Thread: Ghosts from the past.

Ghosts from the past.

((*sigh* looks like some parts are too long for the ingame storyline cmd of nrpb...))

On a nice saturday evening in The Cup in West Athens, Emma 'Koyangi' Aislers was lieing under a table, as always.
    But it was actually a nice gathering, lots of neutral citizens, two or maybe three claner were there too.
    In the middle of the gathering 'Koy' was disturbed by a weird message over her comline.
    Someone called her Irvin and wanted to give her some information, his transmission signature indicated that his name was Cochrane.
    When he noticed that he didnt speak to Irvin he accused Koyangi of tapping into other peoples commline, especialy into Irvins.
    After some confused talking, an engi named Mummu mentioned that one of his orgamtes first name was actually Irvin.
    Irvin 'Mister M' Cifuentes explained when he was asked about this that he knows an old friend, a wannabe Hacker, from his days with omni-tek,
    that goes with the selfchoosen hackernick of Cochrane. He said he will contact him to see what this was all about.
    Free Souls
    --------------------------
    Rubi-Ka for the neutrals! And xp for tradeskills!
    Rimor Roleplay Channel (/tell Nrpb !join)
    -------------------------
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

March the 20th, 23:00 Sol Standard Time. The Cup, west Athens, Rubi-Ka.
    "The Cup" is a nice calm place, a mixture between cafe and bar, in the middle of clan
    controled territory near the great ... well sleazy might be more suitable, city of Old Athens.
    Years ago named Omni-2 until the day when it was taken over by the clan, but actually,
    that hasnt much to do with what I was going to write...

Way back in the small room on the table close to one of the two bars are sitting a small group,
    consisting of 3 persons, of neutral citizens who are enjoying a quite night at the cup after a stressful day.
    Facing the door sat "Anamelle", an experienced female Solitus Adventurer, born and grown in the lovely woods
    of Varmint. To her left sat a fat small Nanomage Bureaucrat by the Name of "Mister M".
    The third of them was a male Opifex Agent called "Meldrek".

While Meldrek was dozing in his chair and dreaming, with a quite smiles on his face, the gods know about what.
    Anamelle and Mister M were discussing over topics of teh highly interressting politcal situation on Rubi-Ka.
    Things like Chocolate Chip Muffins and Steaming hot enhanced Coffee.
    Just before Mister M had finished the tasty muffin he got my Anamelle, an Opifex guy covered in a black cloak
    entered the bar. It was quite obvious that it was intended to realy hide the two big submachine guns under his cloak.
    He had the total stereotypical behaviour of a fixer on a courier mission.

After scanning the whole room he turned towards the three neutrals.
    "Hello there, may I disturb you for a moment?"
    Guessing that his friend Cochrane probably just sent yet another obscure and total useless plan
    to smuggle booze on the morningstar station Miter M replied with a little annoyed sounding
    "Maybe...". "I m looking for someone by the name of Irvin?". "so?". "Is one of you Irvin?"
    With a definatly annoyed sound in his voice he responded: "Lets say that obscure Irvin would be me.
    Who would be you? How did you find me? What do you want from me?
    "
    A little surprised by M's offending tone he struggled alittle with the words before he answered:
    "In that case, I would be Jeredric. Its my job. A friend of yours, in case you are Irvin.
    I have a packet for Irvin.
    "
    After taking a closer look at the rather young Fixer Mister M: "hmm... judging from your appearence
    you are talking about "cochrane", when you are talking about a friend of Irvin?
    "
    "Maybe." "I see...
    Ok, Irvin is me. What you got for me?
    "
    "Can you proofe it?" "What?" "My client said Irvin would be the one with the _nice_ chick."
    With a voiced changed from annoyed to pissed of he responded with:
    "Sometimes cochrane is just way too funny...
    Just forget about hte cick and give me the packet. Prolly some disk.
    "
    "I m afraid, but I must insist that you "show the chick" before I can hand you the packet"
    "Bullsh## Now get lost! Next time I see him I ll beat the living sh## outa him..."
    "He said, its a matter of extreme importance to a close friend of yours?"
    Beeing a little surprised he calms down quite fast: "Who would that be?"
    The courier steps closer and whispers into Irvins ear "Felix." which ends in a sigh from the crat.
    He takes off his green cloak and shows everybody on the table the tattoo of a naked girl on his chest.
    "there... Now what ya got?" Beeing a little surprised what the cick actually was, Jeredric just hands
    over an data disk with contained sensitive information.

Beeing a little emberassed that he had to show everyone, especially the nice lady Anamelle, the reminder of his bad youth
    that stood always in his way back in his days in the south, he starts to inspect the disc.
    Mumbling some random words like date ... name ... time ... origin ...
    "well well... that might actually indeed be important... guess sometimes it isnt too bad to have friends in useful positions."
    Then he puts the disk back in his pocket and swallows the last bite of the muffin.
    On the qustion from Anamelle if its bad news he just answeres with a "well its not good news..."
    and uses the opportunity of a little girl showing up in the bar and Meldrek waking up to chance the topic to something else.

After some time and some drinks the appearance of the fresh Fixer seemed to be forgotten, for now.
    The discussion about the newest jobe fashion for agent combat suits was more entertaining anyways.
    In the middle of a heated discusion about paralles between agents and rotten rollerratqueen meat the wristcom
    of Mister M starts to makes suddenly some weird an loud noises. Pushing some buttons his face goes all white and he stumbles up,
    mumbling somethign about leaving and hurry. Half way to the door he suddenly stops and look sback to Anamelle with a hunted expression on his face.
    He hurrys back to her and asks her in a rushed voice if she could pass the disk to Mummu.
    After giving her the disk he rushes back through the bar towards the door, storming out like the
    beast itself would be on his ass.

He took the Grid Terminal near the cup, used the emergency exit in the grid, and logged directly back in at the nlc terminal, just to rush through various
    nodes until exiting finally in Borealis. There he ran to the Whom-Pa station to Stret West Bank and went via Hope and Newland Desert to Newland City.
    Where he vanished unseen into one of the numerous small Backyards.
    Last edited by Mummu; Mar 21st, 2005 at 17:31:20.
    Free Souls
    OUT OF BUSINESS!
    Mummu's Sound Bag v1.19; A custom Voice Pack for Notum Wars now working with 15.7 html chat system!

(( as not every participant can post here, I ll do it for him: ))

March the 20th, 16:00 Sol Standard Time.

RIIIIING
    RIIIIING
    uhrs... uhmpf.. ..
    RIIIIING
    frell...
    From the depths of his filthy bed he throws his pillows towards the alarm, but misses and breaks a lamp instead.
    RIIIIING
    frell...
    RIIIIING ... RIIIIING
    Finally with a loud sigh, he crawls out of his bed, over the trash covered floor towards his alrm to shut it off hard.
    RIIIIING ... frell...
    He slowly crawls back to his bed searching under the linen for his gun....
    One loud bang later, he could finally enjoy silence again.
    Not for long though. he still had to get out and in his bureau.

He was now for nearly two years on a straight way down the ranks,
    since that incedent with this little slippery filthy crat.
    That guy had worked in the NOtum Export facilitys and taken bribes to help smuggle notum off planet.
    He found all teh proofe himslef, but that guy escaped.
    what a frelling disaster. Omni-Pol is a great place to work, but when you let convicted criminals escape,
    well you ll be the one who gets promoted last.
    And there are many Omni-Tek employees....

He arrived in the small bureau in Omni-Teks Outpost in Broken Shores. If they kept him moving like that to different offices,
    he would end soon in upper sttret east bank. He sat down at his desk calling his messages to delete the spam tells by hand,
    nothign else to do here anyways.
    Hu?! I have seen spam tells marked to be by Ross, Radimen and things that wouldnt pass the wordchecks on any normal system,
    but never by 'anonymous"
    he whisperd to himself. Awaiting yet another advertising for implants named 'Tripod',
    special nano enhanced enlarger and trox pron he opened it anyways, it read:
    "Officer Scilai
    I obtained some interesting information from one of my resources.
    Your friend Irvin just just passed through tir taking the whom-pa to old athen.

PS you owe me one."

Irvin "Mister M" Cifuentes. Now this might actually become a good day Scilai said out loud.
    Noone heard him, his collegues were alread on there way home, or to some bars.

He quickly contacted his northern resources, beeing a drunken officer hanging around in the worst bars all over rubi-ka
    could have its good sides. you know people that owe you one.
    For this he choose to take out his good uniform, never worn in the last two years.
    And to cover it his old dirty, filthy trenchcoat never washed in ages. with that I fit quite well
    into every clan town...
    He took out an old tracker, some useful tool that takes not only dna scans
    but also inject a very tricky tracer into the subject. Those small beast could submit
    not only position but also audio. Not that he is allowed to possess this, he won it at a poker game with some guy from InternOps.
    With this tracker, cuffs andd his trusty gun he head out to ICC
    and waited for his contacts to confirm that all scanners and guards would look into another direction.
    While waiting at the Whom-Pa station in ICC he went through the possible places cifuentes might head to.
    probably the cup, yeah that would fit, fatty going for some midnight imbiss... He mumbled.

After two hours of waiting he finally arrived at the cup. One of his contact even confirmed that he had seen some small
    fat nanomage entering that filthy bar. Now he would get that traitor!

Barely seconds after Mister M had left the Cup another guy entered.
    Big solitus, short, military short, hair. Brown trenchcoat.
    All his behaviour screamed for Omni-Pol. He havent even looked at the whole
    room when he started to shout: OK! where is he?! Stomping towards the table
    where Mister M sat just moments ago he barked: You there! I know he was here, where is he?!
    The startled groupe could barely manage to bring out a quite who?
    Irvin Cifuentes! and dont say you dont know him! Staring and the slowly recovering Meldrek
    You better tell me where he is, or you ll find yourself in realy big trouble They had finally recovered
    from the surprised and put aside the question: What the frell did that Omni guy here in west athens?!
    Now they slowly stood up and step up to him bringing there hands slowly closer to there weapons.
    Either you tell me where Mister M is hiding or.... All three answer with a cute and curious voice or?
    He opens his worn brown trenchcoat to show is black Omni-InternOps uniform.
    ... or you will get some problems that you hope you would have never been born
    Ignoring the quickly into a sabretooth morphed adventurer on the table he gazed again at the agent:
    And you little guy better take a step back. He took out some small techstuff, some sort of a scanner?
    and quickly presses it against the unprotected fur of Anamelle and skin of Meldrek.
    Either you coorporate or the next Omni you 'll see is a commando taking you to Omni-1 one for interogation
    Now. your last chance. Where do I find Irvin "Mister M" Cifuentes?

This couln't be, were was that little traitor! His men had informed he that he was here! Who warned him?!
    Its kinda like the last time when that stinky fat Nanofish slipped through, only worse.
    The two neutrals had fallen silent, only the small nearly invisble motions under there Armor/fur showed that
    they were ready to dance. And the filthy bartenders started to smile, probably just called some stupid clanrats
    to take him out. 'FRELL'. And that agents attitude didnt help either. He brought his face close to the other mans
    Read from my lips mister pink armor: You. Are. In. Deep. Sh##.
    " '$%&/(*''(/$)*'$=(=)?' " was all he could think off. Now he had to leave and now change to get back in the next weeks.
    They would increase the patrols and wont take and bribes for the next two or three weeks. 'frell'.
    Atleast he could mark them. He would head straight back to office and get there names, official and inofficial files.
    Everything. He would knwo where they are and what they are doing. As soon as he hears Cifuentes voice, he would
    get a squad to enter whatever zone that traitor is hiding in. His days in broken shores will finally end!
    Free Souls
    OUT OF BUSINESS!