AS pistol
    Use a heal you can instacast as full def (216 usually) so you don't get debuffed easily

Spam UBT, malpractice and AS.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

If you don't focus on pistol attack rating or nanoskills, I would recommend something other then aimed shot pistol. Sapphistic bow, arbalest and ofab tiger will have a more consistent aimed shot and help with the lack of regular hits and nanos countered.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatech View Post
    If you don't focus on pistol attack rating or nanoskills, I would recommend something other then aimed shot pistol. Sapphistic bow, arbalest and ofab tiger will have a more consistent aimed shot and help with the lack of regular hits and nanos countered.
    i've been thinking about switching to ofab shovel on my doc. does it really have a better as than the troll pistol?

Yes it does, but the tiger needs you to go all AS imps plus beast arm and/or a combined part to fully cap aimed shot. Aimed shot checks for max dmg mostly, because it has a really good chance of critting. I've been able to drop enfos with arbalest alone, and with a proper setup, tiger is way better.

Just a lil note.. you have to put a ql 225 tiger on to make it better then sapphistic in terms of aimed shot. A ql 200 tiger and sapphistic is about the same, only tiger has the benefit of matching dot damage type.
    Last edited by Hatech; May 13th, 2011 at 13:18:41.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=160771 My current setup (couple swaps here and there if needed).

Going mostly HP, and cast BI pretty quick even of full def. Also have AS pistol too for those lucky shots
    Nokeeper. 220/30/80 Godfather. Equip: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=161560
    Cerumen. 220/30/70 Healpole.
    Battlesuit. 219/30/xx PewPew.
    + Alt army.

And my setup, to reduce the dominance of pistolero setups in this thread.

Swap the VTS for HP HUD for PvP ofc.