Thread: Heya

Heya

Just wondering, hows the new AI playfield? I left right before it was released and have heard mixed results.

Anyone wanna give me a brief overview?

Quote Originally Posted by Yakamo
    (Anyone in the Life on Rimor forum?)

(Not the correct forum to ask this question Try Life on Rimor or look in Knowledge Database or something instead!)

moved this to non-RP forum
    Advisor Yogosha
    Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    Community Relations
    Forums Administration

::Social Guidelines::
    ::ARK Public Website::

THe new AI playfields are decent. Not great but not bad either.

Biggest change I would make is have the play fields open every 4hr.
    Originally Posted by Katth
    Infusion is an idiot, nuff said.

Originally Posted by SPOTY_DNW
    I have a dream....
    A dream of a patch which include no new content, but 75% of our very,very old bugs are fixed.

Expert - Evilshot BS junkie
    Apprentice - Infusion99 Converted Tradeskiller
    Rookie - Solshot TL5 Twink
    Rookie - Infus TL3 Twink in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Infusion99
    THe new AI playfields are decent. Not great but not bad either.

Biggest change I would make is have the play fields open every 4hr.
    They are a good starting point at least, and show some promise from the devs that they are at least willing to contemplate considering thinking about taking things in the direction the players want.

Both the opening times and non-instancing of the content are issues that I would like to see addressed though, would be nice to hear from the devs or even Znore why they balance a zone for 3-5 teams, and then go out of their way to make absolutely positively sure that the zone will be filled to the brim with the entire server 180+ population...
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

The new pf's are a good idea but what about some for lowbies so that they too can get some alien weapons instead of having to pay the rediculous prices that people charge for lowbie weapons. as far as spawn time goes i think a 6 hour or less timer would be better then the 7 hour one.
    God told me to make a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I did, and all rejoiced

Trader Exam MKII Passed
    My Stuff

Remember kids, Omlets are best when fried and served with a side xp%

hola yako, nice to see ya again after all this time... imho the new pfs are one HUGE piece of s... too long on timer,very ninja friendly,and quite crapy on most ends. that is MY PERSONAL OPINION, and many wot agree here!

anyway, get ur phat behind into the game u silleh enfo, and find out for urself
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

./me mongos and 'Yakamo' pulls 20 hecklers into the forum..if anyone has teamed em, you know what i mean =P

New PF's are good for axp if you get a decent team, although very-ninja friendly and wayy to small for the amount of people who join, but it does drop nice loots. The 7hr timer isnt the most loved thing either. Anyhow..come check it out yourself
    Mr "Upkeepz" Huggles - 220 Keeper

WTB Yalma

The new AI fields are fun. No real complaints.

A couple of nice features would be to make the Unicorn towers non-attackable by players (non-<tab>able would be nice too). Also, reduce the time between gate openings to 3 or 4 hours.

Perhaps a "lowbee" zone would be cool. Low aliens and a level cap of 100 for players. FC might even make a few $$ from this by giving froobies a reason to purchase the AI expansion.
    Last edited by Morphinee; Mar 4th, 2005 at 13:35:17.
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

yeah few little bugs need to be worked out (and a better way to deal with ninja's), but otherwise they're pretty fun. even if you dont win the roll for an uber lewt you get quite nice AXP.
    Rotender - 51% Share holder of Omni-Tek

Me

Quote Originally Posted by Yakamo
    Just wondering, hows the new AI playfield? I left right before it was released and have heard mixed results.

Eh, they are pretty so-so good ok. Would be better seeing you back in game you over-stuffed chihuahua!
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

yakakakakakakaka come back ;/
    //Chars//
    220/20 - Doctor ~Newt ~ Docnochoc
    191/7- Adven ~ Newt ~ Apostle

Quote Originally Posted by upkeepz
    ./me mongos and 'Yakamo' pulls 20 hecklers into the forum..if anyone has teamed em, you know what i mean =P

well i always had a special name for yaks "pulls" its called a rockslide
    //Chars//
    220/20 - Doctor ~Newt ~ Docnochoc
    191/7- Adven ~ Newt ~ Apostle

yak!!! ^_^ no more mountain climbing for j0000!

hay! :0

Alien playfields are pretty fun, there are 3 sectors: Sector 13, 35 and 28!

I ain't quite familiar with these playfields, been to only a few raids but the mobs in there drop guns very often, alot often than on guild raids, and about 900-1k AXP per mob.
    The main boss in there is pretty tough, but still easy to take down.
    The boss drops a KyrOzch Helmet which is made for the new alien playfield (not sure) and there are some pieces, for what you can get token boards. Some items are also named "ICE" (not full name) which can be made into a 100% CRU. I haven't tried\won this item yet, so i cant give you any more information....

Hope that helped and happy hunting!

few notes...

if you are hoping/expecting to get tons of AXP then best to make sure you are on the DD team... only the DD team tends to get Axp... everyone else gets jack except a chance for rolls on loot...

Always assist off the DD tank... and Always let em attack first... else you will Insta Die and the raid will be over for you. Trust me on this. I have yet to finish an alien raid because of errors in targeting, lol.
    Join Us!
    You know you want too!
    Now Recruiting Players of All Levels and Expansions!
    Newbie & Noob & Froob Players Welcome!

Huh? Since you are assisting the the main teams tank, it's no wonder you aren't getting AXP. I always assist my teams main DD and usually get decent to good axp in our raids, and I very rarely get agro. The few times I have died in those PFs was in 35 when a pack spawned on top of me and went wild.

But, to be honest, AXP isn't as great a concern for me in those PFs, it's more for the loot that I go. Spawned AI raids are still better axp imho.
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

hehehe miss the "Stylin' Mongo" perfected by Yak too

Where'd j00 go anyway d00d?

On-topic: Have no idea about the alien pf, haven't gone yet OMFG

The player shop thang's pretty cool tho Come back Yak
    Butrkup <3, Eternalist, 220, Clan, RK2

T I G E R C L A W

Sometimes the light's all shinin' on me
    Other times I can barely see
    Lately it occurs to me what a long strange trip it's been