Thread: Why am I allowed to post as a froob?

Why am I allowed to post as a froob?

But I'm not allowed to post using my paid account unless I buy Legacy of Xan?

As someone who has not bought that expansion, but is not a 'froob' (free for a month on a returning account does not equal free play per se), I can post here. Not sure about your case...

I think it's something new, first when the froob program was added Froobs was able to post in the forums, however a month or so after it was disabled, now it seems to be allowed again, which I think is great as long as people don't abuse it

Welcome to the forums froobs!
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

He's asking why he can't post on a PAID account when he can post on his fr00b account.

The answer is: ask FC. Come back in a few months and post when they finally get to your customer service request. I had a paid account that I could never post on the forums with and never got a response with all the e-mails I sent. So good luck.

It might be technical difficulties, when I tried to login I couldn't at first, I had to go and update my forum password on the account page- with the exact same password - until I could login here.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxterton View Post
    It might be technical difficulties, when I tried to login I couldn't at first, I had to go and update my forum password on the account page- with the exact same password - until I could login here.
    I can log in, but immediately get redirected to a page saying I don't have sufficient permissions to post.

My theory is that it's related to Funcom using Age of Conan to manage both AO and Conan accounts. I was directed there to verify an e-mail address change (which has been confirmed). I had assumed that they are trying to do something similar to the Sony Station account management system, where you can manage all of your Sony accounts.

When I try to manage my forum account there, I get the following message:

"Update Forum Login
    This subscription does not have access to the forums!
    Upgrade your subscription to get forum access."
    Selecting the Upgrade option, I get this offer, despite the fact that I have all expansions except for Legacy of the Xan:

"You will be able to have full access to Anarchy Online and all its expansion packs (Shadowlands, Alien Invasion, Lost Eden and Legacy of the Xan) for only €9.99 / $9.99 (depending on your geographical location). "
    So it hasn't confused me with a Conan customer. I was wondering if the same thing has happened to anyone else. If so, create a froob account, and then you can post.

If I get desperate, I'll try changing the e-mail address on my froob account and see if it happens again.

Edited note: I have tried up-dating via the AO Account Management system, and it says my username is in use. The password is correct - I don't get a login failure when trying to use my paid accounts username and password, I get a screen announcing successful login, then redirected to the one saying I don't have sufficient priveleges to post.
    Last edited by Tommarstorm310; Nov 16th, 2009 at 15:54:40.

I have the same problem. I have 3 paid accounts. I can post with none of them. I just created a froob account, typed in the info in the forum tab in the froob account, and I can post. Just make a froob account if you have problems.

Oh lawd I can finally post. WooT!

So do either of you have Legacy of the Xan? Or recently changed your e-mail address? Or anything else that might have required you to log in via the Age of Conan account management screen?

Trying to figure out what we might have in common that's caused this bug.

By the way, Funcom did respond quickly to my e-mail, and reported that all was well with my account. I replied with more detail about the problem 2 days ago but haven't heard back from them yet.

Are the paid accounts you try to post with active? I can't post with my frozen paid account. I doubt this is the problem, but you never know...
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

Yes, my paid account is active.

I've been remiss and should have posted here that Funcom fixed my paid account several days ago, so I can now post with it, although they had to change my user name slightly (added a number to it). But I'm very happy with the customer service, so do e-mail them if you can't post with your paid account.

<=Tommarstorm310