Thread: My Ranged Energy Predicament

My Ranged Energy Predicament

I recently made the decision to go for ranged energy on my doc (205 solitus)
    I started out with a type 5 pistol and an untyped. I then switched to a energy carbine, but i didn't like it, so i am currently using a QL200 kaetans supernova.
    due to the fact that the shiny RE cluster is in the head, and the bright is in the eye, this only leaves me with the faded cluster, and that really gimps my AR, not to mention my weapon is currently OE.
    i'm wondering how other RE docs cope with this, and if its worth dealing with. i planned on getting the amplified sleek cannon later on, but now i'm having second thoughts due to the lack of cluster spots for RE.

does this huge gap in weapon skill present a huge problem later on in the game? or will i be able to raise the skill enough to use the banana gun without being OE, and having a decent AR?

i've already IPRed the hell out of myself, and i dont want to hve to go for another weapon skill if i can avoid it, but i also dont want to be complete crap later on. i'm also in the process of twinking on a very large symb id ont want to have to take out and put back in later if i do IPR, so i want to make sure of things before i put it in.

thanks in advance =)

How many perks do you have in Power Up?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

err, not sure, a few, but i put my healing perks before wep ones

Equipped banana gun without problems at 212, used it for quite a few levels untill I swapped with MBC.

Bananagun does decent damage when you're xping without dotting, but recharge on specials are painfully slow.

I got bananagun since I was dead tired of my dual gelids at 212

Well..

after reading some stuff about the banana gun, i realize its not going to suffice.

so now i'm basically screwed, i'm almost completely out of IPR, my doc is my main and therefore i need him to camp/solo things for alts so he can't be gimp on damage, so i really dont know what path to take now. switching to melee would probably take too many IPRs, as would any other switch.
    maybe i should go with another RE weapon? (hell if i know what, i can't equip anything decent without a shiny/bright imp spot)

frustratedddd. help me plx?

bite the bullet and get eye with re, if you cant ipr anymore. I use atm ql250 eye w/AS/RE/MC, you'll lose out on a few things with the eye like nano init but it'll let you use a decent ql carbine. I've been using carbines for the last 5months and even through all my perk setups its still good. I dont have power up or champion perked anymore so my ql gun went from 250 to 207 but I still find it adequate.

i do use a few pieces of css though still but I have 15k self and can solo pretty much anything useful to solo. If you don't have ipr left type 5 is prob your best option for RE get the eye and maybe some supple. I havent used eye symb for along time and prob never will again so I'm sure your not gonna miss to much from it

My Setup so you can see what I'm doing(and yes I need pearl to keep gun non-oe w/o any RE perks lol). In conclusion, strap the biggest carbine you can get on non-oe and get a few more lvls and and ai perks. By 210 you should be able to get a good ql gun w/o much fuss.

Oh ya dont forget HNTA adds +12RE and Sentinel Sleeves add +7 each for a "cheaper" alternative to supple
    Last edited by mainframe; Oct 3rd, 2006 at 07:42:20.

Quote Originally Posted by mainframe View Post
    Oh ya dont forget HNTA adds +12RE and Omni-Armed Forces Sleeves add +7 each for a "cheaper" alternative to supple
    My friend Outlast here is Omni We're in the same org, so no sentinel for him. (or me...)

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos View Post
    My friend Outlast here is Omni We're in the same org, so no sentinel for him. (or me...)
    OTAF has the same mods (basically) as sentinel. =p

thanks a lot mainframe, good to know theres some RE docs out there who aren't gimped

Quote Originally Posted by Outlast View Post
    OTAF has the same mods (basically) as sentinel. =p
    I know