Thread: Weapons Manuals - just a note...

Weapons Manuals - just a note...

This is in reference to the thread:

Weapons Manuals - what works, what doesn't and where it's broke...

I didn't want to de-rail the thread.

There are 410 weapon manuals in the database... and just because one ql of a weapon kit works, doesn't mean the others will. I know this because I've tried various ql's of MPS kits, some work, others failed.

I applaud your efforts tho.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

Hey, I never said it would be easy

In any case, at the moment I'm limited to making only the low-level kits. I reckon if I just keep ploughing through them as I go up in level that I'll be able to cover a good proportion of them over time. Hopefully, other people will chip in now and then as well (thanks Kuroshio).

Finding information seems to be the most difficult thing for any tradeskill professional. We all "know" that the kits are bugged, in fact I've heard estimates that 85% are broken. Accordingly, I wasn't expecting either of last night's efforts to work, and was rather surprised when both of them did. A definitive list of working/broken kits will do two things: make it easier for the devs to fix what's broken, and make it easier for tradeskill users to get something out of their profession.

Cheers,

~R~

Most of the ranged weapon recipes do work. I haven't yet found a melee weapon recipe that does, though, and some of the MPS recipes (Cast-Off, QL 21-40, for example) don't work.

I've got such a database, and as soon as I figure out how to make a web interface like Auno's got going, I'll put it up for general access.
    Albea Naosuko Welding
    Mistress of Propaganda for The Honored Maidens
    "If I had a dollar for every time that happened... I'd have $3.50."

Aliases:
    Naosuko, NT, RK1
    Esselte, MA, RK1
    Albea, Trader, RK1 (Retired)

Socializer 86%
    Explorer 60%
    Achiever 46%
    Killer 6%