Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Guide to the Alien Playfields

I would like to point out that the token/cash items give you a choice between 10 tokens, or 4 mil.

Also, if you get all 3 data cores from these playfields, you get the sector 42 key, which, not only lets you get into sector 42, but you can right click it from anywhere in Andromeda, as long as you are not in a fight, and it takes you to the zone in place in apf. Meaning you can skip the shuttle. :-)

(there is no time delay on how often you can use this handy teleport.)
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Great stuff
    Hey ? ! Where did my signature go. . . ?

Talking Super Sweet Guide!

Super Sweet Guide! Great for experienced Players, & great learning Guide for newer Players. Bumpity, Bump for this Baby!
    "I want you to tell me your Story & you know the one I seek. It's that one special Tale that no one else will let you share; the one that whispers to you in your dreams...& haunts your every waking moment." ~ Trusoul

Wow..here I am a paid member and I cannot use the Alien Playfields because:
    1. I dont have 3 keys to enter the elevator
    2. I am not on a team..and
    3. I am only at level 26 LOL!
    Guess I will downgrade to freebie since I cant use this feature. I do use Shadow Lands but the others I guess are worthless to me.
    Very Disappointed..

Quote Originally Posted by Eveali View Post
    Guess I will downgrade to freebie since I cant use this feature. I do use Shadow Lands but the others I guess are worthless to me.
    Very Disappointed..
    better just quit, even if you restart as a froob you'll still be denied access to Inner Sanctum for being too low level

Quote Originally Posted by Eveali View Post
    Very Disappointed..
    APF is a tiny part of this game, accessible later on. At your level you can do alien raids and LE missions(if you have LE ofc)

Alien Invasion didn't so much add content as add items really. And more perks of course.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

My only question would be at what level can I do this? Is the AI expansion for high level characters only?
    Atlantean Omni

Quote Originally Posted by trigeminal View Post
    My only question would be at what level can I do this? Is the AI expansion for high level characters only?
    Org city raids can be done at any level, but they are a lot more challenging at low levels (below L80-90) because of certain badly balanced mechanisms. And, obviously, you need an org with a city to do such raids.

Mothership (LE expansion) missions are also available at any level, as long as you are teamed, but the end bosses may be very hard or impossible to defeat at lower levels.

In the L100-150 range you have access to Sector 10, a team-oriented alien playfield with repeatable(?) quests and several end-bosses to defeat, but it's, for the most part, pretty much owned by solo fixer farm twinks...

Above L185 you have access to the high level alien sectors, which are instanced single/multi-team playfields with a repeatable quest and one or more end bosses to defeat.

There is a low level (below L100, I think) alien playfield in the making, and there also will be alien-themed daily missions some time in the future.

Some more info on AI in general:
    AO Universe: Alien Invasion Guides (Sector 10 is only poorly covered)
    AOU Guide on Mothership Missions
    Last edited by Honorbound; Aug 9th, 2010 at 17:45:47.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123