Thread: Limit Buddylist to 300 instead of 1k limit in favour of server-side backpack naming

Limit Buddylist to 300 instead of 1k limit in favour of server-side backpack naming

This suggestion is in favour of storing backpack names on the server instead of client-side in the prefs subfolders. Since bandwidth is a concern with this, an alternative is to limit the buddy-list size to 300 names instead of 1,000 names. That could then offset the cost of storing backpack names on the server. The whole point of doing this is to avoid having to re-sort and rename backpacks all over again if the computer dies, or we move to another computer to play AO.

Just backup your /prefs folder. So when your computer dies just reload it, or when you switch to a new computer overwrite the defult one.

Thumbs down The limits are too small aready.

Some of the larger guild/organization members & helpbots are already running into problems with the 1k list limits & having to do regular "list cleanings".

Dropping the list to any lower of a number (especially 1/3 the current limit) would cause it to affect over 50% of the orgs, instead of just the larger ones on each server.

Regular saves of the prefs folder is regretfully the best solution, with the current game coding, for item location/naming.

Or you could learn to have good enough organisation to not need to name backpacks.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah
    Or you could learn to have good enough organisation to not need to name backpacks.
    and how will u do that?... My bank i filled with backpacks!!!
    every one of em is filled with diffrent stuff