Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malaise, first impressions.

Malaise, first impressions.

So, I got the new malaise yesterday, and I have to say, I think it solves my init debuff complaints rather nicely. It's a relatively quick cast, it lands fairly reliably, and it makes it much more realistic to slow down agent/adv/etc heals and such.

Combined with the RT debuffs, I think it goes a long ways towards giving bureaucrats a way to beat several difficult opponents.

Prouver que j'ai raison serait accorder que je puisse avoir tort.

I never had any real issues landing the previous one, especially not versus advies. Might be nice versus nr2 agents I suppose. Hell, another -300 inits never hurts though.

Good to hear
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    I never had any real issues landing the previous one, especially not versus advies. Might be nice versus nr2 agents I suppose. Hell, another -300 inits never hurts though.
    For me, having a 15% better land rate makes a noticeable difference, since I do not have much more PM and SI than is required to cast the nano. I suspect that all non-nano geared crats will see a noticeably better land rate in pvp, but even that the nano geared bureaucrats will see better land rates against high NR professions like enforcers.

The landing rate is nice, the faster cast and (especially) recharge is nice, and the increased inits is nice. All in all it's a pretty good deal imo. Just malaise and the -400RT is enough to slow a lot of people down, but combined altogether, we can debuff a pretty substantial amount of inits now. Testing with an agent yesterday, the effect is substantial.

He didn't really resist me at all on full D (non NR agent, but still, no resists is nice), and both full D and full Off, his CH was plenty slow enough for pets to interrupt.

Now to just collect the last few items to complete my dead man walking speech.

(ps were the devs listening to TI when they named the nano? lol, cause that's what it reminds me of, despite the more high brow literary allusions)

Had this nano for a week or so guess I'm a little slow at noticing, but I just noticed that this malaise and UBT replace each other, or have same stacking order in other words, which can have its uses =P

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldeath View Post
    Had this nano for a week or so guess I'm a little slow at noticing, but I just noticed that this malaise and UBT replace each other, or have same stacking order in other words, which can have its uses =P
    exploit!!!! This need to be fixet

I've not had the opportunity to really try it out versus a wide variety of professions, since there have been nothing but agents and NTs on BS every time I have a chance to play... but versus most agents, it rapes. Does nothing at all to NTs.

Tbh I haven't tested it much either, maybe because I don't pvp much, but I noticed that when UBT is running in Alb the other night that I could still use this Malaise. However, I have no idea if this malaise stacks with the top MP debuff or if it says better nano running. Really haven't had time to check =P

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldeath View Post
    Tbh I haven't tested it much either, maybe because I don't pvp much, but I noticed that when UBT is running in Alb the other night that I could still use this Malaise. However, I have no idea if this malaise stacks with the top MP debuff or if it says better nano running. Really haven't had time to check =P
    Checked on apf, it doesnt stack with top MP debuffs, as in MP debuff overwrites this.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

This nano has the same stacking order as UBT so you can spam it even if docs are around.

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Awesome nano .
    "Anisherl" -220/30 - Dictator -

"Anisher" - 220/26 - Field Marshal -

"Montaro" - 150/17 - Master of 10th Dan -

I went for the aura for my first nano, because it is a bigger improvement over existing nanos than new malaise. But i'm close to the 2nd box

Quote Originally Posted by Malaxia View Post
    I went for the aura for my first nano, because it is a bigger improvement over existing nanos than new malaise. But i'm close to the 2nd box
    Yeah I thought about it that way at first too, but then I realized that even though it's less of an improvement by the numbers, the new malaise is actually far more useful versus everything that ever gives me trouble in pvp.

Five items left to finish deadman walking, and I haven't had any time at all to wait around on pickup teams lately.

I started all my raids picking up people on lft, i had no problem with wipes so far
    Best i had was 4 crats for sector 35, awesome DD and xp

Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    I've not had the opportunity to really try it out versus a wide variety of professions, since there have been nothing but agents and NTs on BS every time I have a chance to play... but versus most agents, it rapes. Does nothing at all to NTs.
    Half right. It won't affect the capped cast for double/triple noobs, however it'll screw over NTs that make use of the AI DoT and IU for PvP. Against decent crats, IU is a must.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Half right. It won't affect the capped cast for double/triple noobs, however it'll screw over NTs that make use of the AI DoT and IU for PvP. Against decent crats, IU is a must.
    I'll call bull**** on that one IU is not a -must-. It's good, yes, if you both start out casting at the same time. IU -> tripple will kill a crat most of the time. If you're init debuffed however, double -> tripple does the job just fine, too. The odds of a crat proccing a stun are 9.75% over those first 11 seconds.. more than enough time for any NT to kill him.

Versus NTs, I usually mezz and run. You have about 4 seconds to get out of sight or casting range

...The odds of a crat proccing a stun are 9.75% over those first 11 seconds.. more than enough time for any NT to kill him...
    How did you get to 9.75%?

In 11 seconds you will have atleast 5 normal shots; with 2 procs with each a chance to proc of 5%, the chance of not proccing any is 0.95^10=60% => chance to proc atleast once during those first 11s is 40%.
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

I'm assuming you're using an AS weapon

I'll call bull**** on that one IU is not a -must-. It's good, yes, if you both start out casting at the same time. IU -> tripple will kill a crat most of the time. If you're init debuffed however, double -> tripple does the job just fine, too. The odds of a crat proccing a stun are 9.75% over those first 11 seconds.. more than enough time for any NT to kill him.

Versus NTs, I usually mezz and run. You have about 4 seconds to get out of sight or casting range
    However against a crat that does more than just debuff and run, recharge isn't a nice thing to be stuck in, especially if you're trying to control pets as well.

So init debuffing the NT so that IU isn't an option, is a very good idea.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

I'm assuming you're using an AS weapon
    Ah, very convenient in your argument, but kinda deceiving since not all crats do
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 bureaucrat*: Starting 12man, need Enfo, Doc, Keeper, reflects."
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 doctor*: Looking for crat/keep/enf for 12m pst "
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] *220 soldier*: still need doc/enf for 12 man. pst
    "Neutnet relay: [PvM] LF enfo , crat , doc and soldier's for ipande / pst [220 doctor]"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast