Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - Philip Ross shot!

I bet it was the nuterals they seem to ...well ...undecided
    I am the Walrus Or just a n00b who knows what he is doing lol

Quote Originally Posted by bewzydna
    I bet it was the nuterals they seem to ...well ...undecided
    You're forgetting Mr. Ross contributed a considerable amount of support to the Newland Guard Initiative. Why would neutrals attack someone who has always shown support for their kind?

Although I will admit the possibility of a Neutral assassination, I don't for a second believe it. The entire code of the Neutrals lies with being...well...Neutral. If this were the case, then an equal opportunity to stir up hatred would have taken place almost immediately with several high-ranking Clan members. As it stands, I can see three possibilities -- either a high-up command from Clan leaders, or a falsified attempt by Omni agents to stir up rebellion from the more moderate Omnis.

As an additional reason, I must say, I consider it unlikely at best that any of us would take part in it: Anarchy, as it so occurs, destroys those in the middle far more often than the high-ranking on either side. The third point I considered...a religious group, on either side, with the intent to destroy those of a neutral stance. In a time when bullets are flying between two sides, those in the middle are the only ones who catch them.

This /could not be/ a simple assassination. They must have had help. And they could not possibly remain hidden for long without it.
    Last edited by Sedelyan; May 9th, 2005 at 22:17:57.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 30-40 trader on Atlantean.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 10-20 adventurer on Rimor.
    [Anatia] - Level 1-10 adventurer on Atlantean.

"The future of classical music is in video games."

You can call him a brave agent Mongo, I call him another fool who will just reinforce the image most civilians of Omni-Tech have of the clans. War Mongering terrorists who cry for peace and fair treatment then back stabe the good omni tech corporation and demand more when we try to meet with them.

Just so we are clear that is a civilian image of the clans, not a personal one. This conflict has gone on for to long for any side to claim to be the innocent party who is being wronged and abused.

War is only one of the possabilities that can arise from this outrage, and the worst. If I were you and this agent was in fact the one who shot Philip Ross, I would drag him out in chains, set up a live grid feed to everyone on the planet and shoot him, several times, then finish him with an insurance disrupter.

Many of you may cheer and congradulate him on the size of his ball barings and the skill of his shot, but he was not shooting at a heckler or a techno scavenger, he shot at some one that a lot of people respected and could set into motion events that could reshape our world into a nightmare space of the likes few have ever seen before.

I have an old data file about a man who lead a number of people in a massive conflict and eventualy his side won and rather than drive his foe's into the dust he began work at rebuilding their shattered economy and welcomed them home with open arms. One day a person from that defeted force slipped past his securty and shot him fataly. In the days that followed another war almost broke out, one that would not have stopped untill everyone in the opposing faction lay dead and only the strongest stroke of luck saw to it that it did not happen.

The man shot was named Linkon and the shooter was named Booths. This agent may go down as another Booths. Let us hope our luck is as good as the luck of those two factions from so long ago.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Let them bring it!

I do not advocate war but if Omni care to blame Clans for this and scale up violence against the Clans they shall not find us lacking.
    I say that if Omni want to blame us for this and use this as an excuse for an all out attack - let them.
    The days of Omni opression are numbered - Ross, BRING IT ON!

Quote Originally Posted by Count0
    I do not advocate war but if Omni care to blame Clans for this and scale up violence against the Clans they shall not find us lacking.
    I say that if Omni want to blame us for this and use this as an excuse for an all out attack - let them.
    The days of Omni opression are numbered - Ross, BRING IT ON!
    Bring it on? You can say that after saying you do not advocate war?

You know who is saying it was a Clan Agent Count? The leader of the freaking clan orginzation that the agent is a member of! We dont have to say anything or accuse anyone now all that is left for us it to sit and hope, pray if you are the kind that prays, that war is not the result.

I find it maddening that when it is proven that it was a clan that did something that the clan in question is a rogue clan but when some one thinks that there is a chance that something was done by a clan it seems that you all are one colective whole. Pick a stripe people its begining to tick me off.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

Often enough, the parties claiming responsibility are doing so under the premise that 'no publicity is bad publicity'. I'd be wary of anybody trying to claim this attack in the immediate aftermath -- stick to any evidence, rather than listening to the fringe groups.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 30-40 trader on Atlantean.
    [Sedelyan] - Level 10-20 adventurer on Rimor.
    [Anatia] - Level 1-10 adventurer on Atlantean.

"The future of classical music is in video games."

Quote Originally Posted by drtuzzi
    About time sombody did it.
    /me like it
    Who ever did it, should have used two shooters to make sure he didnt make it to the hospital :P
    Bids made from me or recived to me are valid for 7 days

Through me the way into the suffering city,
    Through me the way to the eternal pain,
    Through me the way that runs among the lost.
    Justice urged on my high artificer;
    My maker was divine authority,
    The highest wisdom, and the primal love.
    Before me nothing but eternal things were made,
    And I endure eternally.
    Abandon every hope, ye who enter here.

Achiever 86%, Killer 60%, Explorer 40%, Socializer 13%

Lightbulb Why?

I dont see what good an assassination attempt would do even if successfull? (***Um how many of you have stood repeditivly infront of reclaim?***) The only reason I can see behind this would be the following:
    1. Throw blame between Omni and Clans (sounds like neutrals would benefit selling to both sides)
    2. Make fighting between the sides weaken each other and hence be less effective against Aliens.
    3. weaken one or both sides for the neutrals
    4. weaken one or both sides for a new faction to step in. (ICC or some other yet to be named organization)

So until the facts are laid out dont allow yourself to become weak or complacent

p.s. it says in the new flash that I read that he was shot (hence not a melee wepon or a nano)

Amazing, Phillip Ross may very well die, and you clanners are acting like victims of a conspiracy? Right now, my concern is not with you but with Mr. Ross. But, if I do I find it was the Clan's behind this, you will be my concern.

If it isnt the clans then I hope we blame you anyway, Im tired of you parasites on OT's planet.

Oh what the crap about this peacefull rollerrat sh...Peacefull...yeah right! Gimme a break. Ross was only peacefull when he thought it was politically correct! Ross came up with a peace treaty when his forces were being splattered near Omni-1 walls! Let me refresh your memory...He brought the war back into the lands by breaking the Tir accord laws and then anulling the Tir accord by saying that the Clans had breaked the laws! How peacefull is that?!

I do agree to say that the attack was weak, cowardly and without any honor. In war you should respect your enemy and attacking it while it has no means on attacking you is an un-brave thing to do. I know some clanners might think "Well thats what Omni-Tek does." and yes you are correct. But you should bare in mind that we are not Omni-Tek and we will do everything to stop Omni-Tek from doing its harm.

Whatever you may think of us...We are not fools. Illusion tricks don't work on all us humans. This might as well be a trick by OT themselfs to arouse the anger of OT personal for violant means towards clanners.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Rofl!

Well, since the upcoming expansion is being announced.. and it boasts a "heightened war" between omni and clan.. Im sure it safe to assume where this is going... WHY DID YOU KILL OUR BOSS YOU DIRTY CLAN SCUM?!?!?!

Oh yeah... Was Ross flagged or something? Sheesh how can you open attack on the president of OT in 75% suppression? This story is full of holes.
    Last edited by crimsonthx; May 10th, 2005 at 02:41:42.

Ross only ended the Tir Accord because it wasnt worth squat anymore. The CoT was gone and Omni where being killed left and right. It was another example of Clan's ending a move for peace by Ross!

((The post above, this is supposed to be Role Playing, if its OOC then use the (('Comment Here')) thing like I am doing))

IrrkNews

Subject : Omni-Pol on su****ious clan activity (May 9th)

At 19.00 RKST tonight, Ivan Sergeyich - director of Omni-Pol, addressed the employees of the corporation about the ongoing investigation of the assassination attempt on Philip Ross, CEO of Omni-Tek, Rubi-Ka. Several clansmen had arrived, either to listen or cause chaos, but these elements were quickly removed.

This did not work for all of the clansmen, says sources within Omni-Pol. Apparently a single clan agent managed to get within close range of Mr. Sergeyich. But the same sources also state that Mr. Sergeyich was in no danger, due to the fast tracking devices implanted throughout the city. The agent managed to get away before he could be brought in for questioning.

The agent has the following characteristics: Opifex Male. High-ranking agent, clan affliction. While no official arrest warrant have been issued yet, Omni-Pol would be grateful for any assistance in the identification of this person. Sources also say that the camera system may have been able to capture pictures of the clan member, but until these have been analyzed nothing conclusive can be released at this time.

So it was a clanner indeed.

Guilty untill proven innocent huh?

I know for a fact that this unidentified agent had nothing to do with this sad and failed attempt at philip ross.

I'm sure in time he will be brought fourth into the light by his own will and his innocence will be proven,

Quote Originally Posted by Ninj00
    Guilty untill proven innocent huh?

I know for a fact that this unidentified agent had nothing to do with this sad and failed attempt at philip ross.

I'm sure in time he will be brought fourth into the light by his own will and his innocence will be proven.
    yes hes right.. it wasnt that agent.. it was me, i stood on a rooftop, and gave him a good Aimed Shot'ing, i only regret that i didnt use a bigger gun... too bad... LONG LIVE THE CLANS!!!

75%

Isn't Ent a Suppresion zone? How did one even open attack on Ross? Maybe the old man shot himself... early retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by mongomaster

To make long story short, our brave agent has promised to make a public speech later this week. He is willing to explain who hired him and what was the motive for his actions. Only clan photographers are allowed to monitor this public appearance and location will be announced later.
    As it seems that a member of the clans said that is was a clan agent who shot Philip Ross well before the report came out I find it ... annoying that so many other clan members can continue on their typical path of spewing waste from their mouths in total disreguard to what Mongomaster has said.

If it dose not fit into your narrow world view it dose not exist eh? Everything is just a plot to slap a clan around eh? How do you explain Mongomasters words then?

Mongomaster, prehaps since this event has hit us in Omni-Tech rather hard you can arrange for a live feed of the interview to be made avalable to us or allow an Omni Reporter to participate but have him or her use clan equipment for security reasons. Other wise, and this is a statement of a possable event not a threat, Omni-Tech orginzations and personel may decide to crash the interview.

We clans knew Ross for the scum he was(is), what we should fear now is who will takeover, are there any Unicorn activity that could indicate a military takeover of operations on Rubi-ka and the notum mines.

I fear for the free people of Rubi-ka, I don't think even the neutrals can feel safe at the momemnt either, Omni-pol could be pointing finger at anyone and the drones of Omni-tek will blame who ever is pointed too, right or wrong, war is comming.
    Joliie - Storm unit leader - When you have to kill a man it costs nothing to be polite.
    Account Created 2001-07-06 00:00:17

Wars, conflict, it's all business. One murder makes a villain. Millions a hero. Numbers sanctify.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast