Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Breaking News - Philip Ross shot!

With their current numbers, that is correct.

And ICC involvment is only one of many theories that can be looked at right now.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Gurney "Twistshot" Halleck

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

I say just let Ross die..

well that is if he is not already dead, could just be a cover while they get the new pi.. err leader in place.

Just my two credits though

~General Cynotor
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    I say just let Ross die..
    well that is if he is not already dead, could just be a cover while they get the new pi.. err leader in place.
    ~General Cynotor
    How dare you to say that!
    AO-Universe - The Leet Place To Be

*smirks* Nanomage Liberation Front.... so now it is official... we have indeed heard from the peanut gallery..

I wouldn't worry much about anything that comes from the NLF. They are well known for employing terrorist tactics to make their point. I wouldn't exactly hold their comments with much credibility considering the source.

A man like Ross stays alive and in charge in part by knowing where the skeletons are hidden, and by setting plans to expose them should events happen. No, they will keep him alive if for no other reason than to keep their dirty laundry hidden.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it is has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Want to learn how to roleplay? Click Here for ideas! Looking for other Roleplayers? /tell channel42 !join and meet them! Want a larger source for RP? Go to www.ao-universe.com

First of all....
    The NLF is a mockery of common sense. Thats about all there is to say about them.

Mr.Ross will be kept alive by all means available because his knowledge and way about handling the clans is un-paralelled in history. He is a great leader and as the CEO of Omni-Tek Rubi Ka there is no point speculating on the hows and whys as to the intent of saving his life.
    It should be self-explanatory.
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Of course the Omni Med Doctors will do all they can.

shouldn't these posts be placed under the Omni-Med thread and the Omni-Med posts (the last few) be placed here?

Philip Ross

I have heard a rumour that Philip Ross is close to death. Should he die I am sure that Omni would keep his death a secret for as long as possible that I think is a certainty. There has been no official releases about his current condition for sometime now. Am I the only one to wonder why?
    Last edited by krull_uk; Jun 28th, 2005 at 02:01:47.

That is not just a rumor, they have said as much. He is in a coma and on life support, that is a condition that is the closest to death that you can get and still be alive, so to speak.

If he isnt dead physically, hes dead mentally...

I doubt he'll ever be fit for CEO again
    No human being on the face of this glorius Rubi-ka, no goverment is going to take from me my right to speak, my right to protest against wrong, my right to everything that is for the benefit for magekind.
    I am not here to be accused!
    I am here as the accuser of omni-tek dripping with blood from head to toe!

When Injustice Becomes The Norm, Resistance Becomes A Duty.

Muge "Gueve" Marxosis

Quote Originally Posted by Gueve

Which I suppose is why they selected Tarkhan for the CEO of the Omni corporation...

now, I'm not an avid roleplayer, but did they pick Tarkhan Zora like he was some dude in the middle of the street, or ... well how and why did Omni-Tek select Mr. Zora?
    [[ RYUAHN | 220/21 Opifex Trader
    == Proud Member of Core ==
    [[ ALASTROPHE | 220/15 Solitus Martial-Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Gueve

Perhaps, perhaps not. There are thousands of cases were coma patients recover with all or most of their mental capabilities intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistshot
    coma patients recover with all or most of their mental capabilities intact.
    He's omni, where does this enter the equation?
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

um... why don't they just CH him?
    Numbfreeze, 208 NT Numbfreeze's Stuff (auno) Numbfreeze's Stuff (aodb)

Quote Originally Posted by fc_ProXimA
    I've only tested this with the server in the next room at a 100mbit connection, wihtout anybody else on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by HurfBurf
    um... why don't they just CH him?
    You really think it would be as simple as that?
    He's shot in the chest with the result of fractured ribs and injured organs, in a coma even... and I doubt even Alpha & Omega could do anything about comas. Otherwise they would have done it right then and there and there wouldn't be 191ish posts on this subject.

There is literally nothing wrong with {Shutdown Skills} in it's current incarnation. What should be being looked at is the reason why it's needed so much. E.g, the incredible amount of Alpha being thrown around and the fickleness of Evade profs.
    I walk in to BS... could not perk people... with 3704 AR and 300 AAD drain... NT facerolled me, shade instagibbed me, after a few minutes I just decided not gonna bother.

121 now

Quote Originally Posted by Saetos
    You really think it would be as simple as that?
    He's shot in the chest with the result of fractured ribs and injured organs, in a coma even... and I doubt even Alpha & Omega could do anything about comas. Otherwise they would have done it right then and there and there wouldn't be 191ish posts on this subject.
    Hmm, I'd say that that pesky new virus had a bit more to do with it than where the bullet hit. I've seen a lot of combat and also taken a lot of hits, both in hand-to-hand and from ranged weapons, and heath kits and doctors have done a fine job so far of patching me up.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jokzer
    Hmm, I'd say that that pesky new virus had a bit more to do with it than where the bullet hit. I've seen a lot of combat and also taken a lot of hits, both in hand-to-hand and from ranged weapons, and heath kits and doctors have done a fine job so far of patching me up.
    Now that I think about it... perhaps the virus strangled his nanobots? OK ... perhaps "hacked" would be a better word... because don't you need the support of your patient's nanobot system when you cast a heal (or any beneficial nano) on them?

*Wonders what "heath kits" are and how/where I found them *

Yeah, it could be you're right, Saetos. Would make this world a whole lot more dangerous, what with all of us so dependant on the nanobots.
    Not a nice picture for any of us..

Whatever it is, I'd say that every effort should be put into finding out all there is to know about it and, more interestingly, how to stop it. And I further think that faction should be kept out of this, we're all in danger from this.. but I also know that it won't happen that way, sadly.
    Tempus fugit.

Some don't have film.

-PHB/Scott Adams

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910