Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taunt tools...

Great guide that misses the 2 new taunt tools from the Scheol quests, 1st one from the Scientists quest:

Ephemeral Annoyance: http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp...=263255&QL=120

And the slightly better one that drops from the Yuttos quest.

http://aomainframe.info/showitem.asp...54&HiID=263255

Actually, the main Enfo guide misses these as well.
    Sawbones2 220/22 NM Doc, General of Pantheon
    Rootntootm 220/25 Soli Crat
    Rockmsockm 212/19 Trox Enfo
    Swaptioneer 175/13 Opi Tradah
    Sliderule 134/11 Soli Engie

Updated the OP; it's a shame that ephemeral Annoyance is pretty worthless though

Enjoying RK4

STATUS OF SKY: Not Falling

Gimp is a state of mind, nerfest is a state of being.

Also doesn't take note of the Improved Mongo Crush or Ice Burn with its taunt proc.
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

¸,ø¤º°°º¤ø,¸,ø¤º°`¦°º¤ø,¸ tradalotrox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    Updated the OP; it's a shame that ephemeral Annoyance is pretty worthless though
    Hehe not really :P. Same stats as jealousy augmented but really low psych req to use it. That is if it works the same as the jeal augmented one.

edit: erf 10 sec recharge instead of 6 but still nice imo if you don't want to spend any ip in psych.

edit: mm nvm pretty much useless as less taunt/min than Codex of the Insulting Emerto
    Last edited by tradalotrox; Feb 26th, 2008 at 15:11:58.
    Tiger Claw | Critical Mass
    Atroxical 220.30!69
    Nanrade0.,..219.,.27''''-.-

if the QL375-300 ones would drop off LoTV or Catacomb bosses that would be nifty ^^

Enjoying RK4

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwalkers View Post
    Scorpio's Aim of Anger 4 teh WIN!
    The 1250 Psychology requirement is a real buzz kill though.

Aggression Multiplier (Jealousy Augmented) is my tool of choice.

Codex of the Insulting Emerto is also wonderful for pulling. You can run forward, target a mob, run back and shut the door without getting agg. Press Q to go into attack mode (or Shift+Q to change to attacking your current target) and then fire off Emerto and the mob comes running, but doesn't bring his friends (unless your team mates open the door to the next room.)

These are the taunt tools that every Enforcer must have, and the only taunt tools that an Enforcer needs. Everything else is just fluff.
    Glarawyn L220 OT Adventurer
    It's good to be furry.
    ----
    Lilredhot L220 OT Enforcer
    Don't mind me, I tank without a helmet.
    ----
    Gunslinger19 L150 OT Soldier
    There's a word for people who think everyone's out to get them: perceptive.

You should have a Library of Foul Language just for the float-text.

Enjoying RK4

My Jealousy Augmented is actually stored away in a bag somewhere. I didn't spend IP in psychology after full IPR, and I don't really intend to.

I keep my emerto handy for pulling adds. I still spam it when tanking, because I'm used to spamming a 6 second taunt tool from as far back as I care to remember.

In my experience, taunt tools are extremely nice for saving precious nano at the lower levels, useful for covering up your slightly low damage at higher levels, and then not really needed in endgame[1]. This was my opinion before improved mango, and that nano has just reinforced it.

[1] "endgame" here loosely defined as QL 300 weapon(s) and 2 second nano delta tick.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyai View Post
    if the QL375-300 ones would drop off LoTV or Catacomb bosses that would be nifty ^^
    WTB QL375 Monster Parts!

*hides*
    To all you Enforcers:
    You are the core of the team. You have an overwhelming presence, such that mobs never dare even look at your doc. In battle, you fall before your teammates do, and even then you alway give a good account of yourself to your foes. By excelling in crowd control, you make yourself a valuable tool to any team. Take a beating with a smile, tank with pride. Be faithful to the Enforcer's Creed: "Hugging reclaim, so that you don't have to."

Author of Fundamentals of Tanking

Emicrisis
    L220/23 Opifex Doctor Emislicer L220/20 Atrox Enforcer Emiphne L220/17 Solitus Shade

Quit game in Sept 07. Have fun, guys

Houston, we've got an update!
    Apocalypse 'Redux' Now

Wow.

Enjoying RK4

wtb sticky

wtb sticky this is great stuff... how hell did u find all this... w00t thanks!
    Honge
    Atrox Enforcer

"Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I might remember. Involve me and I will learn!"

It's in the bookmarks thread.

Enjoying RK4

Do all the taunt tools lock psycology.. or can i use multiple taunt tools? i'm currently doing the scheol quest which is a pain.. is it worth getting or should i make the AI taunt tool instead till i get scorpios aim of anger etc.. if i can use multiple taunt tools can anyone list which ones will work together without locking skill please, thanks.

Nice list great for enforcers 200+ going into inferno missions who will try and hold agro.

Don't bother with Scorpio's Aim, 200 more taunt is not worth the 700 more Psychology. Aggression Multiplier (Jealousy Augmented) can be used from a low level and is more than enough.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Legion84 View Post
    Do all the taunt tools lock psycology.. or can i use multiple taunt tools? i'm currently doing the scheol quest which is a pain.. is it worth getting or should i make the AI taunt tool instead till i get scorpios aim of anger etc.. if i can use multiple taunt tools can anyone list which ones will work together without locking skill please, thanks.

Nice list great for enforcers 200+ going into inferno missions who will try and hold agro.
    Yeah, dont bother with any of those. Just get the Aggression Multiplier (Jealousy Augmented) which you make with a ql200 agg multiplier, found in sup shops, and the essence of pure jealousy located in steps of madness. It is a lot easier to obtain than running quests for taunt tools or doing zod raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Don't bother with Scorpio's Aim, 200 more taunt is not worth the 700 more Psychology. Aggression Multiplier (Jealousy Augmented) can be used from a low level and is more than enough.
    i see not worth the trade off thanks for your advice ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Rubyzero View Post
    Yeah, dont bother with any of those. Just get the Aggression Multiplier (Jealousy Augmented) which you make with a ql200 agg multiplier, found in sup shops, and the essence of pure jealousy located in steps of madness. It is a lot easier to obtain than running quests for taunt tools or doing zod raids.
    ty i'll get on that today and see what i can do thanks guys.

Only 2 taunt tools you need to know.

1. Jealousy

2. Emerto

Thats about it :P
    Michael ''Noirhybrid'' Orion 220/30/70 ENFORCER [Equipment] RETIRED - GOODBYE FRIENDS! 1/8/2008

Husband IG to Rachael ''Zorinthia'' Orion.

First Atrox Enforcer on Atlantean to put in Ql300 Symbs and 290 Brain symbiant.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirhybrid View Post
    Only 2 taunt tools you need to know.

1. Jealousy

2. Emerto

Thats about it :P
    cheers mate straight forward

Might be nice to add more info to this post and make it a numbers enfos should know post. Maybe put up the brawl/dimach templates. Nano init formula to insta layers, fast attack/ sneak attack caps, 2s nano delta psychic, etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast