Thread: Returning clan player looking for guild

Returning clan player looking for guild

i picked up AO when it first went retail and got my clan nano-trader up to lvl 40. then i got tired of all the constant crashing and the inability of a trader at that time to level except by XP leeching off a group and went back to asheron's call.

i heard in several places that AO had gotten better in the almost 2 years since then so i reactivated my old account and started a new character, an untwinked clan solt. soldier this time.

the game is cetainly more stable now, and i might be sticking around. i'm not sure which char i'll be playing (so much has changed in the last 2 years that i'm not sure how my trader stands). but whichever one i play, i'd like to find a guild.

i'm reasonably active (though i might be leaving town for a few weeks in early august) and tend to focus more on level and loot more than adventure and role-playing. i like PvP as well, but in moderation (not that my lvl 40 trader can do much to any of the lvl 100+s running around anyway). other games i've played include:
    Asheron's Call (2-3 years)
    DAoC (got a lvl 47 firbie druid)
    EQ (tried their free month, hit lvl 39 as a necro and stopped when the month expired)
    Battletech MUX 3030 (the old MUD/MU* days),
    Helped beta Shattered Galaxy and Toontown (though i did more goofing off in Toontown than actually betaing anything, heh).

though i might be a low level as things go in the game, i think i would bring a fair bit of gaming knowledge/lore to any guild.

i'm hoping to find a guild that has a wide level spread of active players. my native language is English (grew up in Chicago) so i'd prefer a predominantly english guild as well. i've found that a lot of what i know from the AO of 2 years ago is now outdated, so expect a fair amount of newbish questions from me. (does anyone go to the junkyard near freedom anymore? i walked by and it was totally deserted. that used to be THE place to go in the teens). i'm usually fairly self-sufficient, so while twinking wouldn't be turned down, it's not something that i'm looking for either.

anyways, i hope to see ya'll in the game, wheather you be omni, newt, or clan.

Is Zhadiya your name in-game?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Re: Ingame name

yes it is. i usually play early afternoon or late nights Central US time.

update

just got into a guild named Live Free or Die. thanks for all of you who paged me with tips on how to choose a guild and other advice!