Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide to the Alien Playfields

Quote Originally Posted by Mochy
    Ai Ai.. great guide. Next time I am there I won't feel as much the confused clown.

The items drop off of generals and can be turned in to the Omni-Tek Observer or the Clan Liaison by the bar in middle level of the new playfield for either tokens or credits...

Are we talking token amount of credits here, so real tokens are a better deal (unless uou have the top board of course)?
    I'm not exactly sure on the exact amount of money recieved (largely due to the fact that i never bothered to keep track of it), but I know that the majority of people take the tokens because you only get around 500k-4mil ~ish from one of the items. The token gain is much better to most people (including me). But if anyone can find out those exact numbers I'll be sure to put them in the guide.
    Turk021 218/Backer Martial Artist eqp
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor
    Turk007 204/Student Agent
    Illstabyou 187/Amateur Shade

Visit my Alien Playfield Guide

bump for a great guide
    Aapenf-214/18 enf.
    Aapshade-180/8 shade.
    Aapma-158/5 MA.
    Aapmp-132/4 MP.
    Aapadv-130/3 Adv.
    Aapkeeper 121/3 Keeper.

Omni 4-evah

updated guide to include the upgrade for the vektor shotgun. Thanks Areola
    Turk021 218/Backer Martial Artist eqp
    Docktard 209/Able Doctor
    Turk007 204/Student Agent
    Illstabyou 187/Amateur Shade

Visit my Alien Playfield Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Turk021
    Once they are all dead, click on the Biological Transceiver to recieve a nano cast in ur NCU (needs 10 free ncu).
    Could you plz add that you have to have yourself targeted when using the Bio Transceiver ?

also note that sector 13 can lock up on addspawning even after boss is dead. we killed boss then kept killing adds (one about every 3 seconds) and we still got swarmed, when last one died there was 50-60 adds and they was still spawning, about 4-5 min after boss death
    The ghost of forgotten wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxgorm
    also note that sector 13 can lock up on addspawning even after boss is dead. we killed boss then kept killing adds (one about every 3 seconds) and we still got swarmed, when last one died there was 50-60 adds and they was still spawning, about 4-5 min after boss death
    Sounds like you didn't kill the right adds first .

Quote Originally Posted by Myga
    Sounds like you didn't kill the right adds first .
    all vectors and suports was dead.
    The ghost of forgotten wars.

Hmm, what does this do...
    "Don't get stuck in the goo on the ground, thus becoming the first in line and alone for ambushes". That's good tip I missed....

Excellent work !

I was considering upgrading to AI but after reading I see you can only enter
    the alien playfields at certain times. Well....that would certainly keep me from getting much time in the game as I do work full time and run a homefront along with all upkeep of said.

I hope I misunderstood the concept here.

What level?

Really helpful guide since I just upgraded to Ai and had no clue how to find the aliens!

One thing I didn't see though is level - what level should you try these playfields? Is one higher levels than another? And can they be solo'd or do you have to have a team?

I think the playfields open up at 180? But it's a raid zone, so the way to do it is to join the bot for your side/server and join a raid when the gates open.

Quote Originally Posted by Armedeus1
    Excellent work !

I was considering upgrading to AI but after reading I see you can only enter
    the alien playfields at certain times. Well....that would certainly keep me from getting much time in the game as I do work full time and run a homefront along with all upkeep of said.

I hope I misunderstood the concept here.
    Yes, the gates are only open for 10 minutes at a time. Basically, you have 24 weekly APF raids to choose from, since the gates are open every 7 hours. Occasional downtimes cause a little mixup on this so you can't set in stone "APF 10pm every saturday" for example.

You just need to find a bot with the APF gate timer function.

It sure would be nice if there were good places like this for lowbies to get in on the alien butt whooping action. Even with the various raids different orgs hold, we all cut off from alien experience from the time we leave newbie island until well past lvl 100. That's just wrong any way ya slice it.

can someone tell me what's up with the omnicom bot thingy? I dont seem to understand how it works.

Is it an org, that does all this, distributing point, collecting all the really good loot? etc... if thats the case it sounds alittle selfish. but if not, then I am mistaken and would like to know how it works. someone PM me with some answers pls?

Talking How do one get the elevator to function?

Yeah.. _Really_ new to AI... Ive been down there a cuple of times, but I get ths response when I try to get the elevator to open: "You can't figure out how to use this advanced device.".

Do one need to be over lvl 150 and have all the 3 AI Tech perks? Or do one have to complete Unckle Bassits quest first? Or does one have to be over lvl 190?
    I`m only lvl 133 now, and I know it pure suicide to go down, hehe... But Ailiens are funny, and I`m not in an org, no city to get raids in... So I can`t wait to get down there!

Kindly regards from the smiling adv

You need to be at least 180 to enter the playfield.

Personally I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get there at 182 (my level at the moment), since I'd likely have problems getting a team.

Quote Originally Posted by deccan
    You need to be at least 180 to enter the playfield.

Personally I'm wondering if it's worth trying to get there at 182 (my level at the moment), since I'd likely have problems getting a team.
    Well, it depends a bit on profession. Melee classes will have a harder time on lower levels, but if you just hang around, eventually you'll end up in a pickup team most of the time. Getting any axp may be a pain, though.

Question

nice guide.. now I know what to get from APF

edited:

will the new APF, the 42 get a guide too?
    Last edited by Aerya; Jun 25th, 2006 at 17:14:47.
    Hikari "Aerya" Hirano (Level 220 AI 30 LE 70) Number of Invaders killed: 108121 [Equipment]
    Squad Commander of First Order (retired)
    OT-Reform Officer

"Remember, Bigman, it is easy "protect society" by executing a criminal, but that will not bring back his victims. If one can cure him instead and use him to make life better and brighter for that society, how much more has been accomplished!"
    I.Asimov

This is OT-Reform way.
    We do not KILL people... We PROCESS them

Well, Turk ebayed a while back, so not from him anyway
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast