Thread: Weapon Observation

Question Weapon Observation

For anybody using Obfuscating daggers.

I hate noticed that a ql 83 obfuscating dagger ALWAYS does more damage (both normals and specials) than a ql 123 version.

As the test, I was dual wielding with a ql 129 die kleine nadel and was attacking various mobs from hecklers in Ely down to leets in a Backyard. The results were absolutely consistant that the ql 83 version did more damage. (I made sure that all my setting were the same for both version in order to keep the test accurate).

Is there any logical explanation for this that you guys are aware of, other than the weapons maybe bugged?

Higher QL's scale attackspeed while they have low min damage still.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

Quote Originally Posted by kyleb
    Higher QL's scale attackspeed while they have low min damage still.
    So, with the low QL version I am always hitting for Max damage, where as with the high QL version I am always hitting for Min damage?

I could understand that on hecklers, but on leets in the Backyard?

Also, this shouldn't affect specials like Fast Attack. However, I can confirm that this is the case. I even tried upping my Fast Attack to see if that made any difference and I was still hitting for identical amounts with each dagger.

Oh well, roll on lvl 100 and the cap removal, hopefully that will make a difference when I can bump up my piercing skill again

you hit for min damange w/ both but one of em hits faster (the lower ql one)
    Something i wrote
    My agent Guide...take a peek if you need assistance

Evilsneak. 209/13 shade clan
    Ilyanius 151/2 adv ex omni now clan

RETIRED
    Currently on a small vacation on the fields of Kalimdor
    best of luck to you in game or RL life

Are you saying the actually damage from the high QL one is lower or the damage over time?

i think he was reffering to Damange over time, no weapon of higher ql has lower damange then a weapon w/ lower ql. unless you take mbs into consideration
    Something i wrote
    My agent Guide...take a peek if you need assistance

Evilsneak. 209/13 shade clan
    Ilyanius 151/2 adv ex omni now clan

RETIRED
    Currently on a small vacation on the fields of Kalimdor
    best of luck to you in game or RL life

The fast attack thing confused me, I thought one was hitting for more than the other but the low QL max/ higher min is the same damage I'm guessing after a reread, still doesn't make any sense on a leet though.

Clarification

What was happening was individual hits on the same mob were higher on the lower ql dagger. This didn't matter whether or not I was using specials or not.

This is because I found out the ql 123 was bugged. Having had this sorted out, the individual damage is now higher on the higher ql dagger which is what should happen.

Thank you for advice though about damage over time, this is something I may need to look into because of the higher ql dagger being slower. But that's for a later date.