Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My opinions on weapons

No offense DS, I'm aware I'm quite in a lessongiving mood atm, that I hate myself, but I sure would name people if I wanted to reply to them.

This post is meant to be sticked, so I see no place for bragging or ranting, just giving informations, then people do their choice.

Now you're true (obviously obvious proven fact), Eun's setup is not extraordinary, as it's not based on 1/1 zillion drop, but anyway, he DID it, you know that even if we (yes, I could too) could get all this stuff on our doc without having our other toons naked, not the common player can do this, and I don't think we should behave like an old gang of oldies sit on a bank under the sun with dogs on our feet and wheelchair at hand, remindind of how better it was before and how kids are stupid. I'd better see Eun post his setup, so people know what he got and decide if it's worth the try or not (infinite IPR ftw)

What pissed me about Eun's case was most that a bragging "I did it" post turned into a flame while it could just have been rooted and ppl benefit from it, and Eun replied to attacks by other attacks and nobody came to mezz the adds. You know quite well about choosing a route other people will shout at don't you ?

Now back to topic - I SWEAR I'll never talk about Eun's posts again - the MBC is a terrific weapon that really fits us, for those who don't want to buy/camp it and remain ranged the SMG is a very good option too, and it can really shine with the appropriate setup. The maths speak for themselves.

Maybe I'm a frustrated wannabe Professionnal or Moderator after all
    Last edited by Adrilan; Aug 7th, 2006 at 12:00:54.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

lol

I think nobody ever questioned his ability to do dmg.
    imho (and from my calcs) MA with dual BoB in CM is THE PvM dmg/hp setup if you have the time/creds to get the items.

Thats why i would like to ask the OP to put MA/BoB into his list.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstalker
    Thats why i would like to ask the OP to put MA/BoB into his list.
    Can't miss that for sure

/!spam Bubba post your setup please !

And tons of alts !

hehe .... Its not that MBC is bad its just not worth the camping and or buying. As for my setup ... hehe im sure with some work on Data Base you can figure it out hehe.

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

If I was any doc I woundnt ever recommend IPRing right now to do my setup anyway... Good Odds there will be a better setup in Lost Eden. Save your IPRS .... you might not be happy you didnt wait after expan. IPRs are the most valuable things in game ... Trust me I know it all too well . I have 3 Skills I need to IPR and dont have a real Dimach right now because of it .

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Bump that. Dont IPR!!

=D

Only spent a few on my doc, and, hehe, i regret it.. Im in no real danger, though. i still have over 20

<Insert witty quote here>

Blondenurse :: 220/30/67 :: doc
    Decepticon :: 220/30/70 :: adv
    Icingdeath :: 200/16/36 :: adv
    Sykebil :: 148/xx/xx :: doc
    -------------------------------------
    And many other alts

17 left here IPR wise. I'd always intended to go JAME - MBC. And I stuck to that religiously, even when Gelids looked attractive, even when I marvelled at Rolf's AS in PvP, I stuck to my guns (bad pun I know). The only thing that changed was going SMG, which I never even considered until very late in the day, luckily Burst and Fling remained the same so it was only 1 IPR in the end from HW to SMG.

We all know Lost Eden is now on the horizon, and judging by FC's past reluctance to hand out IPR, their donation of a free IPR on LE release, and potentially another a few months in says to me that they "know" LE is going to change the way we play.

For starters, those who only like casual PvP will have the option of mechs, so no need to worry about a PvP weapon, just let the mech do the talking and keep your PvM weapon on. For those into hardcore PvP it seems that there will be more opportunity to indulge, and with PvP armour and weapon rewards, who knows what snazzy new stuff is coming our way.

So, although it goes again every fibre of my being to agree with Bubba ( ) I must say his advice on "don't think about weapons just now, remain patient, let's see what LE brings" is about as sound a set of advice as I've ever heard.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Grumpy "Siorai" Oldgit - 220.25 Clan Atrox Doctor - Screenshot - Equip (old)

First trox doc on RK1 using Blades of Boltar.

My Spirit Shroud Hell - Over 1400 kills with no drop.

I am excited as well for Lost Eden .... Just as long it isnt anything like Shadowlands im going to be thrilled .

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by BigBubba
    Trust me I know it all too well . I have 3 Skills I need to IPR and dont have a real Dimach right now because of it .
    LEs complete IPR will solve that.

Dark Front
    Deathstalker Owner of Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    Brucelee2003: Hit, switch target, hit, switch target, avoid pvp. Works.
    Divine001: That's not even funny DS. You're not welcome here.
    randomletter: people with AS/SA/dimach combos are dangers to an adv while other profs are totally immune
    randomletter: You only win due to the unfair crat advantage. Namely advs have 0 experience.

Cant keep my self from drooling every time I think about it .... Full IPR .... hehe will be the second one I used on eunucha

Eunucha
    Inner Circle
    Since 2001

Updated to include BoB and my new thoughts on a piercing setup (waiting for the full IPR for it ^_^)
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Quote Originally Posted by Siorai
    ...judging by FC's past reluctance to hand out IPR, their donation of a free IPR on LE release, and potentially another a few months in says to me that they "know" LE is going to change the way we play.
    Best thought, ever.

And tons of alts !

I'm currently using dual Kyr machine pistols, a 258 type 5 in main, and a 199 in offhand. I love being able to swap the offhand with a onehander in case of pvp. And the dmg in pvm is good as well. Only problem is that it's burst cycle is a little higher, so i need RC to get it down to 9 secs. And that's with 3 pieces of CSS armor.

I used to have a smg type 5, and it's a great gun. And better than the mp's selfbuffed. Unless you're better than me at getting the burst skill up, hehe. (But at times it's great with a gf soldier )
    Froost - 220/20 doc - equip
    Liit - 213 adv
    Froztblade - 175+ kpr

Froost, I actually think you're on to something. I got a little bored so swapped some KMP's on. Nothing special yet, QL237 type 5 main hand and QL199 offhand.

Now, I have some nice energy damage kit. Commando's, Dchest, Electro gloves, MoR yadda yadda yadda, and I have towers. I was actually amazed by the damage, and I think It comes very close to the SMG. Further testing will tell me for sure.

I heard it's 1300 burst to cap 8 second burst on KMP, read that on the fixer forums I think, which means I can cap it with RC next level, and self cap it by 220 all things considered. Now, with a capped burst recharge I genuinely believe it will OD the SMG for thse with freakish DD setups (a good ammount of add energy damage really helps the offhand).

Now I'm actuall back to SKing (I'm on track to actually ding this weekend for the first time since they invented the wheel) I think I'm going to suffer with longer burst for a while and see what I can do with this setup. It cost me no IPR and I needed a change to get my interest levels back up.

Obviously then the waterfall for PvP comes into play, and I'm back to the original engame plan I posted for Sio on these boards over a year ago.

Plus, and I really consider this a big plus. KMP's look better than Kyr Bagpipes.

UPDATE:

After some serioous testing today both on aliumz and an extended period at Tiun, my enthusiasm wane's a little. Comparing it to results from my SMG at Tiun, the SMG is blowing the KMP's clean into next month, which has something to do with burst recycle, but also the higher damage bracket on an eqaul QL SMG. The extra damage from the offhand isn't high enough to offset the difference in burst recycle times.

I'm also becoming sceptical about 1300 being the burst cap on KMP's. I managed 1263 Burst today and was at 14 seconds, I can't imagine 37 burst will take 6 seconds off that.

So, I'm going to try KMP's again in the final levels, 218-220 when I can get burst higher, I still believe they'll OD an SMG once burst is capped, but until then I'm back with the bagpipes.

I'd also like to kill Bubba, as I find myself looking at my MA skill more and more and wondering just how sweet BoB's would be.......
    Last edited by Siorai; Aug 13th, 2006 at 00:13:49.

Well, after a little more use i've noticed i'm not at 9 secs with RC, but 10 secs. 13 secs self. But i'm looking into another piece of CSS, now that i'm getting more perks into Nano Combat, and that'll bring me down to 9 secs with RC. And as i've mentioned, i usually team up with my gf, so i have RC whenever i need

I love them so far, and i think i'll be sticking with them.
    Froost - 220/20 doc - equip
    Liit - 213 adv
    Froztblade - 175+ kpr

I think it seems to be 1350 Burst skill to cap 8 second burst on them (luckily my better half plays a fixer and has just swapped to them).

I do totally agree though that if you can get the burst capped or very close to, then they perform incredibly well.

Hmmm read all the thread and still it isnt clear what is the best weapon for pvm. MA + 2 BoBs, Kyr SMG, 2 kyr hammers?

Here are coming newbish questions:

BTW doc is able to self-cast last SL heal w/o arithmetic/ scout in? If doc is unable to cast last SL heal self-buffed without CM - how many pieces of arithmetic armor required to be able to?

Merc's (for MA and hammers) adds 400-450 HPs, 15 Adddeff, 10 dmg per piece, but each piece of CS gives 30 evades, 40 of 2 type inits important 4 doc , 15 alloff - what is of more importantce for doc among these boosts???
    BTW isnt it better just to equip 2 gelids, / mbc full scouts and get better chance of landed UBT than bonus dmg from Kyr smg or hammers or BoBs?

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibar View Post
    Hmmm read all the thread and still it isnt clear what is the best weapon for pvm. MA + 2 BoBs, Kyr SMG, 2 kyr hammers?
    From what I can tell through my 153ish levels and numerous hours of Doc'ing thus far, there is no "BEST" PvM weapon. To some degree it depends on a few things:

1. Breed
    I think although just about any breed can really put on any weapon, the ability to stay out of OE, and the smaller IP consumption on certain skills.

2. Personal Choice
    As a Doc you still arent going to be the DD of the team, although some BoB users may tell me that I am wrong on that one. I look forward to maybe going the BoB route at a later date, but when people post their damage printouts, im still 5th or 6th using my 160 JAME.

3. RK or SL?
    I think you know already what is meant by this. I know for JAME I see myself hitting for like 400-500 on some SL mobs, but upwards of 1.2k on RK missions.

Rimor
    Hory "Prastic" Exprosives ¤ 220 · 26 · 64 ¤ Info ¤
    Number "Nzqrc" Systems ¤ 150 · 13 · 41 ¤ Equip ¤

Quote Originally Posted by zanzibar View Post
    Define best. What level, how much IP are you willing to use? For you is PvM soloing or healing in a SK team? Buncha other questions pertain as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Define best?

Best: whatever suits your playstyle.

Since level 1, I've been 1h Edged, then Chalice, then back to 1h Edged, then 2h Edged, then Shotgun, and now preparing to go straight back to 1h Edged. All of them have been wonderful in their own way
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12