Thread: Give trading a chance

Thumbs up Give trading a chance

Hiya, wouldnt it be nice to make selling stuff for players easyer ?
    My idea is to have a "trading sign" that works like a backpack.
    A emty "tradingbuilding" would be nice too, so a player can walk in, place his sign and wait for the customers.
    You can place your items into the sign and other players can see that you want to sell something. Then they can rightclick the sign and see whats inside. Next they only have to talk to the selling player for the prize and the item exchange. Shouldnt be too hard to implement right ?
    Surely it would be nice just to click the item and buy it, like the selling machines in the shops but i think this would be too much work for FC and i dont see a problem to talk to other players

I would really like to see such a market place where lots of players selling their stuff and hordes of newbis fighting for good prizes like lions
    That would be great

biggest problem with this approach is that no one wants to sit around and try and sell stuff and *hope* someone will bite. I may have an item you want, and I can advertise it or set up shop all day, but if you don't come around, I may not sell it. In that period of time, I could have gone out and leveled or performed some missions and made 10 times the cash you would have paid.

Whatever system is put in place, it needs to be persistent so that if I'm not online or actively trying to sell my item, it can still be purchased. My thoughts? I drop off my items, set a few things like minimum price, sell price, and how long I want to leave the item. People can bid on it, buy it outright, or if it doesn't sell, it goes to the bank or automatically sells to the stores.. no hassle and I can be off missioning or be offline doing RL stuff..