Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Durousseaus

The Durousseaus

Times like this I wish I was an opifex. The nimbleness, the agility. Would really accent my being a Fixer. Nothing to do about it now I suppose. Not with these Omni troops after us.

Guess I should introduce us. I am Koreteve Durousseau. I am part of an interesting organization. At the moment, I am in a caravan with my closest comrades.

A Keeper, Auromonto, a Soldier, Magnull, a Shade, Malbourne, an Engineer, Automastimus, and an Agent, Exactitude.

We are all part of the Durousseau Clan.

Auromonto is the power of the group, he keeps the morale up, and has a nice sharp sword for those who oppose us. Magnull is an odd soldier. When the soldiers wanted assault rifles, he was packing a shotgun. Still is. Malbourne is the spy, among other things, like seek-and-destroyer, lifestealer, and murderer. Perfect addition to the Clans.

Automastimus is a genius. He knows about everything and anything. Missing an organic eye, but he built his own and implanted it himself! Exactitude is like Malbourne. In fact, they are almost brothers. But Exactitude choose rifles, and Malbourne has the knives.

Me? Well, I guess you could call me the leader. I wouldn't, but you probably would.

Behind us are the most experienced Omni officers we've ever encountered. Guess we did enough damage to finally call the big guns. Magnull, Exactitude, and I were keeping them from blowing us up. Good thing we all use different ammo. Also good thing we are pretty good shots.

''You know, times like this we could use an assault rifle instead of a shotgun!'' I said to Magnull. ''Now isnt the time!'' he replied.

Wait, I thought. Why are they leaving? Soon I saw why. An enormous Atrox was taking them out one by one. Wow. He had all of them down.

''Turn back, Automastimus, I think we found a new member." I said to our master Engineer.

We drove to the Atrox and almost collided into his foot! "Greetings, we are the Durousseau Clan. You were just amazing back there! We would like you to join us." I called to him.

Suddenly

BLAM! BLAM! Psssssssw....BOOM! We had to back up quickly, before the Atrox fell, dead. Unicorns behind him, cheering. Bastards, I thought.

"Ok troops, FIRE!" Magnull shouted. "C'mon Malbourne, lets get the jump on them." Auromonto whispered to Malbourne. They both vanished from sight. The appeared a moment later, Auromonto in front of a unicorn, and Malbourne behind it. SLICE! SLASH! STAB! WHACK! dead...

To be continued!

((PS If you would like to be included (any side, preferably Clan or Omni, but any side :-) talk to me in game!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 3rd, 2005 at 00:23:16.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Proud member of the Knights of Ka!

First Attacks and Nice Strangers.

As Malbourne and Auromonto handled the Unicorns (They were always better at killing tougher enemies for some reason), me, Exactitude and Magnull blasted on the other Omni Troopers. Automastimus was busy fiddling with something the whole time. 'Why stain my hands with blood if you guys are more than qualified to do it? I am the brains after all.'

Suddendly he yelled for us to move. "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY!!" he exclaimed. He threw a strange looking device in the middle of the unicorns and shock troopers.

About 2 seconds later.

BOOOM!!! Bodies flew everywhere, and everyone lost their hearing for about 2 minutes. "I THINK WE WON" I shouted, laughing at an extremely out-of-tune pitch at the Omni troops running. Is this the best they had? Probably. Automastimus told us to look at the ground. A fire was there, and it was shaped to say 'Let this be a lesson!'. We all laughed, in weird pitches.

When we regained our hearing we decided it was time to go again. We also decided to steal the Omni-pol tank the Unicorns left behind. Not like they would use it again. After some minor adjustments to it, courtesy of our resident genius, we were on our way again.

"Nice adjustments, Automan" I said, "new cannon and faster tank, with spare parts you just happened to have lying around huh?"
    "Yes, I'm a bit of a packrat." he replied.
    "Keep it up my friend!"
    "Sure thing, boss."
    "One more thing."
    "Yes?"
    "Dont call me boss again"
    "Sure"
    We both laughed.

We kept driving on our way to Old Athen (With a neutral comrade, thats about the only place we can go without him getting shot). Halfway through Holes in Wall the battery for the car all but exploded.
    "Damn" we said in unison. "You dont have a battery in there do you, Automan?" Aurmonto asked Automastimus.
    "Nope." he replied, "Not for this kind of vehicle. Didnt think we'd be hijacking today!"
    "Youre in the Durousseau Clan, thats what we do! Well, we can still use the cannon and the turrets right?"
    "Yes"
    "Dibs on the cannon!"
    "I got the right turret!" Magnull said.
    "I got the left one!" Exactitude said.
    "Fine, I'll take the center one" I said.

We stayed like that, for a few days, with minor activity, except from some stupid Omni organization who tried to convert us.
    "So what do you say?" They asked
    We loaded our turrets and cannons and laughed.
    BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BOOOM! 15 smoked Omni Missionarys.

Doubt they'll try that anytime soon.

One day we saw a car that looked very familliar. It was our old caravan. Guess someone liked it.
    "Incoming" Exactitude said, "ready the weapons."

It looked like neutrals, but we've been fooled before. And we've done the fooling.
    "Greetings!" The driver said, "I am Jehryn, and it appears you have trouble with your vehicle. Whats the problem with it?"

"We need a Battery Type X70." Automan said.
    "I think we have it." Jehryn said.
    "How much do you want for it?"
    "Free"
    "What?"
    "Free..."
    "Yes please!"
    "Quite the negotiator..." Auromonto muttered jokingly.
    Automan sent a Comms message, "Keep the weapons ready, but don't make it obvious."

They handed us the battery, thanked us for the caravan, and we thanked them, and we were off!
    But trouble never seems to be far off...

((TBC!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:39:48.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Omni Attacks Tir!

Before Jehryn left, he whispered "If your looking for more, we can help you." Those words stuck with me, as we do need more people. Perhaps an alliance with more neutrals supporting our cause will help it.

We finally arrived at Old Athen. We went to the Vanguards shop, then straight to our 'hideout'.

What we call a Hideout, you might call a hovel.

As Malbourne and Automastimus went to the insurance terminal (forgot to use it, don't we all at least once?), me, Magnull, and Auromonto were discussing whether or not we should ally ourselves with more neutrals. Exactitude was off doing agent stuff. Espianage, Spying, Assassinating. You know, agent stuff.

"I think we should agree to join up with them." Magnull said.
    "They would be allying with us" I pointed out. "and I agree with you."
    "I think we should too! More neutrals that support us means more likelyhood of more clanners. And isn't that the best part of the nights?"
    "Of course it is, Holy Man." Magnull and I both said to Auromonto, laughing.

"Seriously," I started, "more to our cause would be benificial wouldn't it?"
    "Oh yeah!" We all said in agreement.

"So its settled! We'll call them tonight, sound good?" I said.
    "Yes!"

Auromonto was a priest, once upon a time. Then one day the omni troopers attacked his Holy House, as he called it, and sabataged the reclaims and insurace terminals, making them dead to us forever. So while we were conspiring, he was praying.

"Please lord, please make sure the unlucky that were attacked by the Omni scum reach your waiting arms. And please enhance this blade as I know You can. Know that I will not rest until the Omni scum of Rubi-Ka is but a memory. In Your name I will always pray, amen...."

He got up from where he was kneeling, the ruins of his once proud Holy House.
    "Im ready Koreteve" He said. A moment later a dropship appeared in the sky, and a beam hit the charred and blasted land, transporting Auromonto inside the dropship.

Automastimus was busy in the lab we had, fiddling with this or that.
    "AHA! Finally. Perfection!" He exclaimed. He was tuning up his robot companion who was almost irrepairable from the Omni blasts of the previous month.

His robot sprang up, "Ready to receive commands, Master." he said to Automastimus. Along with the robot he perfected grenades, and improved the shells of mine, Magnull, and Exactitudes weapons. He added hazengrine to the bullets of my machine guns, making each blow give an extreme after effect of burning wounds. He also tuned up the bursting assault, giving it an area explosion. He added a Full Auto to Magnull's already 'perfect' (as he put it) shotguns. He also added injectors to each shell, giving it a random damage output.

Like I said, Genius. And I havent even gotten to what he did to Exactitude's weapons.

Not only did he add a Burst and Fullauto, but he made his snipe ability able to see from Newland to Tir!

"Automan, if I don't hug you now, I might do more later!" Exactitude said, hopefully he was kidding. I am not 100% about that...

Now with melee weapons he really shined. With Auromonto's Templar Sword he gave it a coat of Heat. Holy Fire, he called it. And with Malbourne's weapons he gave them each a coat of poison, and he gave Malbourne 100 Vials. If the stabs dont get the bastard, the poison will, he said!

Time to break this in, I thought.

As we travaled all over Rubi-Ka, we saw an explosion near Tir. We immediantly rushed, looking for the source. Then we saw it. Omni scum staging a blitzkrieg against us. Us, the clans...not us, the group....yet.

The closer we got the more violant the explosions got. Automastimus said "Enough is enough, we need to act!" "Attack, ZEALOT"
    "Attack command received" said the widowmaking warbot. Automastimus threw a grenade. BOOM! 3 omnis fell, and shrapnal wounded at least 4 nearby. And then we all saw something from the other side of the Omnis. Our caravan! Jehryn, who turned out to be a nano-technician, held his hands out in an attempt to utterly destroy most of the omnis.
    "Retr--AHH! ooo...bastard........" Before he could command, ZEALOT sliced through him like a hot knife through butter.

Auromonto noticed something odd, and he told Malbourne to use the cannon. "You ever used one of these before buddy?" "You ever wake up wondering why?" "Sadly...yes..." And with that, Auromonto was off, Malbourne watching his back. Auromonto found his target, a Blade Guard. Masters of swordplay, supposedly, able to play opposite Knights. "Hey Blade!" Auromonto said, "Come get some, Im calling you out!" "You'll wish you had never done that. I was trained by the Great Kig'ami. The day you can take me out is the day Omni leaves Rubi-Ka....NEVER!"

And so the fight started.

<The following is Auromonto's narration>

The Blade is supposedly the best swordsman in Rubi-Ka. I was ready to test that. I am, after all, the power of the Durousseau Clan.

He swings at me,
    I parry.
    I swing back,
    he evades.
    When I got a hit,
    he got a counter attack.
    It went on like this. Until...

"You know, your pretty good, for some terrorist scum."
    "I could say the same for you, corperate dog."
    "Ready for the kicker?"
    "The what?"

The Blade laughed, then charged me at full speed.

I braced myself, ready for anything.
    His body moved to the left, and his blade went to the right.
    I went toward his body, and gave it a nice burning gash on his left arm and the chest area. I also kicked his chest and disarmed him at the same time. I pointed at him with both blades.
    "You'll be in reclaim in about 10 seconds, so dont worry too much." I said to him.
    I threw his sword at his chest, impaling him. But that wasn't enough. With great fury, I gave him an X slash from his left shoulder to his right that would make Tyr jealous!

"THAT ONE is for the victims you bastards have taken!" I said. With that, Auromonto joined his comrades in battle.

<back to Koreteve>

(TBC!!)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:42:33.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Omni and Reclaim

I joined Jehryn's team and went to see who he brought. He introduced me to his great neutral crew. He was a Nano-Technician, a great one at that. There was also someone they all called Blastfury. He is a soldier, like Magnull. Thats about all they share. Blastfury is a great Atrox and a giant assault rifle. There was also Niberrod, an Engineer, and Lavat, an Enforcer.

The more Omni we killed, the more that seemed to come back for more. The Tir guards were doing their best, but it was apparent if we didn't join they would have probably been killed.

Lavat is a marval to see in combat. An Atrox with a giant hammer, and fearsome armor. He smashed all omni around him, with no remorse.

Niberrod is more a combatant than Automastimus is, using his guns and his robot more than his mind. He seemed to be as much a packrat though, he had lots of grenades and spare parts to repair his robot.

Blastfury was unstoppable. Nothing he engaged lived very long. He emerged from every mini-skirmish victorious.

Jehryn used very complicated nano programs. He created an energy explosion around most of the omnis, sending several to reclaim.

Magnull came to join me and we devised a tactic. I distracted the unicorn commander, while Magnull and Exactitude got in position. Jehryn, Blastfury, Auromonto, and Malbourne were already in position, Auromonto, Malbourne in hiding.

"Take this you bastard!" I yelled at the unicorn comander, shooting many shells at him.
    "You'll rue the day you ever did that, punk." He replied.
    He charged me and I said, "Get him!" to my allies. Jehryn sent fiery hell to the commander, while Exactitude, Malbourne and Auromonto did their respective sneak attacks and sniping, and Blastfury and Magnull fiery raining death to the commander. Still he tried killing me, I evaded most of his hits, except for one where he gashed my lower right shoulder. BLAM BLAM BLAM!! BOOM! Shhheeeewoo.....KRRRRR! "Reclaim time," I said to the commander, who was sprawled on the floor bleeding, "you'll be there soon." and I fired into his helmet.
    After the commander retreated, the rest was a walk in the park. A park filled with Omni corpses everywhere, but a park nonetheless.

"Retreat!" Some omni yelled "Meet at Omni-1!" "Doctors where the hell are you!??"
    "Running," I said, "like you should be!" I unleashed my SMG's raining death on him then. I noticed a few omni conspiring near a hill. I told evveryone on my Comms Link to look on the hill. "Give 'em hell!" I told my comrades. We charged the hill and took out the omnis there. Suddendly they came from all sides.
    Oh great, I thought.
    "You have 10 seconds to drop your weapons and surrender" The Omni threatened.

"Never!" Auromonto exclaimed. "We wont give up without a fight!"
    Good thing we used the insurance......I thought. We charged at all sides, blasting everyone, cutting them up, stabbing them, hewing. Amazingly, we got more than we expected. "Meet in the hideout, guys." I told my allies via my Comm-Link. As two omni came toward me I shot them both, mortal wounds, but not before they cut me up horribly, I fell to the floor. A very bright blue light was my vision now, and the next thing I knew I was in the hideout, throwing up very bad. It seems the more you kill the worse your sickness gets when you wind up in Reclaim. Maybe that was just me...

(TBC!)

((Im sorry I keep putting comic book-like effects, but its a force of habit LOL))
    ((If you would like to join my story, send a tell to Koreteve in Rimor, or Malbourne in Atlantean. Omni or Clan prefered [easier to put in story], but Neutrals are welcome as well))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:42:58.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

((it's a fun read. hope to see more. ))
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Talking

((Woohoo a reply, thanks!))
    ((3.0 comin soon!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 3rd, 2005 at 00:25:09.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

((Looking forward to read more ))
    Proud agent of the Disciples of Omni-Tek

Commissioner of the RKDC

"One should not lose one's temper unless one is certain of getting more and more angry to the end."
    William Butler Yeats

Recruiting!

<This is the story through Magnull>
    We ended up in reclaim after the Omnis ambushed us. Everyone else went to their reclaim, but I had to sit for a moment and think about what happened. Blastfury was an amazing sight to see. He unloaded on so many Omni soldiers it was almost not funny. I was his backup, nothing more. I had wished so much that I was the soldier in the frontlines slaying the omni oppressors. I guess I wish that I was an Atrox. But what am I thinking?! I must contemplate this some more...I must.....

"Hey Magnull!" It was Auromonto, one of my closest friends. We had been through a lot together. We grew up in about the same place. We had both started in Nascence with the great scientist Drake Rodriguez. But anyway...

"Hey Auromonto. How are you doing today?" I replied.
    "Good, and you?"
    "Thinking."
    "About what?"
    "I have been contemplating getting reconstructive surgery to become an Atrox. I also want to relearn into Assault Rifles."
    "While your at it why not become a Keeper. But then you would have to get used to being very slow. Can you live with that?"
    "I could learn to."
    "We like you as an Opifex. Why, look at those spikes!" He pricked himself on one. "Oww, hehe. But seriously, you are the dextrous part of our little crew. We don't need a strong-arm. We DO have me after all."
    "That is true. Thanks Auromonto, your a real friend."
    "Hey, its my job to keep morale up. Among other things." He took unsheathed his sword and gleamed it a little in the suns, then grined. I couldn't help but smile.

I couldn't believe it. I am out-dexterity-ing the Fixer. We proved that on the battlefields. We dueled many many times. He has the evades, and I have the general speed. I am pretty sure that won't last forever. He IS a Fixer after all.

"Hey Koreteve."I said to Koreteve
    "Hey there Magnull. How goes it?" he replied. He was the leader, but he didn't want to be called out as one. He wanted to be just like everyone else, an equal.
    "Doing great, now."
    "Did you have fun at the Tir party?" He always called battles and skirmishes parties.
    "Yes, I had a blast."
    "Well, I thought you should know. I am going to try and get Jehryn and his team to be with us on a more....permanant basis."
    "What do you mean?"
    "I mean, his group is going to get mail. Its going to be a stack of Clan Applications."
    "Sounds great!"
    "I would like you to take Blastfury and Lavat under your wing, show them how we run in this Clan."
    "Really??"
    "Yes, Magnull."
    "It would be an honor!"
    "Thank you so much Magnull."
    "Anytime!"
    "Is it OK if Auromonto assists you?"
    "Of course, anyone who likes to."
    "Good. I will get Automastimus to help Niberrod."
    "Sounds like a plan." And off we went. I went to do a few missions by my self for awhile. I believe he went to brief Automastimus.

<Now we turn to Automastimus>
    Almost, I thought. I was almost done with a creation of extreme worth to us. It looked like a normal metal trinket, but upon closer inspection it was in fact a marval in nano-circuitry. And I wasnt saying that because I was high on myself. When I grafted the device to my armor I felt a surge of energy. I felt smarter (as if that could ever happen!), and I felt more skilled with the use of...everything. I could make these for all of the clans! Imagine the fame, the help towards the Clankind! Of course, I would make them fine-tuned towards every person who would like one, making our organization extremely wealthy. Or as wealthy as a Clansman can get, anyway. Not that it mattered, most of the things we get are from the Omni corpses we loot. We could probably give them at a reasonable price.

"Automan, am I interrupting you?" It was Koreteve. Hes pretty modest, though hes an excellent leader. Best I've ever been under.
    "Nope, I just finished." I replied

"What did you work on?"
    "See this insignia?"
    "Yes."
    "It enhances every skill I can think of, and probably many I cant"
    "You cant think of a skill? Thats not like you!" We laughed. "Very good job."
    "Thanks. What did you want?"
    "I am going to send an invite to the brave neutrals that were aiding us."
    "Oh?"
    "Yes. I was hoping you could instruct their Engineer."
    "Niberrod?"
    "Yes, I believe thats him."
    "Would you like to instruct him?"
    "On what?"
    "Anything you would like to teach him, but basicly show him how we do things in the Durousseau Clan."
    I grined. Another puppet for my experements! "Sure thing Koreteve."
    "Thank you Automastimus."
    "Anytime."

<The following is through Exactitude>
    So close, no matter how far. It was always like that, with the DC Comm-Link.
    "Im ready Koreteve" I said on the link. I was just spying on some omni, I had to find out their next target. With this new scope I could even be tempted to take a few out. But I saved that for later.
    "Roger!"
    I saw a strange blue aura emit from me. It was strangly calming. Then I materialized in the dropship.

"So what did you get my friend." Koreteve asked.
    "Looks like they are going for Newland, trying to un-neutral it, and omnify it. Should we help them?"
    "The newland guards are extremely fearsome in battle."
    "I know."
    "I love their ferocity when someone tries to attack them."
    "Me too."
    "We could, and probably should, take a peek."
    "That sounds logical."
    "Settled then."
    "Great."
    "When did they say?"
    "About 20:00"
    "What day?"
    "Next week."
    "Thank you Exactitude, you have been great."
    "My pleasure."
    "I've gotta go, I have to get our potential allies clanned up."
    "So long Koreteve."
    "Seeya Exactitude."

<Koreteve now!>
    "Hey Jehryn." .......
    ((What will happen? Will Jehryn accept? Will his group join the Cause? Find out next time! To Be Continued!!! And If you would like to be included, just post here with a /sign and a small introduction of the character you would like to join.))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:43:41.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Animus Proelium and Divine Retribution

((Previously on The Durousseaus))
    <Koreteve now!>

"Hello Jehryn?" I said......

((Now....Durousseaus 3.5!))

"Hey Koreteve."
    "How are you doing?"
    "Good. Whats up?"
    "I am sending you via whom-pah, among other things, applications."
    "For clan?"
    "Yes."
    "We would have to have a meeting. Mind if we contact you later?"
    "Of course. This is in no way supposed to be rushed." I almost lept out of my skin when I heard that.
    "We'll let you know later."
    "Thank you"
    "Anytime."

5 minutes later

"Ok," I said on my comm-link, "Durousseau Clan, front and center!"

Another 2 minutes go by....

"Hey Koreteve" They all said in unison, "whats up?"
    "I contacted Jehryn. They are considering joining us!"

"Wooohoo!" "Yay" Oh yeah!" Were just a few of the responses I got from that. I was thinking the same thing.
    "We should know soon."
    "If they do join," Malbourne asked, "Do we make them go through Clan Training?"
    "Of course." I answered "They go through the same thing you all did. And the Buddy Program rule is in effect. I believe I contacted everybody I needed to. Auromonto will mentor Lavat, Magnull will mentor Blastfury, and Automastimus will mentor Niberrod. Exactitude and Malbourne, you are both welcome to help whoever you wish. Then again you may not want to. You both may do what you wish until the training is complete." With that tag team, I thought, theres no limit to what they can do. Its best to leave them alone. I let it sink in...then... "Does everyone understand?"

"Yes."
    "Oh yeah!"
    "Uh huh"
    "Aye sir!"
    "Yep!"
    "Consider it done."
    "Right."

((i'll keep you guys guessing on who said what))

And later...

RIIING.......RIIIING.......RIIING....
    "Phone. Connect." I said

"Koreteve?"
    "Yes?"
    "This is Jehryn. We whole-heartedly accept and by unanimous vote we would like to join your Durousseau Clan!."
    "Excellent! When you see Lavat tell him to join up with Auromonto. Blastfury to Magnull, and Niberrod to Automastimus. You and I will also team, as co-leaders. How does that sound?"
    "Sounds like you've planned this."
    "You have no idea..."
    "Thats no problem, I can understand showing us the Clanner's ropes. When can we come aboard?"
    "Why not today? I'll send the dropship over....where?"
    "Borealis."
    "Great!"
    "Until then!"
    "Phone, off."

The dropship went straight to Borealis that second that I heard Jehryn.

((dropship was also a treasure of war))

We all went on the ship to personally congratulate and welcome the group we christened, Animus Proelium (apparently after an Old Earth Language, meaning Spirit in Battle), and we named our team Divine Retribution (Auromonto's Idea).

"Welcome aboard to the Durousseau Clan!"
    "Glad to have you here!"
    "Hey!"
    "Welcome!"
    Malbourne just grinned evily.

"Glad to be here folks!" Jehryn said. "Now then," he continued, "Lavat, you will join Auromonto. Blastfury, you will join Magnull. Niberrod, you will join Automastimus." He grinned "Got it?"

"Sir yes sir!" they said in unison.

"Ok," I said, "time to start up our first mission..."

((TBC!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:38:40.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Auromonto and the Gates of Hell.

((Our first mission will include Auromonto and Lavat))

"Hey there Lavat"
    "Hey"
    "How are you today?"
    "Good, how about you?"
    "Pretty good. Ready for our mission?"
    "Yes, what is it?"
    "We're going to kill a few omni that consider themselves the Hellions. We are also going to sabotage their insurance."
    "Sounds fun."
    "It will be"

With that, we went to the lands of Avalon. Supposedly Clan territory, a few omni encampments have recently taken home there. We are going to tackle one of them. I sighed, as we had to go to the hottest spot in Avalon....not the best, just hot. Very very hot.

We went near the giant fortress. It had a gate surrounding it, and an archway in the middle of the gate. "Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here" was inscribed on the arch. I laughed and thought, wow, these guys are crazy. Time to send them to their Master.

"Ready Lavat?" I asked.
    "Ready as I'll ever be." He said.
    "Rush the gate." I said to Lavat.
    "Got it."

I redied my sword and got in an attack stance that was taught to me by the Redeemed. I held my sword with both hands on the side and tensed, ready for whoever might come out. Lavat might as well have been called Tank, because he had the arch down before I was ready.

A few Omnis came out with blades (Hellions were known to be exculsivly Melee ,with exception to Doctors, but they had to use melee too, when needed)
    "Bashing time!" Lavat said.
    "Im with you there Lavat" I said.
    2 Hellions came at me, blades at the ready. One swung at me, I parried him, and evaded the other at the same time. I disarmed the first one, KO'd him, then worked on the other one. He seemed demoralized with my taking his friend out.

Demoralized, not dead.

He came at me with vigor and a great notum filled sword. I readied a parry, but he shattered my blade. Enraged I pulled out a backup (everyone has a backup, dont they?) and sliced him in the ribs. With him wounded, I stabbed through his helmet.

"Let that be a lesson to the rest of you! Die without any questions!" I said. I grunted, and took the shards of my blade in my pack. Maybe Automastimus or that new guy can fix it.

Taking a moment to breathe (a short one) I watched Lavat handle business. He was amazing. He bashed in so many people it wasnt funny. Well, they were omni, so it was kinda funny. Then when he got bored of his maul, he pulled out 2 blades, and proved equal proficiency in them, just quicker. We kept going like that until we met the 'Avatar of Hell', the boss of the Hellions, I guess. He looked exactly like me, except I prefered blue and black armor, he has red and black. Lavat noticed too.

"Hey, that looks like you!" He said.
    "I know." I said
    "Its spooky. My own comrade looks like that 'Avatar of Hell'."
    "Dont worry, looks are one thing. I am a man of the Light. He made his choice."
    "Ok, I believe you."

"Auromonto, I've been expecting you..." He said, in a low pitched voice, almost daemonic. "....are you ready to renounce the Light and join me, your twin?"

"What?!" I said, suprised. "I will NEVER join someone who is in your field of warship...in fact...." I charged him, Blade at the ready. "Rest at the foot of your lord's door and DIE!"

He sighed. He concentrated intense heat at me, and shot it. Magma Fury....I'd seen Jehryn perform it on many an Omni, and it looked cool....but now Im getting the attack...and now it isnt so fun.

I got the full impact. I made sure of that. Lavat was stronger than I, he could take finish him off. I flew back to a nearby wall and made a large hole in it. I fell, on my back. I got up, charged him again. I blocked his mental focus with a little trick I picked up from the Redeemed. This time I slashed at his lower neck, and crossed to the other side almost instantly. He stepped back, phased, and I kicked him into the lava pool behind him.

"See you in the Afterlife! You cannot lose your former faith!" He yelled to me.
    "Renounce yours....you still have time...."

I turned back, and motioned for Lavat to follow.

We left for Old Athen later...we wanted to see what it would look like. We heard it would be different by time we left and came back....

((TBC, next time its Magnull and Blastfury!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:36:33.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Magnull and the Odd Situation

"Hey Blastfury!"
    "Hey."
    "How are ya?"
    Good....

Wish it would have started like that....more like

ALERT! ALERT! REBEL CLANS IN THE AREA!! ALERT ALERT.....

Me and Blastfury had just been teleported in to omni territory somehow...and Omnis were closing into our location.

"If we live, you pass, Blastfury!"
    "Got it!"

3 omni came toward me. I pulled out my secret weapon that Automan fixed before we came to this mission....

'Now remember', Automan said, 'if you want to blast 3-5 things at once, pull the switch up BEFORE pulling the trigger.'

Switch was up, time to blast 'em! DOSHEEEW BLAM REWWW! and 3 omni fell! My compliments to the Vektor Company...

Blastfury was busy as well, FullAutoing the troops on him. Down 3 more went.
    "Hey Blasti"
    "Yes?"
    "Guess what!"
    "?"
    "You pass! Lets get the hell out of here!"
    We took off in our yalmahas and drove towards Old Athen...we have to find out who made us go to the Omni territory....

((TBC!!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:44:48.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

The Rogue Agent

<Into Exactitude and Malbourne>

"Ok Malbourne", I started, "I need you to back me up while I take some photos. Ross' shooting couldnt have come at a worse time."
    "Gotcha."

I snapped photos for a really long time. Probably 3 hours. We had to prove that Clans had nothing to do with the murder. Just had to....had to.....

"Freeze!"

??

It was an agent. Cold, grim, and almost deathly-looking.

"I am Agent Naefen of the Disciples of Omni-Tek. Do you have a permit to take those photographs?"
    "No, I dont. And I dont need one either." I replied.
    "You are in Omni-Tek territory. You are subject to Omni-Tek penelties for failure to show permit to take photos."
    "Malbourne?"
    "On it!" He said.

Malbourne took the photos and took off in his Yalmaha.

"Costly mistake, telling your comrade in arms to leave like that. Your last." Naefen loaded his rifle and before he got a shot off I was gone. At least he thought I was.

"Show yourself, you coward." Naefen said, coldly.

"Ok..but only because you asked." I said. I took a clean Aimed Shot at Naefen in the chest. He vaporized, into mist.
    "Hmph....been fighting a ghost all this time..." I said, "Koreteve, I am ready. Beam me up when you are."

"Roger." He said.

(TBC!!)
    (PS. Thank you Naefen)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:45:10.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Leaders In Action

(Koreteve and Jehryn)

"Almost there, Exactitude" I said to Exactitude.

KSSSHT! "Permission to board, Koreteve." It was Malbourne.
    "Granted." I said. He parked his Yalmaha on top of the dropship. He then pressed a button on it, and it compressed into a sphere.

Another of Automastimus' creations. Modified Yalmaha. We all had one.

"Hey Malbourne." Me and Jehryn said.
    "Hey."
    "So whats this special mission that you and Exactitude 'had' to do?" I asked
    "Look," Malbourne gave me a little disc. I uploaded it into a computer. It was images. " This is survalence in and around Omni-1, Rome, and Omni Entertainment District. Nothing of interest....except here," He pointed at a picture of Rome, "this guy is in every Rome picture we have that is around the superior shop. He is here talking to this guy, looks like an arms dealer. And he also talks to this guy. He looks like a rogue agent of sorts. We need names, so we have to get a few disguises."

"Sounds fun."
    "It gets better. Exactitude and I are going to kill this guy, then sabotage his reclaim so that he ends up in our backyard. Then we'll get the scoop."
    "Torture....sounds fun."
    "Try crashlooping. If we find that he is persistant in not telling anything, we are going to yet again mess with his reclaim. He'll end up in Old Athen, right next to a guard."
    "Now it really sounds fun."

DEUDEUDEU....that was the sound of beaming, Exactitude was being materialized in my ship.

"Hey Exactitude, see anything else?" I said
    "Nothing out of the ordinary." He answered.

We were silent for awhile...and then....

"Hey Koreteve," Jehryn started, "arent we going to Newland?"
    "Oh yeah!" I said. "I almost forgot! Well, at least we have our star spys now. To Newland!"

(TBC)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:49:24.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

((SEEKING!!! Neutral for next act!! No RP experience required, just a short backstory!

Thank you!

Kor!
    EDIT - you dont even have to be Rimorian!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 11th, 2005 at 06:33:00.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Enter Legoryn

((Thank you neutral [name isnt used in the story, instead we have Legoryn!] who accepted inclusion!!))

((In Koreteve's eyes, by the way))

[our heros arrive at Newland and are 'greeted' by the commander, Legoryn!]

"Greetings, Legoryn." Jehryn said.
    "That is Commander, to you, little brother." Legoryn said coldly.
    "Yes, Commander. We wish to issue a warning to you about the Omni threat."
    "Omni threat? They are coming over in about 5 days to confirm reports of Clans like you taking out our guards for sport!"
    "What?!"
    "You heard me, and do not raise your voice to me like that." He shoved Jehryn, and Jehryn fell to the ground. "That was a warning, next time I will call a few guards."
    "Yes.....commander....." Jehryn got up.

"Commander," I started, "I have it on a very reliable source that Omni have an attack ready for Newland."
    "And who is this source?" Legoryn barked at us.
    "My Agent friend here."

Exactitude stood.
    "Here," Exactitude gave him a disc, "upload it, and you will see the footage and the voice I received. Newland attack is imminant. Also in the 5 days, like you said."
    "Interesting........and this is the only proof you have?" Legoryn asked.
    "Yes, it should be enough."
    "Very interesting....I will look at this and get back to you...until then....GET OUT OF NEWLAND!!" He barked at us, again.

And out of Newland we went....thankfully...but on the way out toward Tir...

"Rebel Clans. You have to land now, and nobody will get hurt." The cold voice....like the Grim Reaper talking.
    "Naefen???" Exactitude and Malbourne said in unison.
    "Ahh, hello my old friend." He said sarcasticly. "You have 1 minute to cooperate or you will be fired at."
    "Why must we land?"
    "We do not have to explain ourselves to you." He snarled at us. "You have 30 seconds now..."
    "Preapare to take damage! Exactitude, Malbourne, man the turrets, Jehryn, back me up! Autopilot, to Tir!" I said
    "Roger"
    "Received"
    "Got it!"
    "On it!"

((TBC!!))
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 14th, 2005 at 23:31:29.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Automastimus, Niberrod, and ship?

Jehryn focused hard, prepared to shoot at anything. I held my SMG, shooting anything that moved on the ship. We had just taken it down, and it is a pretty big ship:

"Die, clanners." Naefen had said, before we shot him down.
    "Not today. Not tomorrow. NEVER!" Exactitude said, and with that he shot many many gattling rounds at the ship behind us.

The Omni ship retaliated with missiles, but they were too slow for even this ship. We evaded all of them, or shot them in midair. Suddenly someone appeared in our ship from almost nowhere. It was Automastimus, and Niberrod, our engineers!

"What the hell??" I said, after almost shooting him.
    "What? Dont you need a -real- pilot?" He replied.
    "How did you.....never mind....we're taking fire from the ship behind us."
    "Ok. Niberrod, come with me, we'll take these fools out."
    "Right, Automastimus." He replied.

We all went to the deck where Exactitude and Malbourne were keeping them from shooting us down.

"Ok, Niberrod, throw a grenade in 3....2...1....THROW!"

Niberrod threw a grenade toward the ship and Exactitude pulled out his rifle and shot it when it hit the ship.

Ka.......BOOOOOOM!!!! There goes one of the fuel sources for their ship. And down it went....and now we are here:

The doors popped open. It wasnt anyone I knew. This person was badly burnt. Almost sad to see him die. Almost...

"You...will...d...ie......Om...ni......Tek....Prot ...ec...ts......!" And with that he fell, dead.

"Automastimus, can you teleport Magnull and Blastfury, and Auromonto and Lavat?" I asked.
    "Of course" He said.
    "Ok, nobody disturb Automan, hes about to summon 4 people to us...."

<Through Automastitmus>

I Focused.....Pictured The Satalites....In The Sky....Pictured The Transporter Satalites Beaming On Magnull. Suddenly, He Appeared In Front Of Me. But I Was Not Done Yet.....Still Had To Get Blastfury....Again I Focused...This Time, Blastfury Appeared. It Seems Lavat And Auromonto Are Together...Perhaps I Can Beam Both Of Them At The Same Time. I Channeled Everything, Not Paying Any Attention To Anyone.....I Saw Them Appear In Front Of Me, Then My Vision Went.....Black....

<Auromonto>

Automastimus fainted. Everyone rushed to try and revive him. I had everyone clear the room, while I did my thing....

"Wake up Automan. You know you smell your robot fizzling!" I said jokingly.

He rose, without me doing anything drastic

"WHERES ZEALOT?!!?!" He said, worried.

I laughed, "Hes OK, Automan. Just tried to get you awake. I do feel like its my fault."

"Dont worry, I tried to do something just a bit out of my power. But dont joke about ZEALOT....hes like a son to me!"

"Haha, ok."

<Back to Koreteve, again>

Auromonto and Automastimus arrived out of the room.

"Hes ok," Aurmonto said, "Just a little woozy from trying too hard."
    "Good. I knew you could do it, Auromonto." I said.

(TBC -- Still Recruiting For Whoever Wants In!)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 30th, 2005 at 12:20:43.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Interlude

So far so good. Automastimus is better, everyone is here. Excellent. So we thought...

KSSHT! "Koreteve....come in....respond NOW! KORETEVE!!!" It was Legoryn.

"I hear ya Commander Legoryn. Whats the problem?" I replied
    "You were right about the omni invasion. They are going to try and Omnify Newland! I need you and your crew for a mission. Will you accept it?"
    "Sure, why not. Whats the problem?"
    "We need you and your crew to stake out Newland Desert. If any Omni are going to come, they are likely to be from that direction. You should be able to see any ship, and use the nearby defense turrets to shoot them down. You will be near the whom-pah to Newland. You will have the 4 days in Newland Desert. You may use any of the facilities, with a 1/2 discount."
    "Ok."
    "Good luck."
    "You are going to need it, Commander."
    "Maybe...and Jehryn?"

"Yes?" He replied.
    "If you die, I will tell mom!"
    "Fine...."
    We all laughed.

(TBC)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 17th, 2005 at 00:13:27.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Briefing

"Ok guys," I started, "we have to take out the Omni guys before they take out Newland. We are the mercenaries, but hey, we are getting a pretty good deal. 5500 credits per person and 1/2 off anything we buy at the Newland and Newland Desert area shops."

"Woohoo!"

"Yes yes we can use the credits. Now then, Automastimus, Niberrod, I believe you had something?" I gave them the floor and sat down.

"Now then. Not that I needed it, but my assistant Niberrod helped me create these unique insignias. Take mine for example, its a silver skull. They add the same thing, just the insignias are unique. You all may draw an insignia for me to work with. It can be any size, in fact, I recommend a bigger one." Automastimus said.

Niberrod added, "Remember, that we need to get all of the insignias in by 4 days from now. So be sure you have your ideas ASAP."

"Good contribution, Niberrod." Automastimus said. "So lets get those insignias in!"
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

"Damnit...."

Day One:

kzzzzit.....zap! "Oww!" Automastimus said while trying to fix up my insignia. Insignia de coutie...something like that. He translated it to Insignia of Leadership. How he does that is beyond me...

"You know, if it is too painful you dont have to do it." I said, trying not to laugh. That was the 10th time he pricked or shocked or cut himself. Good thing for my revitalizations.
    "I must...not like Niberrod can do it."
    "Where is he?"
    "Some things are better left unsaid." He grinned, evily.
    "O....K..." I said, leaving it at that.

I left Automastimus' 'lab' (Legoryn allocated a bit of space for a 'lab') and went to explore Newland Desert. Supposedly very tough, I went to a Rhinoman camp. So many brute monsters. None too smart, and very primitive. Almost sad to fight them...but I had to hone my skills with something...

"Hello, rhinomen..." I said
    "What you need?" Was one of their responses.
    "I am here to issue a challenge to the rhinomen."
    "Crush.Kill.War?"
    "Indeed you are smart."
    Silence...then....
    "Do you guys want to fight or will you run like a weak little reet?"
    "We crush your bones!"

I prepped my SMG, let them charge at me. Blam blam, phew phew phew....KROOM...down. Most of the camp was down by then. Except one. He had a bow. And good agility to boot. Maybe he was the Rhinoman's answer to the fixer. He shot 10 arrows at once. I had to reply. I shot round after round on him. He evaded! And of course his arrows were easy to avoid.

He shot a few more arrows....SHIIINKT! one of the arrows sliced through my right shoulder.

"ARRRRR!! Oww...damnit! Your turn!" I said, and retaliated with a little attack I called Suppressor. I just unloaded on him until he fell. Took about 15 rounds. I cheered at myself. Guess they are a bit rough, but nothing I cant handle! Using the powers of Fixers all over, I loaded my personal Fixer Grid and left that place. I went back to the 'lab' and volla! Automastimus was done. I would have shaken his hand, if it wasnt so badly lacerated with cuts and scars that would make the Dust Brigade shake in fear. Disfiguring, to say the least.

"Err....Automastimus.......you are done, right?" I said, a bit horrified.
    He nodded. "Yes..now that I know how to do this perfectly." He handed me the insignia. "As soon as you press it to your armor, it will graft itself."
    "Ok Automan. Thanks!"
    "My pleasure....if you see Auromonto tell him his is ready too." He pointed to the fixed Fiery Katana and the Insignia. Looked like a blue sickle.
    "Looks nice. I'll tell him!"
    "Thank you."
    "Sure!" I left his House of Horrors, and went to Auromonto.

"Hey Auromonto!"
    "Whats up?" he replied. I noticed a bandage on his ribs.
    "Err...what happened to you?"
    "Oh...got hurt in Avalon. I'll be OK though."
    "Good...Automan says your insignia and your sword are ready."
    "Excellent!"
    "Im going to go to bed, night Auromonto...and I call the top bunk!"
    "Lavat is there now. Try not to yell." He grinned.
    "Drat...well, I can always use the top on in Jehryn's shack."
    "Sounds fun." He chuckled. He spat a bit. Blood...
    "You are going to be ok right?"
    "Yes, this coolant bandage works wonders."
    "Coolant?"
    "I was in Avalon..."
    "Oh, right." We laughed. He spat a bit more blood...

(TBC...you thought it was something bad didnt you!!)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 22nd, 2005 at 13:00:21.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

A New Friend

Night One:

[about 1am RKT (Rubi-Kan Time)]

KNOCK....KNOCK.....'HELP ME! OH GOD PLEASE....'

"What the hell?" I said, dazed a bit. "Jehryn....Jehryn?"
    "...wha.........?" He replied.
    "Get up. I heard somebody outside...sounded like they were asking for help."
    "Goody...why at..." He looked at the clock "1 am....." Jehryn focused some nanoenergy to wake up. Amazing what Nanoprogramming does. With his newfound alertness we rushed to see what it was.

"HELP ME!!!"
    "Ok...calmly....and softly....who are you?" I asked.
    ".....Nulion...."
    "Ok, maybe not that soft, but thank you. What is the problem, Nulion?"
    "Omni! Everywhere...."
    "Yes, I know. They are everywhere. But they arent here. We know that. Besides that, you look tough in your armor. Looks expensive. You could take any omni that come near you."
    "Are you sure they arent around here? They have been after me since I was fired from Omni-Tek."
    "100% positive. We would have killed them by now."
    "T...thank you...I was a bit worried."
    "You have nothing to fear. You have entered the camp of the Durousseau Clan. We treat our fellow clansmen like kin."
    "I am Agent Nulion of Alpha Omega. Also a representative of the Council of Truth."
    "You seem better now."
    "Yes...with all of the havoc with Ross being shot and now hes in a coma...and they got me for questioning! Its just so hard to handle sometimes...I had a minor case of dimentia back there. I should be OK."
    "You are welcome to stay in the spare bed we have."

Jehryn took out a little device and scanned Nulion with it. "His story checks out. Agent Nulion...Alpha Omega....Council of Truth rep. You can have my bed. I need to meditate, now that I am awake."
    "Thank you..."
    "Jehryn"
    "Thank you Jehryn!" He reached for something in his pocket. A cookie?! He gave it to Jehryn "Friendship cookie. A token of good faith and friendship."
    "Thank you"

[back in bed...]

"Koreteve?" Nulion started
    "Yes?"
    "Could you take me to West Athen tomorrow?"
    "Err...sure."
    "Thank you."
    "My pleasure" I dozed off to bed
    "Such nice people...." Nulion said before going to bed himself.
    (TBC...thanky Nulion!)
    Last edited by Koreteve; May 22nd, 2005 at 23:06:15.
    Koreteve Durousseau
    Killer 73%
    Achiever 53%
    Socializer 46%
    Explorer 26%

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast