Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Buff Begging 101

Buff Begging 101

I'm still relatively new to this game and have just become aware of a wonderful game or sport. Yalm Poking. Here's how you do it. Go to OA/Bor (does anyone ever go to Rome?) and get in your Yalm. Now, let the buff begging begin! Find your victim and park your yalm in his chest. Next ask for all the good buffs he has, especially the ones that you have to be teamed for. Then when said victim doesn't respond immediatly or buff immediately start poking! That's right, back and forward. Then tilt your yalm down so you take up your victim's entire view. If your victim attempts to move, follow him and continue poking till he has no choice but to buff you to get rid of you. If you follow these steps, you will get all the buffs you could ever want and not have to give any in return since you are in a yalm and can't give buffs!!!

One small request: please at least have the NCU available for what you are asking for. Common example here:
    [IKill4Jesus]: Neco, gsf hot ^^
    ...something like your target doesnt have enough NCU remaining
    [Necosileo]: you need NCU
    [IKill4Jesus]: no thanks
    [Necosileo]: okay....
    few minutes go by
    [IKill4Jesus]: gsf hot?
    [Necosileo]: you need NCU
    [IKill4Jesus]: no, just gsf and a hot
    [Necosileo]: You are a true Gem. A diamond in the rough.
    [IKill4Jesus]: huh?
    [Necosileo]: Do you want me to dig up some low @$$ speed buffs and hots or are you gonna clear some damn NCU???
    [IKill4Jesus]: Oh sorry, can I have ncu?
    Necosileo screams and pulls his hair out.

K, I may have gone a little overboard, but you get the point.

Although this dramatization is based on a sad, but very frequent true storry, IKill4Jesus is a fictional charactar, Copyrighted by Bubbacrush the Immortal in a flame war.
    Last edited by NecoSileoRK2; Jul 11th, 2005 at 19:23:47.
    Necosileo, Pimpin Kingpin of Rimor
    Retired President of Alpha Omega

Buff Begging 101
    All your thread are belong to me

Yeah, parking your yalm inside someone's chest is so much easier than trying to find the kickstand.

ROFL Neco

Oh do kodiaks count to??? Well atleast I can foot poke! :-P

1) i also recommend spamming OOC channels with

[OT OOC] Begger: can anyone spare some creds plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

2) repeatedly opening trade windows with you

3) and /telling everyone in town a hard luck story about how your dog just died.
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

My Kodaik is outta gas and I need it to go do an ubah mission, but I don't have credz for the mission or gas and I have to donate for buffs from Neco cuz I have been running over his foot for hours and he just keeps walking away and my dog ate a bad leet so he made potty on my new armor so I need to buy better armor cuz it stained and I am unable to comprehend how to make my own money so CREDZ NOW PLEZ

<looks for first victim for my sob story!>

LOL and squirting tears. How sad, Kleptic.

Buff Begging 101

Quote Originally Posted by Khailea
    Yeah, parking your yalm inside someone's chest is so much easier than trying to find the kickstand.
    WERD!

LOL

Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

LOL, Id just like to add that not everyone has a yalm,but jumping up and down seems to help alot when begging buffs ,too.

Don't forgit mass /em wave

Appendix A

Buff Begging in Kodiaks

Stand very close to the person you are asking for a buff. Those who use First Person View like myself won't see you right away. We will then look all over in the sky and behind ourselves assuming you are in a yalm or using the very popular tactic of standing behind the person you are begging from. Now here is the fun part: You can jump repeatedly too. If you are close to the person like stated above, they won't see you jumping either. After making them look really silly, you are then welcome to say, "Hey, down here in the car." Now here is where it gets really tricky. Park your car on his heels so even when he looks down he can't see you. Oh, and don't bother backing up so you can be seen, oh no! That's not your job. After all, we are here to service you. We will back up and look around eventually. After the buff is given, it is customary to beg for credz as well. After all, you are in a car. A person of your talents should obviously be Yalm Poking.

Appendix B

Fgrid Begging

I know, fixers are hard to find. After all, there are usually only 10-20 of us in OA at any given time. So please feel free to find yourself a fixer on the OA hill who is flagged and chasing omni to ask for an fgrid. (This works well with hacking and imp cleaning too.) After sending multiple invites, the fixer will eventually give in and join your team for fgrid. At this point, let him give you the fgrid. Only after the fgrid is given do you ask for gsf. This way he only has about 3 seconds to give you gsf inbetween the time is fgrid nano decharge(about 3 seconds) and the time you have to use the fgrid(about 5 seconds). There, you now have your gsf and fgrid! Now run to the grid. Oopsey! hmm looks like you didn't make it Don't worry, come try again. Get your yalm ready, here's your buff, gl. Huh? You still didn't make it? Well that silly fixer should have known you aren't fast enough! He should have taken you to the grid then given you fgrid. You know, he should follow you around wherever you go. He could be your taxi/buffwhore/hacker!!!
    WTS Fixer pet PST.

Disclaimer: The above statements are made in gest; purely tongue in cheek. The above examples are dramatizations of actual events, yet they are put here for everyones enjoyment and my own laughter. These situations are not the product of fr00bs, but ignorant people. Please do not hate a fr00b today because of my posts. LMAO

Buff Begging 101

WTB Braclet of Enlarging Kodiak!!!!

Neco you crack me up!! ^5

WTB sticky in the newcomers and game mechanics forum.

Buff Begging 101

hotrunncuplzkthxbye
    Maybe you can only be young once, but you can be immature forever.

gsf/hot/NR/rrfe|dmg shield/AT/MoP/Team HP/Behemoth/Wolf Form/CS/et cetera et cetera, if you don't like to buff others go make a keeper or shade, there's no excuse for whining about people wanting to rock the buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clairemonet
    gsf/hot/NR/rrfe|dmg shield/AT/MoP/Team HP/Behemoth/Wolf Form/CS/et cetera et cetera, if you don't like to buff others go make a keeper or shade, there's no excuse for whining about people wanting to rock the buffs.
    LOL, I'm not whining about people who want buffs. In fact I often hang out at the hill or grid just to give buffs. I'm just trying to have a little fun in sharing some of my experiences. Those who laugh with me have probly had the same experiences. Those who flame this thread clearly aren't paying attention. Try reading a little more carefuly. Kthxdye.

Buff Begging 101

ya it was funny about 2 or 3 years agoooooooooo, the humour is well worn out, and not worth mentioning...now if you talk about the free account people who go around annoying old schoolers, resulting in guild chat looking like "gd freeking newbies asking me for 5m" that is slightly less worn and more funny

Quote Originally Posted by Clairemonet
    ya it was funny about 2 or 3 years agoooooooooo, the humour is well worn out, and not worth mentioning...now if you talk about the free account people who go around annoying old schoolers, resulting in guild chat looking like "gd freeking newbies asking me for 5m" that is slightly less worn and more funny
    hah, you stole my thought

annoying people, and 'messing' with them, really is the best way to get on somones good side, dont you think?

really dumb thread

This thread rulez btw.

Here is something humourus:

What is brown and sticky?

A STICK

{Edited by Corwynn - removed the unneccesary space and huge font}
    Last edited by Corwynn; Jul 21st, 2006 at 23:45:52.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

LOL. You are a gem Obtena.

This really surprises me for some reason. I start a thread that I thought would just be fun, and yet there are still people who try to tear it down and attack me for it. Lighten up people. This one was just for fun. Seek drama on the other thousand threads in Life on Rimor. You'll find none here.
    Last edited by NecoSileoRK2; Jun 27th, 2005 at 21:22:11.

Buff Begging 101

Hilarious stuff neko.....let teh haters hate. It's teh only thing they good at apparently

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast