Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluury of Blows and Agg Enhancer question

Fluury of Blows and Agg Enhancer question

Is the only benefit to higher ql flurry of blows the time increase?

Also, what exactly are the benefits to using a higher ql Aggression Enhancer? Are there any?

And a pet peeve: Why is there no message given on using these tools? It annoys me to have to reclik them to see "cannot use for 2 minutes 29 second, or 6 seconds...
    I like the game as it is right now.

Is the only benefit to higher ql flurry of blows the time increase?
    According to the description, the amount of time, agg-def, and melee initiatives that got boosted depend on the quality. The time increases by 0.05s for each quality. At ql200, the time increases by10s, which adds to the original 20s to give you 30s.
    Right now, the effect of flurry will not terminate till you finish your fight. So, even your fight take more than the intended effective time, you'll still be boosted till the fight ends. In case you can finish the mob within the effective time, you can go on to the next mob with the flurry still effective.

Why is there no message given on using these tools?
    There's no message in the chat window when you activate them. But you'll get a pop-up above your head saying "Flurry" for FoB or "Aggro" for aggression enhancer. You won't see it if you're not in 3rd person view. However, you can get a message saying that "Agg-def skill available" or "Psychology skill available" when you can use them again.

Mimi dunno where you got some of that info but, It doesnt last an entire fight no matter how much I believe it will heh.

Anyway this is how someone explained it to me.

All the way to Ql 25 the crit is 10%.

After that every QL adds

Wait for it.

0.057142857142857142857142857142857 Crit increase

So yah your right.

About 18/19% crit at ql 200.

So...

MOP 7%
    Scope (mine 9%)
    TTS 4%
    Ql 90ish FOB 13% (I dont think anyone can actually wear a ql 200, I maxed sneak at 650 or so)
    + 1300 attack rating (around that)

Do I crit and hit like a Bad ass mother ****er.

No.

They have reduced the crit increase from high Agg-Def. SO that means that using Flurries for crits is rather pointless. Their greatest use is for the speed increase on those slow weapons. Otherwise you are pretty much just increasing the chance that you get crit on due to the amount they up your Agg-Def and it's effect on your dodges.

Mimi dunno where you got some of that info but, It doesnt last an entire fight
    Sorry if I'm wrong, it's just based on my experience.
    Anyway, I did a test using a melee weapon with a damage of 1-1(1) with a ql 26 FoB. The boost in melee initiatives did revert back to normal after around 20s. But my attacking speed remained fast, probably because the agg-def boost was not put back to normal after 20s. My attacking speed remained boosted till the mob died, that's a total of at least a few minutes. If I want to stop the boost in the middle of the fight, I can press q to stop the fight, press q again to start the fight, then my speed will be back to normal.
    I think people already know that activating FoB in the middle of the fight won't give you the boost, they have to restart the fight to have the intended effect. What I said above sounds similar to this bug, just that we only care when FoB can't be activated, not when FoB can't stop.

All the way to Ql 25 the crit is 10%.
    After that every QL adds
    I remember that a recent patch changed the time of increased criticals given by FoB to 5s. Isn't it? Will this 5s increases when ql increases?
    Thanks a lot!

They didnt say "lasts" 5 sec.

It was some wierd paragraph, a bit like my posts....a riddle.

Originally posted by Mimi

My attacking speed remained boosted till the mob died, that's a total of at least a few minutes.

What you are describing here is definitely true, and it's a bug.

As far as crit increase, yes, I do notice crit increase using the flurry. But my attack is getting up to the proper level vs. the mobs I'm attacking.

In other words, they've reworked how crits work. In the past you could get an ithaca, have 400 attack rating, get UVC and crit like a demon. Now, they seem to have worked it out such that attack rating figures into the equation. So if you're low 100s fighting red mobs, you'll probably crit less.

When I fight dark orange vets, I *definitely* still notice a crit increase. But then again, I have 1k+ attack.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I think my FoB is Broken

Well it´s just that it dosent give me an speed increase or any effects when im in a fight using it.
    Ill have to press Q to stop attack and Q again to start the attack, Then I notice the results it give.

Anyone else have the same problem with it?
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Arrow

Yep. That is a current bug, you do not seem to get the effects off the agg/def boost if your already fighting (and as pointed out, they also don't go away until you stop fighting). My normal approach is to rage, fob, hit q or brawl to start the fight in the first place, can cap out at 1s/1s that way for about 20s, and the agg/def boost lasts the fight. Would be nice if it worked as its supposed to though...

They didnt say "lasts" 5 sec.
    It was some wierd paragraph, a bit like my posts....a riddle.
    From 14.2 patch notes:
    In a general effort to not have the increased critical chances the only way of success, the Flurry of Blows has been changed. Its critical increase effect has been reduced with 5 seconds. To compensate for this, we have increased the effect of the high level bonus to AggDef. Do remember though, that a high AggDef is a double-edged sword.
    It either means the time is reduced to 5 sec, or reduced by 5 sec.

In a general effort to not have the increased critical chances the only way of success, the Flurry of Blows has been changed. Its critical increase effect has been reduced with 5 seconds. To compensate for this, we have increased the effect of the high level bonus to AggDef. Do remember though, that a high AggDef is a double-edged sword.

Ok.......

Really, next time the person needs to just write this message in their native language and let us translate it using the internet. But anyway...

I decipher this to mean that: The agg increase of the aggdef bar has been upped, and that the aggdef bar in practice determines your character's level to be used in combat. That is, a lvl 10 character with full agg will fight like he is a lvl 12 or whatever,

Since that was compensation and is a 'good' thing, the other thing must be bad, so the chance of crit bonus was reduced.

"With 5 seconds" I am unsure of.... I want to think he meant percent, not seconds. Because if he meant seconds, then this crit bonus and the agg bonus are on seperate timers, and I find that hard to believe. But if he did mean seconds, then it is indeed still a 5 percent or less reduction in crits, since FoB lasts for 20+ seconds.

My experience with FoB...

I'm not sure if this is normal, but after I use FoB, I crit a lot for a while (not just 5 secs), and I'm doing ql 190ish team missions with 530 ATK, so that's not a factor...

where?

Okay cloudeh, i need a straight answer. Nobody gives me straight answer. What is FoB how does it work and where do i get it?

flurry of blows increases your melee init and crit chance for a few seconds.

Special attacks in shops or in a mission they can be found.
    Used every 2m30s i think.

Works well with challenger and a nice alpha strike on people.

Well used too....

They altered it recently.

The reason it doesnt wear off when it is supposed to is because inits etc changing while already started (after you hit Q) dont take effect until you start an attack.

Attack a doc in the arena to test. THEN get them to debuff you. Although you will have -2932094902 init, you will hit normally. That is the same reason flurry does not slow down, and why rage doesnt slow down when it wears off, etc etc etc. Of course, if you start a new attack, your speed will definately be updated.

It does need to be fixed, but IMHO if it does get fixed, flurry duration would have to be extended to a minute - 1 minute 30 or so in order for it to be worth it.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Aggdef influences your attack and recharge speeds. It does this at a payoff to your ability to be hit, have nanos land on you etc.

So with massive aggdef setting (flurry) you are VERY likely to not be evading anything at all, and be taking hits from people with half the atk of your evades. Of course, depending on how far your aggdef setting goes.

Back when it was bugged so it could stack - The AGGDEF was so high, that you didnt only get hit EVERY time, but CRIT, every single time. But of course seeing as it had a crit bonus back then, you'd also crit every single time you hit anything.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

IS FoB worth it now?
    And should I just get the lowest QL one I can find?

Alright then.

Am I correct in the understanding that the use of FoB does two things: 1) increase agg slider; 2) increase crit chance?

If so, then at higher levels or with faster weapons, depending of course on your initiative(s), the first part will at some point have zero effect. If, as I am given to understand, I am using a 1.5/2.0 speed weapon with 300 initiative, the speed is capped at full agg and any increase in either initiative or agg will have no effect. This may be mitigated by use of scopes or whathaveyou. I get the numbers from having read that 600 initiative decreases att/delay by 1.0/2.0 .

Then the sole benefit becomes the increase to crit chance.

Since I am guessing the first argument will likely not be reached because we will all be using scopes of some sort, flurry will continue to be worth it over and above the crit chance throughout a characters life. Moreso if he must already have faast attack, of course.

Anyhow, it would be worth it if all it did was make a neat sound since for most 1hand weapon users it is basically a freebie.

NOW Can anyone address the second part of the thread? About aggression enhancers? And tell me why our single target taunt nanos suck so bad....

You're lefting out some important stuff...

Ok, first of all, you forgot the melee init increase that FoB gives. Secondly, it is true that weapon speed caps at 1/1, however, most "good" weapons used by high lvl players are, for the most part, slow, so they DO need the init and increase in Agro slider.

Well even at high levels Flurry of Blows helps out incredibly. Even though at full AGG I max out my inits to 1/1; If I flurry and Rage I can drop to full DEF and still have a 1/1 time. This dramitically decreases the amount of crits/dmg I take. Makes for a much more enjoyable pvp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast