Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: why did you make a crat?

why did you make a crat?

i made a crat cause theres something so fun about twisting a animals mind against its will

for the same reason i play ao, to have fun
    Team riahmant! if looks could kill I'd be a murderer
    a peek into Riahmants life here
    Riah's mega glamorus picture book updared 6/8/06
    Riahmants myspace!
    Riahmant

My first character ever was a crat.. he's lvl 96, omni, on RK2, and has not been logged in for years.
    I made him because of the cool description of the crat. It sounded like fun, and it was once I figured out how the whole deal worked. People were totally awed when I'd come waltzing up to a team with my Soul Stealer pet out at NW mines those days rocked (this was in september-december 2001)
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I liked the idea of bots, charms and all the other stuff - the calms, snares, nukes, roots etc...

Crowd control.
    Hell hath no fury like a bureaucrat sent to the reclaim…

Council Member of Pantheon - Join us!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I made the char to have something to do while camping arul saba gems for lillas bracers (june 2004) and well i choose the crat since a good friend of mine have one and i liked the idea + it had to be a pet proff to be as different to play as to lilla.
    Soldier/crat is a good mix.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Cause crats have the highest pimpfactor ingame
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

too bad no jewellry and gold chains n stuff is visible
    wtb aruls equippeable with the Monitor smoking suit. then shibari would look hotttt + do well. oh and tokenboard and such.
    now THAT looks good + soo boring that you basically only can use it for social events -
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

mmm I'd love to wear the monitor suit more often - its such a shame that twinking on armour means no suit

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Quote Originally Posted by furydemon
    mmm I'd love to wear the monitor suit more often - its such a shame that twinking on armour means no suit
    You get to wear bondage gear instead though
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    You get to wear bondage gear instead though
    yep - my sharpshooter pants are HAWT. Shame whoever designed the whole set made it with all different style tho - S&M pants, M00 gloves then a completely different again bodypiece.

Expensive mis-matched armour!

I made my Crat after talking to Furydemon a bit, and also because the Nano (Blizzard of Red Tape) amused me no end. (Boy does that nano apply in THIS country).

But besides that, I just like the multi function the Crat appears to have, aside from being an XP tree. Horribly IP tight at the moment, at level 50 I haven't hit TC once yet :P I love the charms though, especially the infinite one in SL, really really cool. Btw, is there a nano for draining psychic past the generic Drain Psychic?

[Pantheon] Gurudee: head east Kaeyn
    [Pantheon] Kaeyn: kk
    [Pantheon] Gurudee: No... the other east Kaeyn
    -
    Pantheon Join us

Syriii
    Syriine
    Syrilla - TotW twink

The general drain is the only one - but your crat briefcase does also have a drain psy on it.

My first character was a soldier back int he pre-notum-wars era. Back then most people had a macro for the following.

/macro Spam /s Team of 4 - FLM - need DOC and CRAT!

So, I rolled a doc and crat.

I found that crat was very fun to play. Much more than the "Tab Q" professions. On RK missions, the crat was invaluable for charming/mezzing adds. Plus, they look sexy in a crat suit and breifcase!

In the end I leveled my SOL and DOC, and my crat has been twinked up for PvP. Yes, I said PvP. At level 146, she is very effective on the battlefield and has helped turn the tides at many battles.

By the way, in that level range many PvPers are GA fixers. Unless they have maxed NR, the average GA twink dies in roughly 5-6 seconds to my crat.
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

ooo excellent Have to get to 100 asap then Must try and get the Clan suit, only have Universal one atm Crat is fun
    [Pantheon] Gurudee: head east Kaeyn
    [Pantheon] Kaeyn: kk
    [Pantheon] Gurudee: No... the other east Kaeyn
    -
    Pantheon Join us

Syriii
    Syriine
    Syrilla - TotW twink

I was late in my clan to convert to AO. When I did, I asked others what chars they didn’t have yet. They gave: MP, crat, and trader. I liked to idea to give xp bonus to the team so I rolled crat as my first ever char with AO. I didn’t know I can buy nanos until level10, and didn’t know I can have droid pet until level15. I used the two nanos from newbie island until level10 because I thought nano skills will automatically show up in my skill window when I leveled up. lol I know another newbie story, but don’t blame me because the QL220 guide from this forum doesn’t say there’s a nano shop inside the general store.
    Chickensand - 218 nano crat from the Roots

Quote Originally Posted by chickensand
    but don’t blame me because the QL220 guide from this forum doesn’t say there’s a nano shop inside the general store.
    lol Port. you got work to do mate ^^
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

I made a crat because when I moved from RK2 to RK1 I saw there were very few crats around and the description sounded really nice. That was in Jan 2002. I never regretted it, even though I realized that we were quite useless in PvP. It was the many problems with SL that made me start getting frustrated about my class but there is no class I had more fun with overall.

I hope at least some of the many issues of our class get fixed one day and that you enjoy playing a class that is quite versatile and powerful if you take the time to master it.

Safe travels!
    Corrine Daimoness Wright
    - Veteran of Apocalypse
    - General of the Mercury Dragons (ret.)
    - Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. - Samuel Adams

Hmm. I'm trying to remember exactly why I made a crat. I know part of it is because I was around level 50ish or so on my adventurer and he was on this team with a crat, and the crat had a yalm. At that time, having a yalm was uber lol. The crat also had the bot that made a bunch of noise "bleh bleh bleh" and I said to myself, I gotta have one of those :P I didn't even know what crowd control was at the time, I thought crats were like engies except they had the droids and could capture a pet.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

My first character in AO was a doctor, and back then leveling up meant going to Lush Fields and hunting at the mines/pipes. It was way too easy for things to get out of control with adds, and I ended up dying way too many times because the aggro simply would never end on the poor healer.

And then, one day, I teamed with a 'crat, a very good one whose name I've sadly forgotten.

Oh no! Adds!

Calmed.

Wait, those two over there - they're not calmed!

Relax, they're on our side now. See? They're slaughtering the Lifebleeder now.

I was like... wow. This was a profession that, to me, seemed immune to the one thing that was frustrating me to no end - dying because of adds.

XP buffs seemed nice, but the idea of an area calm really and truly sold me on the concept; my 'crat was the first character I really planned out with a good idea of how the game mechanics actually worked. It was a pleasure to level him up and it horrified me when FC changed a few game mechanics offhand and made him unplayable. He's parked at 154 now, a perfect level to calm his way through missions for QL 200 items for myself and friends. A sad ending to a proud character; I've never used a reset point on him and I've toyed with restarting him, but... but that's not what this is about.

I started my crat because he could completely master the environment around him.
    If you're looking for any of these programs -
    ClickSaver, PetNamer, Anarchy Online Inventory System (AOIS), Character Profiler, Chat Alert, or Log Reviewer, you can find them at this website here.

to charm stuffs duh.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast