Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Guide: How to acquire Tragic+ spirits

Guide: How to acquire Tragic+ spirits

The best way to get a set of high QL spirits is to use spirit siphons.

The process to get these siphons is fairly time consuming, you must farm QL 220 spirit type pocket bosses, kill them and if you're lucky you will get a high QL spirit siphon.

The 3 pocketbosses that will work for this are named Ogdan, Captured Spirit, and Exsequiae.

Ogdan
    can be farmed from Conflagrant Spirit, Enkindled Spirit, and Incandescant Spirit. All three of these guys are located just a bit NW of the Yuttos Inferno exits.

Captured Spirit
    can be farmed from Devoted Spirit Hunter, Bigot Nzaemihiel, and Pursued Spirit.

Exsequiae
    can be farmed from Bigot Helozabasael and Torrid Spirit.

The surrounding mobs of these dyna bosses also have a slim chance of dropping pattern parts.

You'll want to farm up quite a few of these, unless you're lucky it will take at least 10 pb's to get a useable siphon.

You must get at least a QL 249 siphon to get tragic spirits, it must be used on any SL mob of level 209, greater QL's can be used but a mob of 209 is the minimum level to get a tragic spirit. QL 259 is the minimum QL to attain troubled spirits, used on a mob of level 217. QL 269 is the minimum to aquire unhappy spirits, the mob level must be 225.

The levels I posted are the minimum level and QL to be able to siphon that level, you can use any ql siphon you want to try and get whatever spirit, what spirit QL drops is determined by the level of the mob.

When siphoning sometimes you will get one QL step down from what can spawn but never one up, I dunno why.

What kind of mob you siphon does not matter, I like to use my siphons in catacombs as it's easy to get certain level mobs alone in stairwells.
    Last edited by kyleb; Mar 26th, 2006 at 20:57:15.
    Pimpernickel 220.19 Shade Stuff
    WTB Ogdan/Captured Spirit/Exsequiae patterns 1m per part and always in effect.
    100M for Spirit Siphon QL 272+

nice little guide Kyleb, should be a big help for peeps

Yea, kinda pissed when i think that i left TONS of Ogdan patterns rot. On a sidenote, i got a 271 siphon on the first Captured Spirit kill
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Hum, This process sucks. And I used to think we were lucky cause we didn't have to farm PB patterns for symbs

I'm certain that for all the trouble we go through for uber items, etc, we are well rewarded as a profession. I think of a scale with easy to play on one side and well being of profession on the other. I think we weigh heavily on the 'well being of prof' side. If only every prof had it soo hard, then we could all be happy.

On a similar note, I was extremely lucky enough to have a Tragic spirit drop from Conflagrant Spirit. I was joking that I might ding 220 by camping these spirits. On the down note, I think these spirit bosses near the Yutto's drop the infernal spirit hunter pattern more often than Ogdan. Does the infernal Spirit Hunter drop anything of interest for shades?
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

I farmed a few, no siphons though.

The process does suck, but its all we got until they give us a better way to get high ql spirits. As it is, as we all have discussed, its impossible to get higher than unhappy spirits...
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

I think a time cost analysis would be interesting. Are the Unhappy spirits SO good that it would justify this lengthy process? As an example, is getting an unhappy eye or brain boost nanoskills enough to let me cast that next stun proc? Guess that's something I can only answer myself depending on my setup and access to OS buffs.

Atm I'm thinking that the only the spirits that give evades, add all off/def, piercing and abilties buffs are the ones worth upgrading in small increments. For the rest the exercise is not worth the small increase in the stats. Might be an interesting topic on it's own.
    Awwww muffin, need a tissue?

Got a Troubled Heart Spirit of Weakness off Enkindled., and a Tragic Midriff Spirit of Strength off Incandesent. And lots of patterns, that I haven't spawned yet....
    To bad I can't use them yet. :-(
    DragonShade
    Doctourobert Pretends to Heal...
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp
    RepairDragon Pure 100% tradeskills

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

How hard are these spirit PB's? what kind of team is needed to take them down? do I need an MP for NSD, or will just a doc work? or do I not even need a doc? could I solo them with someone to spawn for me?
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

Only reason I rolled clan, and not neutral or omni is because neutrals get shafted in equipment... And omni gardens are ugly....

PvM > Towers

Spirit bosses are gimp usually.....Captured is, haven't popped the others, but i think they are more or less the same. I could *prolly* solo him if i had a spawner (w/ my engi)
    Mad as a Hatter
    Devil Inside's official mascot

Thats good to know. Means I can just grab a random org mate, that isn't busy. :-)
    DragonShade
    DragonRifle Retired Gimp

PvM > Towers

Ogdan isn't soloable -- Too much hp. :x
    {Self-Moderated by Iolanthe}
    //220//19// ex nihilo, nihil fit

Proud Veteran of Tranquility
    RK-1's First 220 Hawt Solitus Shade
    Hawter than j00 and always right. Always.

-=Mottos to Troll by=-
    "I am Paper. Rock is fine. Nerf Scissors." "Shaddup before I smite you with scary logic bombs
    and keeel you with mind bullets." "You don't have to provide all sides of an arguement
    when the other perspectives are clearly bullsh*t."

just acquired a unhappy eye from a 227 mob in pen cata's

looted at tragic chest essence + <204 siphon from a normal lvl205 spirit @ yutto marshes recently... but probably this was just a lot of luck...

i got a tragic chest (essence) from the enkindled spirit, no siphons, think i was just VERY lucky, anyway back to farming.. hi ho hi ho its off to spirits i go (repeat till out of hearing distance)
    SilentSlash 220 Solitus Shade
    SilentSlashy 220 Atrox Shade
    Rarara 220 Solitus Crat
    Kinkypron 220 Solitus cyb0rEngi
    Nerfuuu 220 Atrox TS-Trader
    also FT. taxslash 200 crat / darkblu 150 fixer / freetrial 101 - fgrid biattch

I'm Back... again ^_^!

I guess the guide could be named Troubled and Unhappy instead, This is definetly not needed to get just tragics but I figure the bigger the better

Quote Originally Posted by Iolanthe
    Ogdan isn't soloable -- Too much hp. :x
    Sure he is, takes me only 20 mins

I've gotten several tragic spirits from the various inferno spirit bosses, and even 3 troubled. Two of which were the matmet arm and the AC hand
    I know of 3 confirmed drops of the troubled defense feet, from Torrid Spirit.
    Lunette 220+20 ninja on RK2.

My new avatar reflects how sad I am because I will miss Famine.

I guess a better name would be Troubled and Unhappy spirits seenings a set of tragic can be had without doing all this, still the best way I know of to fill a set of troubled and the only way to get any Unhappies.

what kind of mobs do u guys use the siphons on? ive been using them on random mobs around inferno, 1/10 times ive gotten a spirit, and its either one i alrady have or a pos =/

The pen catacombs are really nice, you just blitz through till ya see the QL mob you need and bring it to the door.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast