Thread: Sneak attack, the forgotten ability

Question Sneak attack, the forgotten ability

Okay, can ANYONE report of using sneak attack after lvl 50 against monsters?

Can anyone with high sneak attack report damages done?

Does anyone HAVE a high sneak attack?

Last time I've been able to use sneak attack was at low 40s, even then it was a once every few hours thing since just about anything still gave the can-see-you-can't-sneak-attack line even if they didn't aggro on me.

I think it once did about 30% more dam than a normal hit... but I figure it was just a critical hit.

Wink That reminds me of an old adage..

Don't bring a knife to a gunfight
    Spindok, OT Bureaucrat

You are lucky to be one of us, Omni-Tek protects!

Sounds kinda stupid doesn't it "The monster is aware of your presence" lol. If it's aware of me why the hell doesn't it slap me one already?

It sounds like sneak attack is every bit as bugged as aimed shot.

So I'll explain how it goes with aimed shot, maybe this will help you.

First of all, you have to be in hide mode, of course. Secondly, if the mob is already aggroed on you, it won't work. Third, if you are in a group, it probably won't work.

Aimed shot rarely works for me when I'm grouped.

Fourth, you have to have high concealment to get it to work.

And lastly, sometimes it just doesn't work at all for no apparent reason. Funcom has purposely broken concealment to make it so we can't sneak through missions. The end result is that with concealment messed up, aimed shot often doesn't work for no apparent reason.

Here's a screenshot to illustrate this:

http://web3.foxinternet.net/stark/aimedshot.jpg

So, it's no surprise that sneak attack is just as messed up as aimed shot, since they both apparently work the same.

Post Agreed....

And you can add Bow Special to that list too...

WTH does Bow Special do?

Pretty sure SA and AS act the same way. Seems that "Damage bonus" is actually just 2x damage.

(which is what I have observed from hitting leets)