Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bounty on RUR members

Jekor reads Tussa's press release and notes this passage:
    Due to recent developments, Assembly, a Sentinels-affiliated clan organisation, is now at open war with RUR and anyone who supports RUR.
    Jekor reads over Ditzie's press release and then reads Tussa's response..
    There is no bounty on any member in Devil's Advocate, Miss McCallagher, so you can unwind your stockings now. We have no plans of touching you or any of your crew, nor will be pay anyone that does.
    Why is it that clanners can't read? Nowhere in the release was it stated that Assembly put a bounty on a member of Devil's Advocate. Let me rephrase for you: BRING IT ON!

We will support RUR with YOUR blood. As you stated, any supporter of RUR is actively at open war with Assembly. The release was our way of saying take your bounty and shove it.

Jekor
    Last edited by Jhekor; Mar 28th, 2005 at 21:49:58. Reason: formatting

Her eyes fly across the official statement readouts. "Should I call for a session of the Board?" she asks out loud to the empty office. Her fingernail drum the darkly stained antique desktop.

"unwind my stocking?" she mutters to no one.

"Comm open, connection Charissa Jurik" She pauses and listens to the automated RUR service droid drone on and on, offering an endless list of message options.

She waits for her opportunity to choose an option, which never comes. Only an endless cycle of robot babble providing a detailed chronicle of apparently impossible ways to contact Dabblez. Closing the connection, she makes another connection. "Nevver? How long would it take you to assemble a security detail team?"

She nods and listens to Nevver's reply.
    Hattie "Ditzie" Wagner
    Director of "Devil's Advocate"
    A Division of "Omni-Reform"

Help, help! I am being oppressed!
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Ditzie
    "Nevver? How long would it take you to assemble a security detail team?"

She nods and listens to Nevver's reply.
    Nevver listened to Ditzie's question then blinked matter of factly.

"Well, Trybes is a little hung over today, but I think after a cup of coffee or two, which takes about ten minutes to brew and funnel into him, we can be ready in about a half an hour if you include getting him into a shower and changed out of his stinky clothes that he wore to whatever bar he went to last night and the bitter complaining about his head that will probably accompany the whole process."
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Have you actually stopped to consider why you have to remind people about the bounty?
    So far you haven't provided one shred of proof that our boss sent the crazy shade after you. Unless of course "the crazy shade that was torturing us said so" is considered proof nowadays?
    Senobyte: Back in business
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Senobyte
    Have you actually stopped to consider why you have to remind people about the bounty?
    So far you haven't provided one shred of proof that our boss sent the crazy shade after you. Unless of course "the crazy shade that was torturing us said so" is considered proof nowadays?
    Oh so the 2 or 3 RUR members who were at the sight where my leader was being tortured just happened to be there in newland in the same backyard...coinsidence? And the shade saying it too makes it also a coinsidence?
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Or the one RUR member who sent for help or the one RUR member who slipped a gun to your leader and stayed there to make sure nothing else happened till help arrived..
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

Quote Originally Posted by Mire
    Or the one RUR member who sent for help or the one RUR member who slipped a gun to your leader and stayed there to make sure nothing else happened till help arrived..
    The same RUR members that ran off when I entered the compound? Or the ones that pointed at the door of the building saying "They're in there."?

I don't recall any help from RUR either. Maybe except one of the slipping a gun to my leader...she did mention that. Far as I know that person who did slip the gun to my leader had no clue of what was going on...Ask *your* leader! Has she had any contact with the shade? Maybe if she would tell you guys the truth you might find a connection.

I find this whole thing a lot more than coinsidence. The whole oil spill, the Devils Advocate being contracted, Omni-Reform ordering to shut the case up.
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Quote Originally Posted by Legaron
    I find this whole thing a lot more than coinsidence. The whole oil spill, the Devils Advocate being contracted, Omni-Reform ordering to shut the case up.
    Assembly hacking into our system.. blackmailing us.. same set of coinsidences..
    Offer a flower to your enemy..
    If he refuses it, offer a hand
    If he refuses it, offer a bullet
    If he refuses it, give it to him anyways...

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

Isn't it just a relief when you wake up in the morning and find you didnt wet the bed?!

Beyond your perfection,
    beneath you and who you used to be
    awaits who I am.

Excess Radio! Bringing you tunage 25/7!

You've still not provided any actual proof though.
    So far the only things you've stated as evidence of some sort of grand conspiracy against The Assembly is the prescence of some RUR employees, (ever considered we may have been set up there too?) and again with "the crazy lady told us so".
    Coincidence is not evidence. I'm asking you to prove that the Shade acted on behalf of RUR.
    Or has justice in the Clans been reduced to relying on coincidence and the word of a lunatic?
    Millgram: Psychologist, anthropologist, gentleman adventurer and cheese connoisseur

I don't need proof to drop a bead on you.

Todays menu: Lead

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opens up a link with his DataPad

Codename: Tussa

Yes this is Agent Bloudless of the..
    Well you know..
    I am taking the bounty..
    Target will be the big fry..
    Dabblez I hunt..

~Bloud

Closes link and fades into the shadows

.. If I cannot get to her I will make her come to me.
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

You've still not provided any actual proof though.
    So far the only things you've stated as evidence of some sort of grand conspiracy against The Assembly is the prescence of some RUR employees, (ever considered we may have been set up there too?) and again with "the crazy lady told us so".
    Coincidence is not evidence. I'm asking you to prove that the Shade acted on behalf of RUR.
    Or has justice in the Clans been reduced to relying on coincidence and the word of a lunatic?
    I see you as a RUR employee take it very personaly that we have set a bounty on the RUR. Don't ask us why...ask your leader as I already stated, but you probably missed. Ask your leader if she had any contact with the shade. And if there weren't any proof...why would Omni-Pol fine you? Ever considered that?

Keeper of Assembly

I see you as a RUR employee take it very personaly that we have set a bounty on the RUR. Don't ask us why...ask your leader as I already stated, but you probably missed. Ask your leader if she had any contact with the shade. And if there weren't any proof...why would Omni-Pol fine you? Ever considered that?
    Noble Troxian:

Be not troubled by their words for they are in fear of you. Let your noble blade drink deep of their blood and let your sheath be their dead.

~Carminge
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

You may want to re-read the statement from Omni-Pol again we were fined for the accident in the Wailing Wastes. Not for anything to do with the actions of the Shade.
    Also again you aren't giving me any solid proof. You argument now seems to have devolved into "we don't have to give a reason". Now you'll forgive me if i ruin your preconcieved notions of how anyone affiliated with OT think but I'm actually trying to understand the situation. I refuse to belive the general opinion that all members of the Clans are fools only interested in conflict. However your actions are only managing to promote that stereotype.
    It's a simple request. Show us the evidence you have that RUR sanctioned a contract on you. You do have evidence don't you? Transcrpits of conversations? Photographic evidence of RUR employess out having a drink with the Shade? Ask yourself this, if it were another Clan organisation would the Council of Truth allow you to persue the bounties without any solid evidence? Somehow I doubt it.

You may want to re-read the statement from Omni-Pol again we were fined for the accident in the Wailing Wastes. Not for anything to do with the actions of the Shade.
    Also again you aren't giving me any solid proof. You argument now seems to have devolved into "we don't have to give a reason". Now you'll forgive me if i ruin your preconcieved notions of how anyone affiliated with OT think but I'm actually trying to understand the situation. I refuse to belive the general opinion that all members of the Clans are fools only interested in conflict. However your actions are only managing to promote that stereotype.
    It's a simple request. Show us the evidence you have that RUR sanctioned a contract on you. You do have evidence don't you? Transcrpits of conversations? Photographic evidence of RUR employess out having a drink with the Shade? Ask yourself this, if it were another Clan organisation would the Council of Truth allow you to persue the bounties without any solid evidence? Somehow I doubt it.
    I might not have proof of that...but have you asked your leader yet? Have you asked Dabblez if she has had any contact with the shade?

Keeper of Assembly

So no proof that we sent the Shade after you? Interesting.
    Also before you go on about it again I did ask my Boss about the Shade. She's as much in the dark about the Shades motivations as you and I are.
    So without any evidence that RUR had anything to do with your members being attacked, can you still say that your putting a bounty on all our heads is justified?

Because you have no proof of something it doesn't mean it's not true. We're not in a courtroom where only evidence counts as proof.
    First of all we have heared the shade say it.
    Second we have heared that dabblez has been in contact with the shade in a bar or relaxation centrum a short while before the attack took place.
    Third we have found out that dismantled bodyparts of our leader and one of our members has been sent to dabblez.
    To make things worse, one of your leetbots has exploded in my face. Now I can take an explosion like that easily, but if it where one of our other members he or she might have been killed.

These things are for US enough proof to continue the bounty. Not for this sort of court thing you are setting up. For US.
    Don't get me mistaken, Assembly has been talking a lot on this issue and if we should drop the bounty or not. For now, the bounty stands. Maybe if your leader would be willingly enough to present us with her facts and her truth we might reconsider dropping the bounty.

Keeper of Assembly

Amazing!

Because you have no proof of something it doesn't mean it's not true. We're not in a courtroom where only evidence counts as proof.
    So in other words, whatever whim you fancy at the moment is decided to be The Truth, and thereby good enough for you?

First of all we have heared the shade say it.
    I've heard it said that all clanners are rabid monsters who flay their victims alive and feast on their flesh.

Second we have heared that dabblez has been in contact with the shade in a bar or relaxation centrum a short while before the attack took place.
    I've heard that all clanners are ....

Third we have found out that dismantled bodyparts of our leader and one of our members has been sent to dabblez.
    But you failed to have heared her reaction to receiving said bodyparts? And here I though you heard it all.

To make things worse, one of your leetbots has exploded in my face. Now I can take an explosion like that easily, but if it where one of our other members he or she might have been killed.
    Oh goodie! I assume you have positively and beyond any reasonably doubt confirmed that a) it actually was a R.U.R. bot, and b) it under no circumstance could have been tampered with by anyone else than R.U.R?
    Finally, as I have the nagging feeling you won't even considered R.U.R not being involved in this event; did this explosion occure before or after you placing a bounty on us? Because if we assume that it was indeed sent by someone in R.U.R, as you undoubtedly will, did you really think we'd go quietly into the night? Would it be a crime to defend ourselves?
    Oh, I forgot. We are of course The Evil and should have the good grace to just go and die!

These things are for US enough proof to continue the bounty. Not for this sort of court thing you are setting up. For US.
    Don't get me mistaken, Assembly has been talking a lot on this issue and if we should drop the bounty or not. For now, the bounty stands. Maybe if your leader would be willingly enough to present us with her facts and her truth we might reconsider dropping the bounty.
    Ah yes, this is the best part! You want Dabblez to come to you and present her facts and her truth? To you, who have placed a very large bounty on her being delivered alive to your HQ.
    Are you utterly insane? Why on Ka should she expose herself to you? And you don't give a leet's ass about evidence, but you'll take her facts at face value? Yeah, right!

Pfft! You could at least put in an effort to come up with a better plot to have her walk right into your lair.
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Enough of this argueing. Whether or not we call a bounty or call off a bounty is no one's business but our own. This is not a courtroom, and we really don't have to answer to any of you. If the existance of a bounty is to be discussed, it will be between Miss Jurik and Assembly, and behind closed doors, not in the public gossip mop-up.

Until further notice, the bounty stands, whether you like it or not!

Jenny hammered the last message in. Mumbling curses under her breath, she slammed the terminal monitor shut and went to make a cup of tea. The self-served skybar had been delivered with a nice stock of tea, coffee, mineral water and other niceties of a bar. She missed a bartender, though.

Sipping to the hot tea, she went through the handful of bounty notices, keeping track of who had reported in what future target, and the little information she had about their progress. She would give them to the end of the weekend, and then close off the bounty. It had been discussed, but she didn't want to close it while there were active mercs after a target.

Looking over to the RUR printed catalogue of last year, she finished her tea and cleaned up. Time to go home and watch her favorite show on the holo.

Arguing? Who's arguing? Oh, that's right. You are! Amongst yourselves!
    You clanners! If you had

====

Shadehawk looked at the message again. "Nah, better scratch the last bit." he chuckled. No point in overdoing it, or next poker night could turn ugly!
    He edited the message then let it fly. "You still wanna dance, Madam Tussa? Well bring it on!"
    ... they gather, like big cats around the water hole, waiting for the weak and the wounded to stagger into their territory so they can exercise some violence, and feed their starving reputation ...

Roleplay? Sure! RUR.has.it!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast