Before you all turn on the flame-throwers and try to kill me... how about you set it up a movelog for characters, 1 time thing, kinda the way EQ did, and have Rubi-Ka 1 is a server with current overequipping rules, and Rubi-Ka 2 is a server with the 12.6 idea, when you're not good enough to use it, you can't use it... or perhaps scale it's strength down to an item of the QL you could use with the stats you have... then drastically lower the MOB strength to where it's balanced...

Or perhaps set up another server that way... I guarantee most (if not all) roleplayers would flock to ye' ole' non-overequipping... it's like the PvP vs. Blubie server argument in EQ, there's 2 types of gamers... in AO, I see the same thing. Would I be willing to move to a server like that and have all my gear reduced to my QL? Yep. Would others? Who knows... it's an idea.

Oh, and another idea I had.... why not get rid of QL entirely...

Make damage and what not dependent on your current skill value... trader buffs would still be useful, just not AS useful... and then every group would want a trader... introduce new lines of equipment that require certain stats to have equipped AT ALL, and if you don't meet those requirements, then it de-equips... so it's a tiered system, based on skills... not on overequipping. Does it still pay to do the implant shuffle? Heck yeah, if every skill point translates into damage, well, then you've got it made there...

Would that be utter hell to do? Much like the idea earlier on in this post, um, yes. Yes it would. But it might have merit.

Anyway, before you people go berserk and tell me I'm a moron and that my ideas have no merit or any other random attack on my person, keep in mind, they're just ideas. I don't even necessarily agree with them... just get the juices flowing in a new direction since we all seem to just butt heads on our current ideas.

-Nietya

/me dons the flame-retardant suit

/whisper Bring it on, suckahs