Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why did you make a crat?

I wanted to know how does it feel to be wanted in teams, once in a life
    :RK1: Firian 200 Fixer | Firian2 216 Crat | Firian3 60 Doc | Firian4 215 Shade | Milagros 217 Engi | Firun 215 Enf :RK2: Milagros 115 Adv

I rolled my crat in Nov after release because Id only seen one ever and wondered just what the hell crats were for.
    Divos- lvl 208 Doc
    Meagi- lvl 213 crat
    Xazmit- Evil fixer extrodinare
    Owner of Evil Fixer Enterprises TM
    www.SynergyFactor.net

Way back in the day (pre SL and even pre team missions) when everyone leveled outdoors, I remember teaming up with a crat at the Bronto Oasis and being very impressed that that crat could not only calm the gigantic brontos, but charm them as well. It took me many months after that to actually roll my crat, but that one moment is what planted the idea.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

Because crats completely own
    At least at lower levels...

Like, here's my wee crat Hremic heading into a solo mission full of red baddies. So, pretty soon, I'm spotted by a red Bully. Only thing is, by now he's stuck to the ground and is being eaten by one robot and two other bullies, all red to me. And a nuke every now and then. To his disappointment, his other bully friends won't help him; they just stand around enjoying the dull neonlight. If he breaks the root, he'll still be covered by fluorescent green stuff moving at like 1 mph, all the while being hit by my 3 pets, my nukes, and a steady pow-pow from my Vektor Neo Design.

And /pet chat has so much potential.

And we're wanted for team missions.

i made crat cuz everyone loves crat, and nobody loves me

I started a crat last weekend mostly because I wanted to see what it was like, and also because Chickensand has been amazing as a crat. Everyone wants him around for the insurance buffs and calms and stuff, and it sounded really neat. This game offers a lot of variety with the classes and I want to explore them all.

I love the support classes... my main is a doc and I have had the most wonderful experiences playing her... sure I might not be able to dish out uber damage to a mob at my current level (approaching TL5, just beginning to work out what weps I want to use), the appreciation from other players is more than enough to make up for it.

I rolled a crat for the same reason that I love my doc - the power to help others out of sticky situations. Although she's not very high level (27, last I checked), I've still had a very enjoyable time playing her.

I started a crat simply becasue his nukes were better then NT's back in the day oh and yea charming brontos in Newland was fun as hell

Originaly i made a crat cause i thought it was uber ( after not sleeping for 28 hours might i add) that you could twink on a lvl 3pet at lvl 1 with lil to no effort.

Then i started likeing the fact later on that they could charm.

Now i just like the fact that there a good challenge to pvp, i like imagineing the fact of how pissed some people proably get when i kill them with one of my crats.
    PVP Crat - More gimped than you would belive, but i still kill
    RK1
    Pokees Pokees
    LostClevage President of Enron

RK2
    Titlehugger Psycho PVP crat
    Flushdragon SUpAh Gimped trox adv

I started my crat just as a test, I had no clue whatsoever about crats, i dont think I even had teamed with one before I started..

why I kept on playing Hotsy, mostly i loved the CC bit, mezzing adds, and trying to stay on top of things
    especially at the camps in lush I had a blast calming bad pulls and stuff like that

charms/bots where ok, but the mezz part I really loved
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

I made my crat because it's the most original profession in AO.. so much imagination went into creating crat nano names and items; I still love reading them. The nuke names, the speeches, all of it.. crats are still the most stylish profession. =)

I decided to make one the first time I saw someone's motivational speech in my NCU.

Poor lil gimp. --> Grumpy "Zubrus" Crat
    Nelle, RK2 Clan Keeper
    Triskweline, RK2 Clan NT
    Zubrus, Grumpy Old Crat

i made a crat...to be an xp totem for my NT
    i figured out a way to make him hit the xp perk button when i give him the special word..

Crat

When my little fixer was around lvl 80 or so years ago, some high levels allowed me to follow them to Smuggler's Den. Where we met a Clan crat, (Ningen, one of the first 200 crats on RK2), and then I thought that I wanted to be able to solo Mantises like that too. lol
    I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I say.

I enjoyed watching a fellow org mate crat in action, Eigen. I've also never played a pet profession and this is the only one that interested me so I thought, sure why not give it a shot. Plus, I just came back after taking a month off and I'm not motivated to start working on my shade again yet!
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Rolled a Crat for 2 reasons:
    a) only way to aquire a leet pet, once you missed the AI preorder bonus (even if it only lasts until zoning )
    b) I want that awesome Tier Crat helmet
    "If the radiance of a thousand suns
    Were to burst at once into the sky
    That would be like the splendor of the Mighty one --
    I am become Death,
    The shatterer of Worlds."

Wow, this thread was 21 months old, and somehow got revived today. That's amazing!

I honestly do not recall why I made my crat. It was back in late 2001, the game was only 3-4 months old, ands uhhhh, it's been a long time!

Middle age, they say your memory is the second thing to go, and I don't recall what the first thing was...
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    Wow, this thread was 21 months old, and somehow got revived today. That's amazing!
    Yeah, some people (like me) actually check the rooted topics whenever rolling a new profession. I found this thread in the "Guide to the Guides" or whatever it's called, so I figured I should state my reason for making a crat.
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

Former Bureaucrat Professional Shevaya's Avatar
    we should have the 'how does your crat look' thread bumped back up as well with some new pics :P
    Retired 220/20 Bureaucrat Shevaya
    Retired 220/18 Doctor Jezzara
    Retired 218/16 Soldier Alliya

Two reasons why i rolled crat: 1800 psy without having to use the nasty dark blue skill on engie and cool names for the nanos

Quote Originally Posted by Shevaya View Post
    we should have the 'how does your crat look' thread bumped back up as well with some new pics :P
    Done.

I started my crat because one day I ran into Cynkgramm. Trox crat wielding a maul, with the HI top hat and Nelly's dress. I immediately started mine. As Senzor said very early in this thread, crats have the most style of any profession (fixer not even close, sorry).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast