Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boycott the RUR!

People, people, how about some perspective here. Rubi-Ka is my world too. I was born in Borealis, my folks still live and run a restaurant there. I have no interest in trashing this planet.

But come now, let's be honest. The place in question is called its the "Wailing Wastes", not "Tropical Paradise Nature Reserve" for crying out loud!

Think about what is really stake here. The ultimate goal is not jsut a better motor oil, it's a better understanding of alien technology in gneeral. Is some minor xeno-contamination in some lost, scorpid-infested desert really too high a price to pay to open a whole new universe of technological possibilites?

Dabblez
    Last edited by Savoy; Mar 4th, 2005 at 22:04:24.
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy
    People, people, how about some perspective here. Rubi-Ka is my world too. I was born in Borealis, my folks still live and run a restaurant there. I have no interest in trashing this planet.
    *Trembles in anger hearing the words "Rubi-Ka is my world too"*
    I cannot believe I am hearing this from you.. You might have been born to this planet but it is not yours.. Not after hearing you say that you have no interest in trashing the planet... But then you dump tons of toxic oil into the planet.. See my comments at the end for more..

But come now, let's be honest. The place in question is called its the "Wailing Wastes", not "Tropical Paradise Nature Reserve" for crying out loud!
    So what?! Wailing Waste, TPNR, Omni-Ent it's all the same.. Like I told your lacky at the meeting why don't you do your work in Omni-1 or Rome? Is your safety record is so bad that they will not let you do work there? Is it that if this happened there Omni-Tek would boot your arse?

Think about what is really stake here. The ultimate goal is not jsut a better motor oil, it's a better understanding of alien technology in gneeral. Is some minor xeno-contamination in some lost, scorpid-infested desert really too high a price to pay to open a whole new universe of technological possibilites?
    Minor...You once again dump toxic wast.. never mind.. You know what you did.

But lets look at this, in your first paragraph you are quoted saying " I have no interest in trashing this planet." but yet you go on to say that a toxic spill in the desert is NOT to high of a price to pay for something that may or may not work.. Which is it?

Also do your parents know about this? Maybe I should walk over and have a talk with them and your dumping of waste onto the planet you where raised on..

*grins* Or maybe they would like to just have a comfy talk with me.. ..about cooking maybe at some undisclosed location even..

~Iron

[ sorry couldn't help the parents thing since you had to bring it up :P ]
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

Dabblez
    Hmm.. "Just a little bit of history repeating itself" I see..
    Dabblez. You and I can leave, Nanomages cannot, thus they have a vastly greater interest in preserving this planet - as is indicated by your lack of respect for the land.

Now, as for what constitutes an acceptable price with regards to various places on the terraformed part of this planet I must say we disagree by leaps and bounds.

You want to research Alien technology. Good for you, you just might make a few creds off it. And while I have no doubt that you're an accomplished corporate manager, your knowledge of environmental issues appears to be sorely lacking - unless, of course, you speak against better knowledge.
    The desert is actually one of the most fragile eco-systems we have and if you and your spill manage to turn a whole sector into uninhabitable land again, after OT (sic) spent billions of creds terraforming it, then I think your annual evaluation report is going to have some not-so-nice comments on it.
    Not to mention that such destruction has a tendency to spread beyond control, which I'm sure will please your masters no end.
    Let's be honest, as you say. Haven't you already begun planning how to place more of your wasteproducts in Wailing Wastes, utilizing that very cheap solution that unexpectedly presented itself to you?

If you absolutely have to generate toxic waste, then develop ways to handle the stuff safely - or better still, find ways to make it useful. After all, if it's toxic to us, then it might just be toxic to those pesky aliens as well..
    And yes, there most definately are ways to handle dangerous products in a safe as well as economically viable manner. It is used in interstellar craft all the time..
    Tempus fugit.

Everybody has a photographic memory.
    Some don't have film.

When you find a big kettle of crazy it's best not to stir it.
    -PHB/Scott Adams

First of all, I am glad to announce that Devil’s Advocate have been contracted to manage the clean-up operation in the Wailing Wastes. I hope that will lay to rest speculation that we planning to leave this mess for future generations to deal with.

That said I am bewildered by the amount of feeling this issue has generated. The Wailing Wastes are hardly a pristine environment. Even when our oil spill has been the dealt with, this Wailing Wastes will remain the same desolate, toxic wasteland it always was.

And Trgeorge, your conspiracy theories about RUR are the clearly the fruit of prejudice rather than fact. Do you really thing RUR would have been able to fool Mercury Dragon’s military intelligence or The Mockers... connections all this time? Do you really believe what you are saying, or are you just looking for propaganda opportunities?

Once this is all over, I very much doubt I will see any of RUR’s critics putting their time and credits to clean up the rest of the Wailing Wastes. So in the end, I have to wonder just how many of you protesters are genuinely committed to the environment and how many of you, like vultures, are just here to score cheap political points over this unfortunate incident?

Dabblez

Rubi-Ka Universal Robots
    Dabblez - Rubi-Ka Universal Robots (RUR)
    We put the Art into Artificial Intelligence!

First of all, I am glad to announce that Devil’s Advocate have been contracted to manage the clean-up operation in the Wailing Wastes. I hope that will lay to rest speculation that we planning to leave this mess for future generations to deal with.
    Devil's Advocate to clean up the mess..? Thats a real comfort..thanks...*slap*
    My title Keeper. My mind on my grind. Assembly's my heart. They shine when I shine.

Kyarash "Legaron" Davoudi
    Keeper of Assembly

"Seen through human experience there are as many worlds as there are humans. Understanding that the word "human" defines a point in eternity and not a seperate reality is the begining of knowing"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12