Thread: making jewelry

making jewelry

ok real quick could somebody give me a rundown on the stufff to make jewelry and if it is even worth it?
    ive seen the sight that includes it but i dont know where to buy the stuff or if i should even bother
    a profound hatred of man
    not a tear for those of the flesh
    not a stayed hand for a world that prostitutes itself
    words cannot express my disappointment
    words cannot express my disapproval

The Workshop

Take a look at The Workshop - Jewellery guide - there u find the tools u need and they are a bit expensive if u don't have the cash. For a long time ago I bought myself a set that cost between 50k and 100k and it sure have paid off.

You have to be careful what kind of stone you are combining with your ring, never use Spring Crystal (?), it's almost worthless I think... The ring should also be of gold if you want much for it.

I'm not sure what it pays you, but I think a QL60 ring gives u around 10k and a QL100 ring gives you around 25k - 30k, I'm not quite sure...

Well to make Jewellery you need:

Tools:
    A gem cutter (only comes in QL 10 and is cheap)
    Precious metal reclaimer (again QL 10)
    A Wire drawer (all QLs and you need a high QL on to do high QL stuff, can cost a bit)

Consumerbles:
    Generic ring template (one QL and only 20 creds each)
    Personal Furnace (again one QL and about 200 creds)

Skills:
    Agility
    Mechanical Engineering

ok take any gem and use the gem cutter on it and ta da it now perfectly cut gem. This is worth alot more when sold to shop.

Take any precious metal containing item, most rings and bracers, including things like IQ rings and reflect bracers, and use the extractor on it. This results in a silver/gold/platinum ingot.

The ingot is probably worth less than what you just melted down . But using the personal furnace then placing that in the wire drawer gives you filgree wire. The wire is still worth less (not worthless, just worth less than the starting item).

Now using the wire on a generic ring template gives you a silver/gold/platinum filgree ring. These are often worth more than the item you melted down.... but there is not much in it.

The real bonus of making a ring is that you can then combine it with a cut (or uncut but the perfectly cut ones a worth alot more) gem. The final QL of the item is that of the ring while the gem you combine with it can be lower in QL following same rules as cluster into implant. This final item is worth alot more than your starting items (as long as the ring was >= QL of gem).

I did this for a while as an NT but came to my senses and did a skill reset that avoided ME and I never really increase Agility either.

I found that if you have high ME and agility then it is always worthwhile to perfectly cut your gems as this doubles their sale value to the vendors and is really straight forawrd needing only one tool.

If you can be bothered building up a stock of filgree rings and then setting the lowest QL gem in them will really increase the value of the items. The value of items varies to the square of their QL so combining a perfectly cut ember QL 100 with a QL110 gold filgree ring, which makes a QL110 perfectly cut ember mounted on a gold filgree ring will give a large boost to it's value, a very large boost in deed.

Hope this helped you decide whether or not to take it up!! Even if a bit long winded
    Onariz

wow thank you very much for that info that is exactly what i need to know! i just wonder where i can buy the necessary items.
    a profound hatred of man
    not a tear for those of the flesh
    not a stayed hand for a world that prostitutes itself
    words cannot express my disappointment
    words cannot express my disapproval

you can...

... buy the tools/ring templates in the tradesection of any shop, if you are Omni you can find the shopterminals for tools at the left side of the tradesection, and the ring templates in one of the last terminals at the right side...

uber rings?

does anyone know what happens when you make a ring and then use it to make another ring? does quality increase?

Also is there any uber rings that can be made with more componants?

Re: uber rings?

Originally posted by Animosity
    does anyone know what happens when you make a ring and then use it to make another ring? does quality increase?

Also is there any uber rings that can be made with more componants?
    Quick responce if others are wondering.

There are no uber rings that can be made.

Except for CMS and CAS there is not much Uber stuff that can be made.

Ani.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened