Thread: Traders and Ring Prices! Must Read! You'll get your money's worth!

Lightbulb Traders and Ring Prices! Must Read! You'll get your money's worth!

Okay. There was a recent discovery that FC had lowered ring sales to shops by a decent percentage which upset many ring makers out there (myself included). However, there was a discussion about whether or not selling an item to different shops made any difference at all. It was said to have made a difference in the past, but after a few patches, was eliminated. We were wrong. Sorta.

Different shops really do effect how many credits you'll receive for all your hard work. But it's not like you'll get more credits selling to an Armor shop than you would from a Map shop. For my trader, I've found that it works like this. With a ring, there is a "normal" price when sold to all the general shops (armor, map, weapons, implants, etc.) I put normal in quotation marks merely because it's the middle value. However, if you sold your ring to any trade shop (Electrical and Mechical Components, etc.), you've just been conned, my friend. You actually receive less credits selling to a trade shop than you would if you just walked a few feet and sold it to the armor shop.

It doesn't end there, there is a plus side. The "normal" value is less than the past value for rings that were sold to stores, as most of you have discovered. But it seems apparent that FC truly wishes us Traders to stick to Trade skills. Simply because you can sell your ring for more credits at any trader specific shop than you can from a general shop. Reasonably more, especially if you have a backpack full.

Oh! Almost forgot. I did check ring values for every NPC in Omni-Trade and they all buy the ring at "normal" value. There wasn't a credit difference between any of them. So NPCs do not give you a better value.

Now, for my evidence:
    QL 41 Platinum Filigree Ring w/Perfectly Cut Silver Perl.
    Trader specific shop value - 12,570 credits
    "Normal" value - 10,775 credits
    Trade shop value - 7,183 credits

QL 37 Gold Filigree Ring w/Perfectly Cut Crystal Sphere
    Trader specific shop value - 7,829 credits
    "Normal" value - 6,710 credits
    Trade shop value - 4,473 credits

As you can obviously see, if you've been selling them to the electrical and mechical components shop right after you've made them like I have. Well, we've been seriously had. But now that you know there truly is a difference, we will never make that mistake ever again.

~Tatsu

I just verified that this does not only apply to rings, but to any item. I tried an implant and a Veknor ND Shotgun and they both produced the same results as the rings. Well, I think that's enough writing for me tonight.

~Tatsu

Good, and not

Thanks for the info, Tatsu. Nevertheless I will check what we not traders loose to this move.

Anyway, how and where did you get a ql41 platinum ingot?

So long,

Vermeer
    100% curious

Re: Good, and not

Originally posted by Maximilian
    Thanks for the info, Tatsu. Nevertheless I will check what we not traders loose to this move.

Anyway, how and where did you get a ql41 platinum ingot?

So long,

Vermeer
    The Platinum ingot was acquired from a mission off a dead body. They seem to be loot only from what I know of. :/

~Tatsu

Slight OT but here we go

I have a platinum ingot, IIRC this was created reclaiming something (a Ring or power I think) I found on a MOB.
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Thumbs up

Trader shops have always been nice.

Battlesuits were a huge difference, sometimes I'd buy bsuits from people for 50k 'more' than the shop would give them. I always ended up ahead a couple hundred k.

Still useful even though suits aren't as great anymore.

Run to leet yard, buff for Trading mogul, hop over to trader store and dump all your packs of vendor loot. I get a friend to give me mochams, a little easier. (can't unbuff cast until 190+ I think)
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Kewl

Too bad my engineer can't use that shop just one more reason why to retire my engineer and start a trader. Funcom will be the death of the engineer porefession soon enough:/