Thread: MRR QL Question

MRR QL Question

Ok so we know that disks/PPPE for the MRR all have fixed QL levels but does anyone know if the QL of the MRR used has any relevance to the operation?

i.e. If you combine a QL60 Armour PPPE with a QL60 MRR can you only do up to and around QL60 armour or can you do the any QL?

(no I dont have the armour PPPE)

Appreciate any info
    Last edited by Warlock; Jul 21st, 2002 at 10:39:08.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Warlock, I believe the QL of the MRR determines the max ql armor you can make. I created a QL 3 MRR for improving thrusting weapons just to test it out and people told me it was worthless. I did try it on a ql 5 stun baton and no go.

~Tatsu

Thanks Tatsu,

I got loads of disks for crushing, thrusting and slashing but the only ones I've built I used an MRR os the same QL as the disk. Had a bad feeling that they wouldnt work on any higher stuff.

I really wish the QL system worked the same way for everything in the game (i.e. you need the same or similar QL parts for an items constructions), the fact the disks/PPPE only come in one QL potentially means a player could 'waste' a very rare armour PPPE by using it on a QL60 MRR and only being able to make 25% (ish) of the armour he could have it hed realised he could combine it with a QL200 MRR and make the damn lot.

Post MRRs and QL...

I've built MRRs for Thrusting, Slashing and Crushing weapons. I can improve QL100+ weapons with a QL20 MRR, strangely enough.

Of course, the Slashing category holds the majority of weapons improvable by MRRs, so I bought a Ql120 of that one. No noticeable difference in the level of improvement.

It's been a while since I improved weapons (don't use the MRRs much, not the profitable venture I had hoped they would be), so this may have changed in later patches.
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

Re: MRRs and QL...

Originally posted by Kzak
    I've built MRRs for Thrusting, Slashing and Crushing weapons. I can improve QL100+ weapons with a QL20 MRR, strangely enough.

Of course, the Slashing category holds the majority of weapons improvable by MRRs, so I bought a Ql120 of that one. No noticeable difference in the level of improvement.

It's been a while since I improved weapons (don't use the MRRs much, not the profitable venture I had hoped they would be), so this may have changed in later patches.
    */me Bows to Kzak* I stand corrected. It doesn't seem to matter what QL MRR you have. Only weaponsmithing in the case of improving weapons. I apologize for my false information earlier. (That's what I get for listening to someone else without trying it first.)

~Tatsu

are u saying that if I ever find a Soft/Hard Armor PPPE I can combine this with a QL1 MRR????

Hmm... if I got hold of a PPPE for armor-creation, I wouldn't put it into a QL 1 MMR. What if Funcom decided to change the requirements for building armor in one later patch? I'd go for a QL180+ MRR, even if it costs literally millions to buy one, just to be on the safe side. Better safe than sorry.

Especially considering the PPPEs are so ultra-rare and/or ultra-expensive.

Why, Funcom? Why?
    -Ward 'Kzak' Hereda, Clan L220, AL15 'Competent' Supreme Creator on Rubi-Ka 1. Equipment setup.

Life is like a box of chocolates. Except, you know, the brown stuff in the box? That's not chocolate.

Doing his part to make the world a more interesting place since December 2001.. but not any more. Account cancelled, playable until 2006-11-13 19:25:49. See you in Age of Conan!

I'll do some testing with my weapons MRR's when I get some time as I built them with the same QL as the disk (got loads of disks so if the QL of the bot needs to be higher its not a major biggie (except for the cash) to make another one)

But unless the armour PPPE's become 'less rare' you really cant afford to risk it like Kzak said. Be interesting to know what QL MRR to people currently making armour used......

Having said that seems stupid that the disks/PPPE only come in a single QL if the QL of the bot _does_ matter (i.e its completely contradictory to the way everything else implants/mauser/sealed weapons(ish) work)

Talking

I bought a dozen 200 MRRs awhile ago.

Sold two to an engy for more than I paid then again my CL was maxed back then too.

I'd play it safe too, find a 190+ MRR.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Ok I am a 50 Engineer, I have all trades maxed, I managed to acquire a PPPE(Shape Hard Armor) and yes I ma excited. I have decided Iwill wait however long it takes to combine this PPPE with a minimum QL 195 MRR. Questions is this, is there a skill check for the combination of the PPPE with the MRR? If so what is the formula approximation for that skill check?

Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by zircote
    Ok I am a 50 Engineer, I have all trades maxed, I managed to acquire a PPPE(Shape Hard Armor) and yes I ma excited. I have decided Iwill wait however long it takes to combine this PPPE with a minimum QL 195 MRR. Questions is this, is there a skill check for the combination of the PPPE with the MRR? If so what is the formula approximation for that skill check?

Thank you in advance.
    Buy a QL195+ MRR and try to combine it, then you will see the the skills required Did u loot that thing from a boss? What QL was the other items in the boss loot...

Was a QL 62 mission, my wife (51 Enforcer) and myself on a team mission pulled it from the boss loot.

Arrow

Combining "Shape Hard Armor" with a 200 MRR takes 500 in 3 or 4 skills.

Nanoprog, Elect Eng and something else I can't rem, maybe 2 other skills.

Just find a trustworthy higher level to do it for you. I know some decent people capable of that offhand, even though they're smelly clanners
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

I can also help you out, I have about 600 skillpoints in every tradeskill (except pharma and chemistry)...

If you don't want me (omni) to do it you have to find an engineer at level 110+ with maxed skills or a trader around level 80+ perhaps... traders are much better at this, can't figure out why, but they are...

I thank you both for your offers of assiistance, however I am on Dimension 2 but thank you again.

I shouldn't be much longer before I get in the 80's at which time I am certain an agent friend of mine can get me Maestro's. Perhaps that will be enough to get it done and if not I can just wait a little while longer.
    Last edited by Laptop; Jul 26th, 2002 at 17:53:30.