Thread: cant get scroll wheel working ingame

Question cant get scroll wheel working ingame

I have a logitech duel optical wheel mouse but for the life of me in unable to get the darn scroll wheel to work ingame with the status type windows on the right side of the screen, but in other programs like MS explorer etc it works like a charm

windowsME
    Logitech 2 Optical mouse
    with Universal mouse scroll setting

btw this is a new OS install, bought a 80gb drive and reinstalled the OS, vid card drivers , rat drivers, sound card drivers,
    "You eat the Bronto Burger, I want a taco !"

Guild Storm

Formula44 Fixer
    Fishtaco Engineer NEW NAME is Craftwoman
    Americanpie Agent - Retired
    proctology Doctor
    formula Bureaucrat
    Account Created 2001-06-27 15:29:57

I'm having the exact same problems with windows XP.

I have a logitech mouse and the same problem if full screen mode, however if I play in window mode it works fine.

Hi,

I had same problem with logitech scroll in game till i upgraded to the latest logitech drivers : 9.61

Works now

windows 2000

Quick fix

go to mouse propperites, goto "buttons"....choose "1 line" instead of 3
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

Oh this is so great! I have the same problem and the same exact setup as fishtaco. I usually have to reboot to get it to work, glad that is over. well, if the fixes work that is.
    • Shenhiroko: Martial Artist: RK1-OmniTek: Entropy Dawn Org
    • Codewitch: Nano Technician: RK1-Clan
    Main Profession: Explorer of Rubi-Ka
    Latest News:My NT is dual wielding Leet dolls until I can find Fazeka Crystal...Phear the Leets!

didn't work for me

Ok...try downloading the mouse reg fil for gamers

here

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?pa...8&languageid=1
    "We are jolly green giants...walking the planet...with guns"

Stormhat"Warcriminal" Lotto

General of Ragnarok

Master of 80 sec survival

"Valhalla or Reclaim!!"

That makes it work, kinda. Wheel as much as I want it goes 1 inventory spot every once in awhile. Not playable but it's moving.

I did a restart and it works great!

Warcriminal rules!

Logitech mouseware

Alternatively, uninstall mouseware completely and let system set it as a default 3 button Mouse. Worked for me
    You know when you have been in the Shadowlands too long when you forget about Whompahs and the Grid and run everywhere

Talking logitech mouse problem

I have a similar setup, what I had to do to get the wheel working properly was to download the 9.73 release of the drivers. The 9.75 drivers are out now I have not tried them as of yet; however they should work just fine.
    Azrek of Tir
    "Success is the ability to out run failure"

Can I say how impressed I am with the dual function of the scroll wheel in AO!

1. Allows you to scroll through your chat window and inventory + options.

2. whilst using the scroll wheel, it affects the drawing of any buffs on screen.

Try it, go up to an MA with any kind of buff on his hands, Energised fists etc, and move your scroll wheel up and down.

My mousewheel works in windowed mode but not in fullscreen.. thats why I play in windowed.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Removing mouseware did the trick for me. Thanks a MILLION imhotep (nice name btw). I can't believe I didn't figure that one out on my own. Guess that'll learn me to install any bull**** proprietary software for peripherals aside from drivers, eh?
    Randome. Proud General of Link Dead, a mercenary organization. Available for assistance with blitzing, raiding, tower defense, etc. Send a tell to any of our members for more info.

It's nothing new about logitech has problems with mousewheel in games. In many years they have used a wheelfix file for games, but later versions of mouseware helps I think. Dont have any trouble on my mx500.
    - Turbanpepsi 220 Omni Enforcer