Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you make/get Kamikaze bots?

How do you make/get Kamikaze bots?

There's a lot of chatter about the steps, but it's still confusing or flat out incorrect.

I saw Xyberviri's response, but it isn't "layman" enough for me... You take an image of what? The crystal, the actual BOT? Neither work...

And where does one find the parts? I have found where they sell the motion drive...

Making Crsytals is easy enough, but this is murder!

I'm pretty sure it is not implemented into the game yet

may I ask where the motion drive is bought?

Also you need to make the robot completely... but then you are not allowed to use it.. some RP stuff about regulations etc.. so instead u take a 3d image using the holocam and this makes some thing you can use witht he blank disc to eventually make the ..... shell crystal.... I go check...

The Secret Revealed - Kamikaze Pets I and II
    Description One should not overestimate the impact of the Kamikaze robot - the damage it does is a mere flicker compared to the massive blasts of nano energy the nano-technician can produce. Still, for the ones amongst us that does not want to over-specialize in damage; it can be a valuable addition to the arsenal. The following process ends with a nano crystal - only useable by the engineer profession.
    The process of building Kamikaze robots consist of two parts: Construction and re-construction. The construction part is divided into three: Body, Brain and Explosive
    For the Body, combine:
    - A Basic Mechanical Motion Drive
    - A Flexible Shaft
    - A Sheet of Curved Carbonum
    The parts should be approximately quality level 40 for robot type I and 140 for type II.
    For the Brain, combine:
    - A Nano Sensor
    - A Bio Analyzing Brain
    - A Personalization Device
    Again, remember that the result should be circa quality level 40 or 140 depending on what you're producing.
    The last part is the explosive. Kamikaze Robot I does fire damage, while Kamikaze Robot II does chemical damage. The procedure of making their respective explosive parts differs somewhat. We begin with type I:
    Use a screwdriver and remove the conducting wires and protective coat from an ordinary charge of flamethrower ammunition. Mount an Active tube in the safe air vent of the container. Now you have a Liquid Explosive Charge. Assemble two more Containers of Liquid Ammo and connect them to a Key Detonator.The result should be a Complete Liquid Explosive.
    For making a Complete Chemical Explosive you only need a Key Detonator, some skill and a Drum of Hydrochloric Acid.
    Combine the Body, Brain and Explosive and get a Template Pet. Due to charter LK-901-88 you cannot utilize your robot at this stage. You need to teach nanobots to build the servant for you. Due to the pure technical/electrical material of the robot, this is fairly easy to do:
    Use a hologram camera and take a 3D snapshot of the Template Robot. Use a Calculator to convert the data, from hologram- to nano building data. Transfer the Nano Data into an Empty Instruction Disc and voila: You have an Instruction Disc - all you need for starting to make a nano crystal. The process uses the Space library and pattern.
    For further guidance in the art of building a nano crystal, confer the popular 'Book: How To Create A Nano Crystal'. Good luck!

taken from Anti-Guardians
    Onariz

OMG! It does less damage than a nanotechnician? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA

Yikes, that's kinda f*cked up. I hope they boost the power of this bot, or it's gonna be useless.
    I don't understand funcom's point of view regarding pets. By nature, since pet classes have crap health, crap weapons skills, etc, their pets should be doing massive damage. The risk however comes when the pet owner is attacked. Putting the pet owner on the hate list is a good idea. Maybe even a range limitation so they pet owner cant sit 15 rooms back risk free. not like funcom would ever implement a "good" idea, but it'd be nice.
    slayerdroid with 50,000 or so hp. what good is all that hp when it can't hold aggro? At least metas have their enmity pets which do WAY more damage than the lousy demon. It occasionally holds aggro too. The tradeoff is the enmity only has like 9k hp. The engis should have a useful pet too I think

hmmm...

I know the Kamikaze robot recipie is currently broken, but some steps can be completed...

I've heard the mechanical motion drives used to drop in missions back around patch 14.0, and have not been seen since.
    Also heard there are a few places you can 'buy' these now as per 14.4.
    Anyone have some more leads as to where these can be found today?

Thanks again for any clues..

Zhenya
    Last edited by Zhenya; Jul 17th, 2002 at 17:12:18.

If someone knows where the Basic Mechanical Motion Drive is found they better start talking. We really need a bone to shut up all the whiners in the eng forum.

Where can you find these? Despite them being added in 14.4 I was under the impression nobody had found them anywhere - if there is a shop I need to know

Question Brembo? :)

Mr. Brembo, Sir?
    Was your post above a typo? (hope it's not a joke..)
    i.e. instead of "I have found where they sell the motion drive..."
    was it supposed to read "i *haven't* found where..."

If indeed you have found a place to buy/find these drives, please post for the rest of us here, since your original questions about how to 'take an image' of the bots were answered on this same thread.

thanks in advance!

Zhenya

*bump*

An answer would be nice Brembo

Here is a quote from Funcom regarding the status of Kamikaze bots and whether or not players can make them yet.

Originally posted by some dev at Funcom

Ah, I love how Funcom communicates with us so much.

Regretfully, I can't type worth a monkey flip!

Yes, it was a typo. If I knew, you would know thereafter. I assure you of this: When I know, I will post it on this thread just to make sure that it gets out. Even if by some miracle or act of God, Funcom decide to tell us anything useful.

I hate to say this, but this sort of stuff is why I play DAoC. There, when a quest or item is introduced, they TELL YOU ABOUT IT! They want you to enjoy the game. Funcom seems bent of not saying anything at all.

I'd like to give them a big ol' "Jackass!", but I don't want to be banned again...

I think I can speak for every Engineer on Rubi-Ka when I say

BUGGER!
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Talking Key Detonator

Hello there, all. I'm sort of new to the Forums here. This will, in fact, be my first post.
    Not to sound too STUPID during my first post...but I was wondering where I get this item called a 'Key Detonator'? I can get all the other parts (Motion Drive excluded of course), but I have been unable to locate this one. Is it sold in the shops? Do I need to take something apart to get it like with the Nano Sensors?
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Jeffrey "Mekkoid" Rouse
    72nd LVL Nanomage Engineer

Its in one of the weapon components shops (think its the ranged one). Looks like an incomplete sphere (and its blue)

Talking Key Detonator?

Much appreciated, Warlock! I found one right away. Looks kind of like a blue Thermal Detonator...hehe.

Mekkoid
    Lvl 72 Nanomage Engineer

W00t! I can warp now! *grin*

Re: How do you make/get Kamikaze bots?

Originally posted by Brembo
    There's a lot of chatter about the steps, but it's still confusing or flat out incorrect.

I saw Xyberviri's response, but it isn't "layman" enough for me... You take an image of what? The crystal, the actual BOT? Neither work...

And where does one find the parts? I have found where they sell the motion drive...

Making Crsytals is easy enough, but this is murder!
    Iv'e TRied making the bot per the steps in the book, But I cant combine the 3 Charges to make a Complete Explosive Charge.

the Blue thing in the Shope is aDetonartor Keypad. you combine three Liquid Exploisve charges then combine that with a detonator keypad, That is where i get stoped. Also i havent found a motion Drive yet in game.

So the missing Pieces so far are :

Inablity to make the Complete Exploisve Charge.

No motion Drive.

Beyond that you build a bot then use a holo cam on it to get a 3d Picture and use the Calulator on that which gives you the info need to make the Instruction Disc to make a Crystal which finally can be used to summon a Kamazi bot.
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

You dont need a keypad - thats probably where you are going wrong

I posted before on another thread about combining the charges. Last patch the way you combine the charges is by stripping a flamethrower ammo, putting a tube in it, then stripping 2 more and combining the stripped flamethrower charges to the stripped one with the tube. The problem is that it checks the QL in such a way that allows you a maximum QL of 2 because the flamethrower ammo only comes as QL 1.

Pipslag is right, you can only make the "stripped" flamer ammo to QL1. When you add the tube to the stripped ammo it changes to the QL of the tube, if the tube is higher QL than 2 then you cannot add any further stripped ammo (you need to add to more to complete the charge).

The final explosive can be made but only to QL2, I have three QL1 ones at present.

There is only one thing missing and that is the motion drive.

Has anyone tried making the chemical one yet? That one is much simpler to make from what I read. It needs to be at least QL 140. It sound like it is buildable though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast