Thread: From the NLF Labs

From the NLF Labs

Hello citizens of Rubi-Ka,

I am Vytocyt, General of the Nanomage Liberation Front. I have been researching ambient Notum levels for the past two years.

I am about to undertake a study that should both dispel the absurd notion that Notum is self-replenishing AND ascertain the minimum amount of ambient Notum required for Nanomage survival.

The lab itself is embedded in a rock formation in Newland Desert (and if there's one thing a Nanomage can do, it's to use nanobots to blast through rock. That's the only thing for which we can thank Omni-Tek). Within this lab I have designed a quantum field that is impermeable to Notum. I will seal myself inside this field. The field also prevents communication over the usual com channels.

I expect the experimentation to last about one year.

I will also research an advanced layers nanoprogram, an advanced area blind, and an NT calm that will work in the Shadowlands. In my spare time I will come up with a new color scheme for the Golden Mystery Cloak of the Nanomage Liberation Front ( http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=248406 )

I will enter seclusion on Wednesday or Thursday. If you have any other research topics, please provide them before that.

Till All Are Free!

General Vytocyt

(( OOC: I'm leaving AO after more than two years of giving Humidity Extraction to anyone who runs through Borealis. Thanks to everyone who has RPed with us over the years and thanks to the NLF for keeping things interesting. The life of an NT would be pretty dull otherwise.))

*stifles back the tears*

TILL ALL ARE FREE!!

~General Ironox and Staff of Cooking with Iron!
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

So the terrorists seal themselves in cave now...Surely to discover new ways of destroying equipment, property and personnel!

[doh! Although we didn't know one another, I'm saddened to see you go. A member less of NLF is a little less richness to Rubi-Ka. Good luck on your endeavours, and maybe we'll see you back one day.]

Hopefully you'll run out of air.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Speak like that again to her and I promise you I will hunt you down and make you run out of more then air!

~Ironox
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

/ooc

Goodbye. I'll miss your passionate and articualte statemetns on behalf of the NLF. Should circumstances change and you decide to return someday, you know where to find us! Who knows, Lost Eden (the next exapansion) might be all about nanomages!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by alto
    Speak like that again to her and I promise you I will hunt you down and make you run out of more then air!

~Ironox
    Looky here you over zealous-bloodythirsty-terrorist, threaten another Clansmen like that again, and we'll play "how many times it takes before reclaim fails".

(( err, more people leave that I never met .... G'luck in your real life man. ))

Well, having spent the better part of my life here on Rubi-Ka hunting criminals and terrorists, I must say that you have found a nice solution - taking yourself out of the equation and giving me time to enjoy some beer and leet-pie.
    Before you seal the mountain, could you persuade any of your comrades-in-crime to take the same approach?

((Fair winds, whatever you choose to do - and don't forget the url, in case you get withdrawal symptoms..))
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Vixentrox
    Hello Vixentrox,

I understand that you may continue to harbor ill feelings toward the NLF after your involuntary detainment last year.

Running out of air may be difficult due to the proliferation of terraforming nanobots all over Rubi-Ka. Running out of Notum (which will lead to the death of all Nanomages) is a possibility, however, due to your continued support of Notum mining and exportation. My death at your hands, however clean they may appear to you, remains likely.

In about eight months I will be testing the effects of Notum Depletion on myself as I slowly remove the ambient Notum from my labs. During those tests I may find that I would welcome regular asphyxiation. I will gladly endure that pain, though, to help my Brothers and Sisters.

Depending on how these experiments go, perhaps I can use those studies to help me design an Opifex-only version of nano-charged cyber armor that slowly changes your DNA so you become as Notum-dependent as the Nanomage breed. Do you have a color preference for the armor? You can be the first guinea p -- er, customer!

Vytocyt
    Erstwhile General, Nanomage Liberation Front

Dear Vy,

I will miss your NT luv.
    I will be standing at my spot in Bore awaiting your return.

Till all are free.

live long and prosper my friend,
    Dmom
    President
    Elite Operations
    "Never fry bacon in the nude"