Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Click "Accept Mission", and *Poof* nothing.

Click "Accept Mission", and *Poof* nothing.

This has been going on for a couple patches: you finally find the item you're looking for, you click "Accept Mission", and *Poof* nothing. No message saying "You got a new mission", nothing.

You have to search another half hour to get it again, and cross your fingers in hopes that it lets you actually *have* the mission...

This happens about 1 in 10 times, Win 98 and Win XP.

Please fix this.

Thanks.

I have that happening to me as well. XP user here.

Heh... Yet another funcom mishap

Happens to me all the time. I use WinME and it is so damn frustrating to spend the credits and the time and the health of my fingers to click click click.. get the item and in a place I can actually get to.... then have nothing happen when I hit accept.

And so I double double triple check I have the correct mission selected before praying, wishing and taking a deep breath, removing all heavy (throwable) objects from my desk... then click "accept mission".

My girl has this exact same trouble from time to time, she using win98.b

Dont look for it to be addressed, or even acknowledged from your friendly neighborhood FookedCom, they are too busy coding an Expansion "Attack of the CloneBugs".
    The value of life is nothing...
    ...now death...
    THAT will cost you.

huge *BUMP*
    -------------------------
    Toorgs - Enf
    Reroll2002 - Adv
    +++

Same thing happens to me on occation and also to my bro.

This has happened to me on several occasions allready.

yeah it has been happening!!

*and i thought i was just hitting the cancel button on accident* *good to know im not illusional*

STILL HAPPENING!

...some things, like nodrop martial artist attacks, are so insanely rare as it is, but to finally get a mission for a QL 182 Shen after hours of clicking, and then to have the mission disappear when I hit "Accept", enough to make me freak totally the **** out!!!

FIX THIS PLEASE!!!

Thought is was just me

I though I was being stupid.. I have frequently collected what I thought were 3 missions in a zone (often rolling 100's of mission to find 3 with location/item combinations that I like).

I think I have 3 missions so I head off to do them only to find that I only have 1 or 2. This has happened so often that it cannot just be me.

I use Windows XP.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

I've noticed this only happens when I continue to examine the rest of the missions after selecting the one I want.

Here's when I get the poof:

1) Examine mission
    2) Select mission
    3) Examine other missions (and/or mission rewards)
    4) Click accept mission

If you do that, try this: close your 'examine' window. Select a different mission. Reselect the missions you actually want. Click 'accept mission'.

What I think is happening is that examining a different mission deselects your selection.

Anyhow, give it a shot and see if that helps.

They introduced this bug with the mission booth change that will only spawn 3 find item missions if you don't have any, 2 find item missions if you have 1 and 1 find item mission if you have 2. I hope someone understands what I mean, as I can't remember what patch it was.

In any case I have petitioned about this a few times and all I got basically was "yeah we know about it but too fricken bad". It has to be one of the most annoying bugs EVER.

I think this picture sums up my feelings about it

http://members.shaw.ca/junk999/stop.jpg

Originally posted by IronTide
    ...If you do that, try this: close your 'examine' window. Select a different mission. Reselect the missions you actually want. Click 'accept mission'.

What I think is happening is that examining a different mission deselects your selection.

Anyhow, give it a shot and see if that helps.
    This does not work. I have tried every possible combination, from selecting the mission and clicking "Accept" right away, to looking at different ones, to selecting the mission and clicking "Accept" five minutes later. All to no avail. If the booth decides to not let you have the mission, it doesn't matter what silly hokus-pokus you try on it, it still won't give it to you.

Oh, and by the way, IT'S STILL HAPPENING!!! PLEASE FIX IT!!!

Bump

Big bump on this, it is really winding me up a lot. You spend a long time looking for a long sought mission item then you don't get the mission. Please fix this.
    Tenk (215/14) - Happy Omni-Tek Agent on TestLive
    Iranu (217/16) - Clan Agent on Rimor (my equipment)

Post Somehow it don't go *poof* on me anymore ..

I have experience the same thing ... press accept, but no mission. Lately, however, it hasn't happened, and maybe it is because I:
    • reselect the mission I want (select another first)
    • view mission description
    • press the accept button for around half a sec or more.

Although I haven't tried to reproduce the bug, it is my feeling that it is the last item above that actually ensures my mission, or in other words, that pressing the accept button too quickly may close window but not give mission. If that is true, I would figure it is lag-dependent just like when sometimes your attack or sit button presses are lost by the server due to lag. It may be that accept button press always closes the window (local client event), but if done too quickly the server may loose the event (remote server event). Well, I'm just guessing here ...

I agree completely... I normally find it the most annoying when in a team... you are trying to find 3 for the same location (more or less) and end up having to find 5 as the buggers do not get accepted.

Ylara

Well, I think the most annoying bug EVER was the one where mobs were invulnerable to all but specials...

And it happens to me when I'm using clicksaver and don't examine any missions.

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX

PLEAZE

Exclamation

bah!

last server patch didn't fix this

maybe next one will!

FIX ........... lol you are playing anarchy online, they fix nothing, they just nerf

BUMP

Fix please, it can't be that hard to fix since your incompetent coders and inadequate quality control introduced it in the first damn place.

I've just had it three times in a row and it's starting to really be annoying.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast