Thread: QL Question: Making a Mausser Chemical Streamer

QL Question: Making a Mausser Chemical Streamer

I've got a QL87 Mauser Particle Streamer that I want to turn into an MCS. I just picked up a QL86 compression chamber for next to nothing.

Can I use this QL86 compression chamber with this QL87 gun?

When making weapons, do the parts have to be the same QL (or better) as the original weapon?

Or is it like making implants and I can go down to 1QL below my original weapon?

TIA

J
    "You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion." -- Solomon Short

You can drop below the QL of the "base" part by a small amount. I don't know exactly what the numbers are here, but I'd guess around 10% based on my experience with a QL22 MCS which requires QL20+ curved carbonum plating. How this might potentially affect the QL of the finished weapon I'm also not sure.

Better than nothing,

~R~

Thanks for the reply.

ARe there any sites or guides to building MCS, besides the recipe book? For instance, if I wanted to build a QL50 Cheap Chemical Sprayer, what would be the EXACT QL of the items needed to build this gun.

TIA
    "You are not entitled to an opinion. An opinion is what you have when you don't have any facts. When you have the facts, you don't need an opinion." -- Solomon Short

Re: QL Question: Making a Mausser Chemical Streamer

Originally posted by Jeruel

Or is it like making implants and I can go down to 1QL below my original weapon?

TIA

J
    You can use clusters that are 10% lower in QL than the implant, I say 10% to be safe as it doesn't seem to be constant and sometimes seems more like 17%.
    Onariz

A great guide to making a Mausser Chemical Streamer can be found here:

http://www.virral.com/guide-mausser.html
    Vashti "Zikra" Clemente
    Intelligence Operative - SPARTA

Mwerevu, Meta-Physicist

Beware of pretty faces that you find / a pretty face can hide an evil mind!

I'm pretty sure lower clusters go:
    Faded can be no less then 9 QLs of the implant
    Bright can be no less then 6 QLs of the implant
    Shining can be no less then 3 QLs of the implant
    Sgt. Majikian - RK1 136 Meta-Physicist
    Officer of Omni-Pol

[Setup][Buy Me!]

Originally posted by Freshman Majikian
    I'm pretty sure lower clusters go:
    Faded can be no less then 9 QLs of the implant
    Bright can be no less then 6 QLs of the implant
    Shining can be no less then 3 QLs of the implant
    It isn't a hard number. It's a percentage of the QL of the implant. Thus with QL 10, you can go as low as QL 9, but QL 200 you can go MUCH lower (in the low 180s).

Arrow

171 shine, 168 faded for ql200 if I remember correctly.

Easy way to tell, try to combine a ql5 cluster with a 200 implant, it will tell you exactly how low you can go. Works for any imp really...hit a basic store and test before making a full set of higher imps, save you a lot of time and trouble.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things