Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weapons in PvM

Weapons in PvM

Intro:
    As far as I know, everyone want to do some dmg with there own weapons...
    I know from experience that DoTs is the biggest dmg from docs, but there has to be some of the new/old weapons that is still useable.

It would be realy good if you as a doc could shear your experience with the rest of us. So if you could post any information about anyof these weapons(listed under) it would be great , please remember to add Attackrating and +damage(if you are telling about your dmg output). Thanks

This post if written in 2005, based on AnarchyOnline Classic, NotumWars ShadowLands, AlienInvation. Time will change and new weapon might come.

Usefull links:

RANGE:

Melee:

maybe I like guns and weapons to much?
    Last edited by ForumTroll; May 31st, 2007 at 08:38:10.
    R.I.P Mafia1337. You were to young to be knocking on Heavens door.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I always wanted an Exceptional Mother Nitrogena for my doc. Just hard to convince people to raid Dust Brigade mobs. So, I never got one. Maybe I'll try for one again sometime, just to be DIFFERENT!
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

Quote Originally Posted by Morphinee
    I always wanted an Exceptional Mother Nitrogena for my doc. Just hard to convince people to raid Dust Brigade mobs. So, I never got one. Maybe I'll try for one again sometime, just to be DIFFERENT!
    I got one, never tryed it tho

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

No Shotguns???

That's all I've really ever used. It's certainly not the best damage output we'll get from a weapon, but I've only dabbled with a two other weapon setups (Sword of Dawn + Pensive, and Dual Fluxes). I was extremely unimpressed with the Flux Pistol combo, and if I enjoyed melee more (and had more IPR points) I may have stuck with a Sword of Dawn + other weapon combination (SoD has nice damage).

I IPR'd Pistol, Multi Ranged, Melee Energy and Multi Melee before I had enough time to try other weapons in those categories though. Shotgun has always been "just fine" for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheffy
    No Shotguns???

That's all I've really ever used. It's certainly not the best damage output we'll get from a weapon, but I've only dabbled with a two other weapon setups (Sword of Dawn + Pensive, and Dual Fluxes). I was extremely unimpressed with the Flux Pistol combo, and if I enjoyed melee more (and had more IPR points) I may have stuck with a Sword of Dawn + other weapon combination (SoD has nice damage).

I IPR'd Pistol, Multi Ranged, Melee Energy and Multi Melee before I had enough time to try other weapons in those categories though. Shotgun has always been "just fine" for me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    hmm shotgun must have slipped from my mind lol ;P
    I'll do a update after some hecklers

Update list: shotgun, 1he, 1hb, 2he, 2hb, piercing

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

About the pistol for docs, at the end game you can wear easy a ql 250+ (even more if you have all the right items, but for someone who dont have them 250 can be reached) for a main gun and a 190+ for your offhand gun. About the specials, fling is fast capped, if you dont have a full sharp shooter armor fling on the main gun may be a better option, but for the lucky one who have over 1300 burst skill, burst is then a better option on the main gun.
    Whats so great abpout pistols is the much higher AR (1500 self atm, but it can still be boosted more) you have with it. When you hunt some really hard mobs you dont have the time to dot at all (lvl 250+). Your only dmg comes from your weapons.
    Nardil - Doc 220/19 Equip
    Lepida - Adv 220/16
    Astrobug - Fix 140/13

Updated list: shotgun, 1he, 1hb, 2he, 2hb, MeleeEnergy, Piercing

If you find the thread usefull , add it to the sticky link page for new/experienced docs please Sheffy
    Last edited by ForumTroll; Mar 5th, 2005 at 13:18:27.

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Great post, pistols are good choice in a way, endgame you could able to equip ql 300 pistol as a doc.. just for a side note
    Disquast - 218 | Doctor - - - Keelhaul - 220 | Soldier
    Black Dawn Syndicate - http://blackdawn.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Disq
    Great post, pistols are good choice in a way, endgame you could able to equip ql 300 pistol as a doc.. just for a side note
    but it can be rather borring to use flux from lvl 150->220/30

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

I was meaning alien pistol
    you could reach to 2001 Pistol but It's.. sorta boring and too much to do hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Disq
    I was meaning alien pistol
    you could reach to 2001 Pistol but It's.. sorta boring and too much to do hehe
    ah, hehe, yeah that would be nice to have ^^
    never used them, are the dmg any good(at diffrent qls) ?=)

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Quote Originally Posted by ForumTroll
    Updated list: shotgun, 1he, 1hb, 2he, 2hb, MeleeEnergy, Piercing

If you find the thread usefull , add it to the sticky link page for new/experienced docs please Sheffy
    Done Wooo! My first edit on here
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

About the sharky bow. You should be able to make it. just add a viral weapon upgrade to a normal kevlar bow. Oh, and btw, Punishment Rod is enforcer only
    Last edited by Regidoc; Mar 5th, 2005 at 18:32:23.
    Kacey "Regidoc" Stych
    Former President of Valor Eternal and joined it's ranks again!
    {doc setup} {enforcer setup}
    {doc perks} {enforcer perks}
    Alts:Chiana "Infinitenull" Natsume, Rien "Daeminess" Shaina, Little "Miissy" Smith, Preytorian
    Your type is: SEA. 11% of respondents so far fall into that type. Socializer 73% Explorer 66% Achiever 46% Killer 13%
    System Message: Offline message from Means on Sat 17 Nov 2007 19:48 GMT: Means: This lag is really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Regidoc
    Punishment Rod is enforcer only
    hmm maybe.. I'll remve it.. I just did it in a hurry, and added those names I could rememeber ,)

and thanks for adding it Regidoc

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Maw is quite good for docs until very high SLevels...
    Pompidou, Vanguard - Setup
    Zitrone, Deity (?) - PvP PvM

AO PvP Guide for beginners (by Silentslash)
    Waiting for LostEden... if it ever comes out!

Question: Is Smg any valid choice for docs today?

Zolic
    Infizicator
    WillItSmash

Well I don't think it does for me..

SMG uses Chest, Right arm and R hand spots for implanting whichi is pretty important implant spots even tho I use right arm and right hand for heavy weapons I wouldnt give up on my chest

buffs are limited and items are limited aswell..

In the end game (ranged point of view) pistol is the best way to go. If you are the lucky owner of some supple armor you can get a ql 290+ main pistol (not in EO self buffed in the goal). The min dmg on these babies are way higher then the mbc and so on. You can nearly cap the burst recycle also. Its just a pain to get all the items so you can use it self buffed and not in OE.
    Last edited by nardil; Mar 7th, 2005 at 09:29:14.
    Nardil - Doc 220/19 Equip
    Lepida - Adv 220/16
    Astrobug - Fix 140/13

woo, info on using bows on docs! Couldn't find it elsewhere. Gotta love them stickies in the Doc board eh?

Best PvM weapons for doc (high-level) are imo:

- dual Kyr Ozch Pistols 1/4 (especially if Opifex)
    - Massive Bolt Charger (especially if Opifex or Atrox)
    - Maul of Menestyr (Atrox only)
    - dual Sword of Dusk/Dawn (Especially if nanomage)
    - dual Kyr Ozch Energy Hammers 112 (Especially if nanomage)
    - Kyr Ozch Energy Sword 76 (Especially if nanomage)

EDIT: Attack rating with MBC is about 1400 atm, with 1 piece of Commando, 1 piece of Supple and 8 levels in Heavy Artillery (I stopped bothering to max it, cause I need AT3 too often ). HW is triple-imped; ql 300 bright, 294 faded and 288 shiny. Regular Damage is 1030-1200, double that in Crits and triple that in Burst. Fling/Burst recharge is 6/9 sec.
    Last edited by Tchaalina; Jun 2nd, 2005 at 20:59:05.
    ACCOUNT STATUS
    Cancelled

WoW ftw.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast