Thread: Do Movement Predictors Work?

Do Movement Predictors Work?

I equipped a +10 range movement predictor to help with the lousy range in my offhand weapon, but it didn't seem to help, Does anyone know if these things actually work or not?

+10 Rangeinc means +10%.

So, if your gun was 10 meters, it's 11 meters now.

I have a ql 200 yama and a ql 184 Legacy LLTS (about 90 Range Inc total), so my fists have a range of 9 or so meters.
    ~Chris

Originally posted by Megabio
    I have a ql 200 yama and a ql 184 Legacy LLTS (about 90 Range Inc total), so my fists have a range of 9 or so meters.
    ~Chris
    Erm, LOL! You got 9 meter long arms, do ya? You would probably do great in the tennis circuit with such advantageous appendages .
    Isn't it a bit...silly that movement predictors and scopes affect the range of meleers tho? Guess thats FC logic for ya .

Seraphael
    Last edited by Seraphael; Jul 11th, 2002 at 22:48:24.
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

not really movement predictors allow you to know where your opponent will be. Melee in REAL LIFE fighting doesn't have people just standing around hitting eachother. People MOVE around. If you know where your opponent will be you can meet him there hence the range advantage

What i dont understand is the ability to increase the range of an energy blast that dissipates at a certain range

okaaayy, then how about scopes? How do they add to a meleers range?

Seraphael
    Seraphael - 200 fixer
    Pepzi - ** agent
    Troxitazz - retired trader

Scopes in AO have the advantage of many years of Technology advancements. These scopes are not actually attached to a weapon as the scope we know of today are. These scopes are enhancements to your person/NCU and are actually interfaces to your vision. It is sort of like the RoboCop/Terminator where they have visual enhancements and targeting abilities. These enhancements have the ability to effect all forms of attack.

After all its all about imagination.

Oberon, about as believable as the fact that bullets from a gun with 25m stop and fall to the ground at 26 meters. Funny how something traeveling faster than the speed of sound can only go 25m.
    Borxet

I'm not convinced that they actually work, I think they increase the range at which your target select thing on the top left says you are in range, but your gun dosen't actually fire until your in the guns base range, those have been my observations lately, i think it might have changed, in the last few patches, because i have never noticed the in range but not firing buffer before.
    --Rookie Teh "Wobble" Sux----------------------- AKA-----------------------Pirate "Ninjapirate" Dog--
    -+Legion+-
    WTB ATI T&L fix, h8 D3D.