Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415

Thread: Role of the NT

Yep, that is exactly what I would use it for as I said above. Cast it and run for the nearest zone wall and hope I make it within those 25 secs or else splat.

Very limited usage thanks to FC always giving us bread crumbs but those bread crumbs comes with a nerf, errr mold, and FC says to have a nice dinner.

some problems ive noticed with NTs:

Dmg Scaling: You guys have got this all wrong. Sure we get DDs that deal up to 4,066 dmg as the nano says but, 8s cast time. Its very very very difficult to get 1/1 with NTs in comparison to other profs, and thanks to SL (especially in the higher tiers in SL e.g. pen) we hit for min dmg all the time anyway. NTs need a boost in this department, very bad because they are after all, the ones who are supposed to be using amazingly powerful nano technology. The way it is now, NTs come second to last in the DD, all the time...(only above docs or crats) apparently

idea: remove the cast speed cap on the SL nanos, theyre good, but the cap on the cast time really lowers NTs dd capabilities. This way, NTs can work on getting Viral compilers etc and twinking their nano init. to become uber. At the moment, unlike other profs, the items that NTs can use can barely increase their effectiveness simply because their means of dealing damage are not that great anyway...

for example, an MA with full alien gear would rock really hard compared to an MA with GMW and chosen for example because they get higher AR and therefore do more damage, an NT with full alien gear will...sure theyll get more nano skills and be able to use stronger nanos (well not so much now BECAUSE THE SL NANOS ARE LEVEL LOCKED ANYWAY), but wont be much better than an NT in different gear, know what i mean?

Utility: pnh/ior...great, hey MPs, keepers even traders can replenish the teams nanos, ior? Uh MP web is 3% less than ior, big whuff, at least the MP has uber pets and can CI!. This needs to be taken into account.

Seems the only thing NTs are becoming useful for nowadays is making cash...by providing NS for tips because there are elss and less NTs out there everyday...

welll thats my 2cents

p.s. some of my points were made based on points made by some orgmates

As Nyoestro said, damage wise we suck. Not so much blaming the nukes per say, but it does seem like the SL nukes were balanced off other profs NW stuff. Oops, they got a huge upgrade in SL also, and guess what, damage for everyone not an NT also went through the roof in AI compared to us...we got urmm, some DoTs and some buffs hmm, oh a piddly lil twink to the deck...amazingly pathetic really.

Not so sure on the removing of the caste time things, maybe. But its still the recharge on them which is the utter pig. Even if we could rack up a high enough init without a cap we'ld still be nerfed by the evil inits.

Black holes, human casting, lag. Unlike ever other profession who is able to make damage which will continue to be made, even if specials are delayed due to server lag and other issues, damage will continue to be made by them. With us, any slight delay = no damage. Not less....we get none at all. Only "simple" solution to the lag issue is everytime we fire a nano, its then automatically refired on the server till either the mobs dead, we're dead, or we fire off a different nano. The one server side just keeps on being cycled and we're on the same rules as everyone else then.

Int buffs. Nice yes. But we have never been a buff profession. We are one thing, and one thing only. DAMAGE! Nothing less, nothing more.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I think NT role is pure and simple. Absolute top damage dealer. That spot is owned by shades now, who have evades, ar drains, debuffs, and life taps. So they have good defense with incredible damage. NT have no defense, and poor damage. Leave the defense in place, but put the damage significantly above shades, who share none of the disadvantages of NT's.
    Slimsobe retired 220 opifex trader General of New Movement
    Oneeyedjim 175 nanomage crat

"You will never understand bureaucracies until you understand that for bureaucrats procedure is everything and outcomes are nothing."

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    I think NT role is pure and simple. Absolute top damage dealer. That spot is owned by shades now, who have evades, ar drains, debuffs, and life taps. So they have good defense with incredible damage. NT have no defense, and poor damage. Leave the defense in place, but put the damage significantly above shades, who share none of the disadvantages of NT's.
    Nope nope nope as far as the devs are concerned we have nano sheild now we're alll set for balance.. we have it all (LOL, they are noobs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by sobeguy
    I say take away Nullity Sphere even and give us the glass cannon role pure and simple, DD with little def. I loved my NT in early TL4 because it was a challenge to stay alive and manage aggro. Now I sit on LFT for hours until theres no crats around.

Then again why need to take away nullity sphere it freakin roots us and every other DD prof has some sort of better defensive tool anyway.
    RK1 Omni
    220/24 NT
    212/14 Keeper
    172/12 Advie
    150/5 Shade
    various lowbies

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    Nope nope nope as far as the devs are concerned we have nano sheild now we're alll set for balance.. we have it all (LOL, they are noobs)
    Very much so. They're probably thinking, 'lower damage, but it's a ranged profession. seems balanced!' and utterly forgetting just about every high level melee critter has a 40m range so there really isn't much of a difference between ranged and melee profs.

But more likely they're just not even thinking about the NT at all. I mean, it's just a profession for power leveling lower toons, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Thank you. This is almost exactly how I see NT working. A skilled player would with the right means be able to solo effectively should such a toolset be in working order, as was demonstrated pre-SL.
    but i have seen nts as being in support role a lot of the time
    nicolenn 220 nanomage nano tech

you necro'ing ass
    ____ Equipment
    Kopo: There's nothing wrong with the (NT) profession itself, it's just that the other 99.9% of us playing it are deluded & incompetent.
    Unzipped: I'm right, Schmorgi is right... everyone else is wrong and /org lazy.... yep... that pretty much sums up my thoughts.
    Mangle: .... even still the leveling curve seems steep. Why must there be an exponential leveling curve? Who the hell invented that crap with MMOs to begin with?
    deniska: malewerecat h8 for making me agree with Masta
    sobeguy:Anyhow, Marius was evil regardless. Gaute was evil too. They are like, the Bat Man and Robin of evil. They probably run around in tights and masks, making vaguely homoerotic comments, and generally meddling anywhere people are trying to have fun!
    Righteous:Sil is in the kitchen making some sandwiches, he says you're lying and doesn't know who you are.
    Sephiroth:you managed to bother two people with one sentence. Nice
    I Remember The Missing: Nepenthia, Naraya, Satenia.

I think lower level NTs complaining about damage should just equip a damn weapon.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

That might work for TLs 5 and 6, but not at TL 7. Using weapons + RB barely improves damage, and yields diminishing returns as you level. TL7 NT damage without DM just sucks, no matter what equipment you're using.
    Axtilmor - 220/25 NT
    Sulstiare - 209/20 Engy

A proud member of Circle G

Quote Originally Posted by Soosis View Post
    #1: STOP comparing Real life to a Game. Gun barrels in AO are made out of fuzzy bunnyrabits from hell, that dont melt even after 10 hours of consecutive shooting <- closer to truth, than what you are saying.

pvm: NT's at tl5 are support ... NT's at tl7 are DD

pvp: NT's at tl5 are weird ... NT's at tl7 are OP

the end.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Hm.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415