Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse

Logitech MX 1000 Laser Mouse

Does anyone actually have one these? I'm tempted to buy one just to see how it performs.

From what I have heard, it performs pretty well and most people recommended it to me(90%).

I bought one, and I'm never going back. I'm tempted to buy another so I can have it as backup in case it stops working and they're out of stock.

The LEDs indicating battery status is truly a great feature (only active when using the mouse). Gives a decent enough warning to give time to recarge the battery.

Worth every penny.

I have this junk optical mouse at the moment. You know, when I go over to a friend's house I notice how much easier it seems to be for him to move the mouse with precision. I never really though about it, but it makes sense that a better mouse would offer more control. The mouse I have now was about $9 and it's horrible. If I move it quickly, the mouse pointer freaks out and spazzes back and forth. It's as if the LED can't track fast enough.

I have an MX1000 and I love it to death. The LED battery indicator is a lifesaver, and the mouse has only ever freaked out on me twice... once there was dog hair stuck over the hole where the laser is, the other time I tried using it on my cordoroy pants. xD The movement is always very smooth, too.

My only real complaint is with the drivers; they don't let you customize the function buttons very well. That and sometimes the "auto scroll" buttons' feature will get 'stuck'. *shrug*

Also, the mouse is (as you can see from my pic) rather large, so those with smaller hands may not find it as comfortable.
    The above text may not be relevant to all contexts, read at your own discretion.
    Wierd flash game A slightly less wierd flash game

Level 220/26 - Trader : Zyphoria - Equip
    Level 219/18 - Keeper : Zypho - Equip
    Ragnarok - RK1 Atlantean

...Forever shall the trader in me desire the baby in you...

Playing a high level Trader makes Abu Ghraib look like a luxory spa and resort!

I have the MX700 which was the precursor to the 1000, and the only issue I've ever had with it is resolved by the 1000. Sometimes because I don't use a mousepad on a wood-grain desk, it would see the grain and start moving on its own. The 1000 is much more precise and doesn't do anything like that. I'd recommend it.
    "Yay, full team of 6."
    "With Jaszt's ego, it's more like 8."
    "Hey now, that's not fair... it's more like 18."

[16:28] <Escritores> Jaszt for president

Got one as soon as they became available, never regretted buying it. The MX 1k is generations ahead of any optical mouse, with regards to accuracy, reliability and all. Costly, yes, but as they say in Pulp Fiction: "You will see where that extra money went". Buy one yesterday!
    Last edited by Nephi; Jun 10th, 2005 at 12:28:08.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Razer mise have the poor quality of having too large and too sensitive buttons ... I would not recommend them for stuff like AO.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

i got a mx310, and it work great for me.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Member of Angels of the night, Rimor

Razer Diamondback vs MX1000

Masta and I are in different camps here, he thinks its too sensitive and have large buttons. That might be, but the Razer is more accurate and nimble imo. So to sum it up: MX1000 or Razer it all really depends on your playstyle

EDIT: I have both Mice myself, havent used the MX-1000 since I got the Razer.
    Last edited by Gonoc; Jun 10th, 2005 at 13:56:26.
    What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?

I have one since a month or so, upgraded from the old Logitech wireless optical, and like others said I'm never going back. It's awsome.

As for Razer vs. Logitech the choice was simple for me. I use a mouse for 8 hours at work and 6 more at home. If I have a mouse with a horizontal hand alignment (like the Razer or MS mouses, basically everything with an 'ambidextrous' design) I develop nasty pains in my wrist pretty quick. The asymmetrical design of the Logitech mice has always been my fav for this reason, it puts much less strain on the wrist since the hand is in a much more relaxed position. To see this put your hands on your desk in a relaxed position, with the elbows at a roughly 90 degrees angle, not with the palms flat, but fingers completely relaxed. Now look at the angle your knuckles make with the tabletop. That's exactly the angle the logitech asymmetrical design has.

Of course the drawback is it's right-hand only (does Logitech sell left handed ones?) but since I'm right-handed that's not a problem for me.

Don't see a game like AO needing much accuracy really ;P and with the absurd resolution on the MX1000 you don't really get much more accurate problem is, humans can't really use that much accuracy... I use the MX500, it's stable, large, has a nice weight, good to rest my hand on, has buttons that make navigating the web extremely easy and intuitive and it's accurate enough that I don't see how it could be better
    . I don't play much but AO anymore... I have no need for absurd accurasy, which I would not benefit from anyway...

It's really what you need actually. If you play alot of counterstrike or quake or whatever, you'd probably go with the razer. If you play alot of MMO and browse forums and such alot, you'd go with the mx1k. Or the MX510 to avoid the wireless problems... but that has been minimized with the 1k as far as I have understood.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Jun 10th, 2005 at 16:24:15.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

Back in the day I used to use a Logitech wirelesss keyboard and optical mouse but they conflicted with Clicksaver. Needless to say, Clicksaver was more important so the Logitech stuff got replaced with non-Logitech wired equipment.

Does Logitech still conflict with Clicksaver? Could my old equipment be resurrected with new drivers? When I stopped using them, the then current drivers still conflicted with Clicksaver.
    RK1 ~Knights Templar~ General
    Goonn, 207 Fixer
    Mairibeth, 182 ENG // Revcove, 182 MP
    Koave, 135 ADV // Noaille, 145 Agent

Gaute Godager: There is no camping in Shadowlands.
    Phazeblyght: So... no camping in SL... that means people 'get a room'

Drivers?! I threw that stuff out with the package the mouse (and my logitech KB) came in... Causes lots of conflicts with this and that, and it's not needed. I don't ues the special extra buttons on the KB and all buttons on the mouse work just as they're supposed to, except one that was useless with Mouseware installed anyway

And wireless sucks anyway imo of course
    The Red Brotherhood

I have one. The only big difference I noticed is that it works well on glass and other shiny/smooth surfaces. It's a nice mouse, but if you don't have a glass desk (I do) or dislike cordless mice, you might like the corded and optical MX518 better.

Razer vs Logitech: The Razer mice are very accurate and, well for lack of a better word, nimble. But, I find them uncomfortable and a little awkward to use for long periods of time.
    Gimped TL7 trader of Synergy Factor.

Account Status: Cancelled.

the 1000 rocks. Get it. Youll love it.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Try it, you'll like it.

I bought one for home and loved it so much I bought another for my office.
    Madorina - Clan Meta-Physicist RETIRED
    Madrocks - Clan Soldier
    Bethaney - Clan Doctor In psychotherapy
    Madkeep - Clan Keeper

Quote Originally Posted by Turin
    the 1000 rocks. Get it. Youll love it.
    Alright, I'm going out to buy one now.

bump for the mx1000. hugely accurate zero lag and great batterylife, do it you wont regret it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast