Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Role of the NT

More effective in a team...

If (NT.ql <190){
    ----powerlevel(usefullToons)
    }else{
    ----if(NT==you.BiggestToon AND you.foolLikeME AND you.willBePlayingWithOrchestraWhileBoatSinks){
    --------keepLoosingYourTime()
    ----}else{
    --------delete(NT)
    ----}
    }

Plz no comments on the code

Where's they code for kiting ely hecks, obviously thats a huge perk for our proffesion, actually I'm starting to recommend it to every single NT I see in SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Pewpewtinycyberdecks

-As my eyes bleed at 5 am after finally reading all of this-

Big thing I want to point out. my NT is an alt.
    Second thing, I feel for people with NT (and trader for that matter) mains.

On to the rants!

My nts currenty 164 (original idea was a 165 twink... HA!)
    So far his pvp has been root spamming and kiting melee professions and getting requests to root spam someone so someone else can kill said rooted target in pvp

Moving on... I cant really say ive been through all of the problems and know all of the things you NT 'professionals' know but I must say its been a rocky road in some places so far... some of my major problems thus far..

SL
    -Min nuke damage. always.
    -High nano res on sided mobs (WTB ability to solo for spec 3) I mean really.. i get countered on IEF on a 120 unred mob about 50% of the time with 1200 MC?

RK
    -I had a red security camera in my mission on my ass... calms dont work.. roots dont work.. SL clams and roots its "uneffected by" its hitting for 500 damage basically I had to cast IEF (resisted most of the time) then recast fleeting and stim HP... took me about 20 minutes to kill it...

Ideas (Flame me please)
    +Dont know if any of you still play Warcraft 3, But in the game a certain hero named medusa in a custom map (DoTa) has a mana(nano) sheild while its active it absorbs 50% of incoming damage to your mana (nano) pool (2 damage points for 1 mana point when its maxed)

Now that would be a little over powered for anarchy online but i like the idea very much, even if its a temporary effect, maybe takes 30% of damage in the form of nano for 30 seconds or something.. the specs you can work out later but the idea i want very much... (can you imagine a soldier using full auto on you and having a blue orb appear around you and absorb some of the bullets? :P E>E>E>

+As someone posted, I like the idea of a new nanotech weapon / gun / blue rectangular glove thats much like the cyberdeck but also does damage so you can get some base damage going inbetween nukes...

+Like the idea of multi nuke lines... A could be damage, B could be DoT C Could be buffs calms roots etc.. (ability to cast more then one nuke at the same time) Recharges would still come in to play too and etc....

Last and final thing... I want more visual nano effects... its all the same thing.. (cyber deck nuke) white swirls of light come out and attack the target? Theres more creative ideas out there.. I want to see my nukes going off, big booms!! :P

Love me hate me flame me.

//Mr. Naota 'Takun' FuriKuri
    //Archmage 'Yoichi' Kanno (Enjoying my faithful nano robe)
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Quote Originally Posted by Schluups
    If (NT.ql <190){
    ----powerlevel(usefullToons)
    }else{
    ----if(NT==you.BiggestToon AND you.foolLikeME AND you.willBePlayingWithOrchestraWhileBoatSinks){
    --------keepLoosingYourTime()
    ----}else{
    --------delete(NT)
    ----}
    }

Plz no comments on the code

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if I decompiled AO and found something like this...

Or that if you print out all the code referring to NTs, it makes one big piece of ASCII art of a dev giving us the finger...
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Takun
    -
    SL
    -Min nuke damage. always.
    -High nano res on sided mobs (WTB ability to solo for spec 3) I mean really.. i get countered on IEF on a 120 unred mob about 50% of the time with 1200 MC?
    Time for you to start looking at those slow SL nukes.

RK
    -I had a red security camera in my mission on my ass... calms dont work.. roots dont work.. SL clams and roots its "uneffected by" its hitting for 500 damage basically I had to cast IEF (resisted most of the time) then recast fleeting and stim HP... took me about 20 minutes to kill it...
    That's what the minimap is for...time your movements to avoid cameras and turrets.

As for new nanos, a few things I'd like to see are:
    • Team version of NS, with a short (8-10s) duration (with a 5-minute feedback)
    • Team layers, good for raids where the boss has AoE attacks or spawns adds
    • Nano transfer, since I have such a large surplus
    • Nanopool transfer, since I have 8-10x the nanopool of most enforcers I team with (actually I wouldn't mind if this were a perk special)
    • Nukes that lower the target's nanopool instead of health (something we could effectively use against healing professions in PVP, would also be useful against certain bosses)

Funcom should also fix Champion of nano combat, or give the cyberdeck a nonzero AR (really, is it too hard to make a cyberdeck do 0-0(0) damage and have MC as its attack skill?)

actually making the cyberdeck doing :

100-200 (50) with MC as AR attack skill would be great idea.

it will be increasing our damage
    we will have the bonus like add dmg affecting us.
    We could have more choice for armor.

Make this cyberdeck drops at apf please =)
    Morkhai 220/30 NT on Rimor

Squad Commander of Quetzalcoatl
    Creator of Matter
    Controller of Crowd

Cyberdeck is intended to be useless as a weapon. The problem is, we don't have new nukes to give similar damage output to Kyr'Ozch or even Perennium weapons. (and don't even think about typed Kyr'Ozch)

What's not intended is the cyberdeck prevents us from using Champion of Nanocombat perks as well.

The armor situation is breed dependent, not profession dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldros
    That's what the minimap is for...time your movements to avoid cameras and turrets.
    Since the camera was actually in the first room when i entered the mission? :P Got agro from it the second i zoned into the mission. Teh hate!!

Nano transfers? Interesting Idea.. although the trader already has something like it :P

Nano pool nukes might be interesting tho what healing profession doesnt go into pvp with out pnh and ior? :P plus again youll be taking damage while your taking away there nano which if you drain all of it they can (genius, nano stim, kit etc)

we engies have a perk that does this, and thus far id have to see it isnt that wonderfully effective with most professions high nano delta tick... :/ Some sort of nuke where they take TAKE damage for using there nano might be another story... or a nuke that DoTs them (health, nano or both) till they use some type of nano.... (NR shade pwnt) :O

//Mr. Naota 'Takun' FuriKuri
    Grenadearchy Online
    Takun - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Crit Monster - Overlord of Mortar Kombat
    Grenades - Grenade Engineer [Equipt] - Leveling Monster - Advisor of Mortar Kombat

Grenade Infos
    Pure DPS - [Setup] - 1701 Fling to cap Sloth - 1% crit is equal to ~28+ damage
    Agg/Def: 100% - 1440 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 150 Ranged Init to cap Sloth
    Agg/Def: 0% - 2640 Nano Init to insta cast Isotos - 1650 Ranged Init to cap Sloth

Talking Useless

Do you guys think the developpers are still reading this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by nukemaster
    Do you guys think the developpers are still reading this thread?
    Of course.

And discounting every idea here so as not to be accused of plagiarism.
    Uni "Unixint80" Idoru, 206/13 Neutral NT Veteran of Shattered Dreams
    What I've Got My Perk Setup My Nuke Setup (All slightly outdated)

FREE BOREALIS!!!

A new weapon/deck item would be nice. But then its the whole change of items again for us. Am one of those who prefer the idea of when we caste a nuke, it'll continually execute (recaste) by itemself till we line up a follow up. That way the nuking as now is all done server side up to the point we change the nuke which would bypass one of our problems...lag.

Damage output again AI weapons...eek. Would so love to see us back on the masters of mass destruction, and quiet frankly would live with our defences if we were up there by a LONG way. A few specials would be nice, something we can just fire off on its own independant recharge that doesn't effect our normal damage output through nanos. Along the lines of every other profs special attacks possibly.

Or, a mod for the deck. Something we can "bolt" onto it. "Izzi's Damager Amplifier" or something?. Whack it on, and it gives a 75-150% damage hike (I can dream) across all our nukes. Probably less work for the devs to do that way. Which would be good for them.
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

Just curious this post is over a year old, did FC ever bother to listen to anything said here?

I know NTs got a love patch but besides the calms it was pretty worthless, right?
    PuXX(220/24): an all around good for nothing trader.

Quote Originally Posted by PuXX
    Just curious this post is over a year old, did FC ever bother to listen to anything said here?

I know NTs got a love patch but besides the calms it was pretty worthless, right?
    Got new calms and new roots which were quite good.

At some point we got some OK NR debuffs, but they were unimpressive in the overall picture because of the time they require, like everything else NT related. Everything NTs do is hardcapped by locks put into our stuff, there's no real reason for these locks as far as I see, seeing as how NTs die in seconds and many opponents are unkillable as NT because were are so slow. I wouldn't really mind being so damn squishy as now if IU was instacastable. I could even suffer a 2 second recharge then.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by PuXX

Pretty much and no Funcom never listens unless you run off to Borealis and hold signs up I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
    Pretty much and no Funcom never listens unless you run off to Borealis and hold signs up I guess.
    Well, the holding up signs is yet to work...we're still trying there but its as likely to work as getting us fixed. Heck I remember the first time we protested and refused to give anyone HE's...ok it sorta worked as the Docs hit the roof. Shame it wouldn't work now though. And that night when a load of us sat in Trade terminating like lemmings over and over hehe. Yeah yeah, didn't work...but then again those didn't get huge changes other than the deck and a few other things. Over all we need a huge damage increase across the board. We always have
    Major "Nyadach" Prabel
    Neutral and proud of it!

I just don't think Funcom gives one damn about our profession and with Age of Conan, albeit a different genre, I think it will get worse not better as time progresses until they eventually shut AO down.

With Lost Eden does anyone in their right or left mind believe we will get anything out of Funcom to make our chosen profession viable? Honestly I did this same thing exactly 12 months ago now for my crat and I quit this damn game for 10 months. They decided crats' role is to be an xp totem and that was it. When I read the nonsense from FC and watched them give a few of the crat things we cherished over to the NTs I got mad and left.

Now I come back and decided to roll up a NT and I see FC doesn't care about this profession either.

So, does anyone else not see a common thread here? I do and it is that Funcom just doesn't care period. As long as the money comes in, and until AoC takes off (if it does), AO will be as it has always been the neglected red-headed bastard step child of Funcom.

Now I am watching AoC closely but not to play it more to see how badly FC screws with the people who jump in to it. If they treat that game as they have AO, even still 5 years later, then we can all surmise that FC is just a bad gaming company like Mythic but love Mythic or hate them at least they revised the game. What do we get in AO? Crap like froob shirts and nonsense like that but oh no nothing that would balance this game or make this game fun for all professions.

In five years time why do we still have the same icons for hundreds of items? Ever lose an item because it looked exactly like another item? Well I have but only in AO. In any other game I have ever tried (even ones older than AO) I do not see this. It shows laziness and down right disrespect towards the players, who pay mind you, of this game.

Yeah, I am madder than hell but Funcom doesn't care and anything I hear out of Funcom I would deem to be a lie because their mouths are moving.

There's a little bit of NT love in 16.3

Nano Crystal (Nanobot Shielding) (QL 210)

Nano Crystal - Useful in times of great danger, this nanoformula mobilizes all of your nanobots to stop incoming attacks. Unfortunately, this will reduce your nano energy reserves to almost nothing, as your nanobots will need to recuperate from their frantic exertions.

To Use
    Must have Shadowlands
    Material Metamorphosis = 1046
    MaterialCreation = 1046
    Profession = Nano-Technician

Interesting thing about this nano is that it works best if you're Nanomage, and is least effective if you're atrox
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

sad thing is i cant check it on mainframe, so i dont know if ur joking or not.
    U have to enjoy the fight to be really good.
    Devil Artemisv Hellcaster (retired)
    Warconfig
    usual PVMConfig
    Nosferatu Erinyes Alucard
    Devil Zyankali Advocate
    Yamaeda: Three Cyberdecks for the Opifex-kings under the sky, Seven for the Atrox-lords in their halls of notum, Nine for Nanomage doomed to die, One for the Dark Lady on her dark throne In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live. One Cyberdeck to rule them all, One Deck to find them, One Deck to bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Inferno where the Shadows live.

"GM Santaki: If you are worried about being banned you should email support and explain that you are not involved in any exploiting. "

It's not on any of the database sites yet, I used the resource tool from mainframe and looked at the 16.3 database myself.
    Youtube
    Twitch

AO
    Rakhabit 220/20 Agent FINALLY
    Halfempty 220/16 Engineer/Evade Negator
    Primatene 168/20 Original Doc Twink

TSW
    Myyah "Read" Hawwa
    Shadow Dominion
    Cerberus

so what its gonna be like a tms taking all nano? (if its real I am gonna die man would be highly useful alongside NS mk 2 unfortunately it probably isnt but what the hell we can only hope.)

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast