Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Poll: favorite enforcer weapon(s)

Question Poll: favorite enforcer weapon(s)

Help a Noob!!

1) hammers and support beams (support beams are atrox only)

the #2 choice is rider executioners dual wield.

That makes up 80-90% of the enforcer population.

Most studies have shown hammers to be superior , but not by a lot.

In pvp 2hb is the way to go imho.

I am biased btw so lets see what someone else says.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Beamers the true Enforcer weapon.

(I use 2H edged myself.... Don't ask why)
    Last edited by Skybert; Dec 13th, 2001 at 16:10:29.

Talking

2HB Spoon.

YES IT'S A SPPOOOOON !!!!
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Talking

Where do I get the Spoon?! I must have the Spoon!!!

Cool

I use Riders, but I am seeing a buddy of mine repeatedly crit for 2500-3000 with his beam. I am considering changing over to 2hb.
    O b i t u s Atrox Clan Enforcer My trade skill? Smackin' stuff till it cries! Obi's Rig
    Unit Memer of S t o r m

Never Forget

Weapons confuse me.

I use dual weild 1hb as that is how I started developing my character initially.

My current weapon is the ql 100 torch at level 59. It can take out a light orange, but I have to go mongo, which I hate due to the post fight wait for return of nano.

From reading posts here, my weapon is relatively ineffective compared to the 2hb.

Where did I go wrong?

1. Logic tells me that the enforcer should use a weapon with high 1hb or 2 hb skills as he can buff this skill with implants, general buff, headcracker and challenger line. So you can raise this skill about 100 or so over baseline to equip a higher level weapon.

2. Sneak attack- unnecessary- Atrox don't sneak

3. Fast attack -yes

4. Brawl- absolutely. This would be ideal to have a weapon with high brawl requirements, but the torch is only average in this regard. Is this my downfall, do the 2hb weapons have higher brawl requirements.

5. Melee energy- would totally waste the 1hb buffs as this would determine the level of you weapon and be expensive. You would have 1hb about 100 or so points higher than needed for the weapon you equip-waste.

6. Speed - torches are slow, but I didn't find the faster maces or baseball bats to be anymore effective. I, infact, switched to torches from them because of this and the sneak attack requirement which was a waste.

My point, based on logic, my weapon should be perfect for my character. It maximizes things I can buff, with no wasted IP on attacks I don't need. It is slow, but really it should hit hard. The only thing you could do to make it better would be to increase the brawl weighting. This argument also works for the 2h blunt pathway.

So why does my weapon suck, where did I go wrong. Or perhaps I did not go wrong at all and Funcom is to blame for an imbalanced weapon system creation and the only way to equip a good weapon is luck or trial and error over logic.

One final point, I could understand that beams and such, which are mission rewards, might be special type weapons which are more optimal for us, fine. But what are the 1hb options for those of use who have chosen this path since day 1?

Originally posted by Gummizluv
    2HB Spoon.

YES IT'S A SPPOOOOON !!!!
    "do not try to bend the spoon. It is impossible. Instead, try to realize, there is no spoon."
    (spoon-bending boy in the Matrix)

Originally posted by Skybert
    "do not try to bend the spoon. It is impossible. Instead, try to realize, there is no spoon."
    (spoon-bending boy in the Matrix)
    What do you mean ? It's a trick to steal my spoon ? I know I have a spoon. And no way I'm gonna bind it either.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

My current weapon is the ql 100 torch at level 59. It can take out a light orange, but I have to go mongo, which I hate due to the post fight wait for return of nano.
    Something is wrong here, I agree

You are L59? My advent is 55 (56?) now.

He has 2x 68 riders, self equipped. I can take oranges with almost no issue (50% of the time I don't even need to heal), and sometimes 2 oranges depending on the type (not scoops/shovelets) although it is really close, and I use heals.
    I don't have a lot of HP (1200?). My ACs sucks (1200?).

Unfortunately it looks like 1hblunt is largely ineffective at higher levels, from what I've seen in this forum :-/
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Hammer: the solitus choice?

Since Nyneve is a solitus enforcer, beams are I guess not an option for her. She is currently heading down the "slegdehammer" path, and being a L13 enforcer with L30 implants, she can just slaughter her way through 100% missions at her current level.

My question is, will the hammer be enough for her in the long term? Evidently the beam is so good that there is no question of the 2hb superiority for atroxes, but how much worse than the beam is the hammer? Nyneve feels that the compensation of actually having a gender is worth some degree of inferiority to Atroxes in combat results, but if the hammer eventually stops being useful, perhaps 2x 1hb would be better in the long run, or even blades? Of course, Nyneve looks so cool swinging that hammer after a perfectly timed /ballet or with a graceful leap at the moment of the swing that she would be happy to use hammers forever if they just don't peter out at some high QL.

-Strycker NT 63 for
    Nyneve Enf 13

You know, to be honest.. against a player with good Duck-Exp, if you dont crit with your beam.. there isn't much difference.

Now. If you raise both duck, and evade to the same levels, you will have the same chance to crit with your hammer or beam on them.

I would say there's not *much* difference. Beams crit big. but they dont crit MORE. They only crit MORE because a lot of people dont pay much attention to duck-exp.

I think.

The other problem with beams is getting one in the first page. I'm lvl 68 and have never seen one offered for a mission (and I'm a habitual mission terminal camper with RSI *g*) nor have I found one.

You can't buy them in shops so unless you have buddies or guild mates with one then your chances of getting one are slim.

Because they are so rare they rarely get sold and when they do its for a premium price.

i have two beams right now, ql 68-76 i think, that i got from missions in the past weak.

i can't use them 'cause i'm a solie. i'm hanging on to them in case i make an attrox enf someday, or til i find a good enf that needs them. most of the ones i know that are into hammers can't switch out to beams because of all the buffing they use to get their hammers in.

i've been camping mission terms lately trying to outfit the less fortunate ppl in my guild with low ql sempai coats. beams are a lot rarer than coats, but they are out there as mission items.

Talking 2HE!!

2 Handed Edge are the way to go!
    I use an Obtuse Peasant Warblade or some such big sharp metal thingy. Anyway Important thing is: it uses 2HE, brawl and Dimach it got good speed and good dmg... Best of both world (slow and painful VS quick and gentle).

Re: Hammer: the solitus choice?

Originally posted by Strycker
    Since Nyneve is a solitus enforcer, beams are I guess not an option for her. She is currently heading down the "slegdehammer" path, and being a L13 enforcer with L30 implants, she can just slaughter her way through 100% missions at her current level.

My question is, will the hammer be enough for her in the long term? Evidently the beam is so good that there is no question of the 2hb superiority for atroxes, but how much worse than the beam is the hammer? Nyneve feels that the compensation of actually having a gender is worth some degree of inferiority to Atroxes in combat results, but if the hammer eventually stops being useful, perhaps 2x 1hb would be better in the long run, or even blades? Of course, Nyneve looks so cool swinging that hammer after a perfectly timed /ballet or with a graceful leap at the moment of the swing that she would be happy to use hammers forever if they just don't peter out at some high QL.

-Strycker NT 63 for
    Nyneve Enf 13
    Q200 hammer crits for 2900 or so
    Q200 beam crits for 3500 or so

Hammer is good enough (esp with VS on you) but beams are superior at high end. Sorry that you cant use them
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

A New Take (Or Old)

You can check out the thread I started 'Watermite's Bogus Journey' for an honest take on how I see things.

In all seriousness, barring the spoon, hammers and beams, followed by Riders. There are some 2-handed edge wack-monkeys out there, but don't feed them. They bite.

I've found a mere handful of beams in my time, it usually involved a long camp at the mission terminal. The reward, though, is often worth the extra time.

Question Re: A New Take (Or Old)

Originally posted by Watermite
    In all seriousness, barring the spoon, hammers and beams, followed by Riders.
    I'm confused.

You seems to point a difference between da spoon and da hammer ?

Re: Re: Hammer: the solitus choice?

Originally posted by Yazule

Q200 hammer crits for 2900 or so
    Q200 beam crits for 3500 or so

Hammer is good enough (esp with VS on you) but beams are superior at high end. Sorry that you cant use them
    dangit, i want a 2x4 or maybe even just a good fence post.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast