Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Feedback thread: Alien Playfields

Very dissapointed to log-in, get on the ship and check out the new zone then speak to a NPC telling me I had to wait 6 hours 30 minutes.

2am and the gates still are not open and I am going to bed because I have work in the morning.

At best Mon-Fri I need to catch a 10 minute window after getting home form work at about 6pm which If I miss I wont be able to _START_ trying the Playfields untill 1 am in the morning.

Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelanin
    Guess you havent been paying attention to pandemonium the last 9 months or so......

It might be empty 90% of the time, but that is simply because the bosses are not up then, and it will be the same with these alien zones.
    Actually I have one of my chars was among the first to gain access to that zone and same char was in the first raid to kill Beast and most of the failed attempts before we got that far. Do you remember what happened when Pandemonium first went live? After some initial free Zodiak farming using dubious pulls by mainly your guild the zone was practically empty.

Few players bother pioneer stuff, a few failed attempts ppl and many wont show for next attempt. It is when the pharming starts you typically get 98238942893472 players showing up all of a sudden. But anyways when the raid bot pharming starts here they will most likely only be doing 1 of the zones at a given time. If all zones have equally desireable stuff, a little communication should be enough to avoid most problems.
    Last edited by Myga; Feb 10th, 2005 at 11:46:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Myga
    Few players bother pioneer stuff, a few failed attempts ppl and many wont show for next attempt. It is when the pharming starts you typically get 98238942893472 players showing up all of a sudden. But anyways when the raid bot pharming starts here they will most likely only be doing 1 of the zones at a given time.
    Well, the about 100 Clanners or so yesterday sure seemed like a bot to me.... and while they (and others) will probably be fewer for a while, eventually everyone will be back to them.

Anyways, i think we both want the same.... more possibilitys of raiding in a "controlled" environment, where you dont have to worry about alot of people running wildly around potentially screwing up your raid you spent 7 hours waiting to do.

7 hrs is just plain stupid

Quote Originally Posted by shady
    remove 7 hours..way to long
    plz fc!

Friend posteed it on our forum : (that's should be how the sectors open)
    (time is gmt+2 , according to server restart)

10 Feb: 2h00 / 9h00 / 16h00 / 23h00
    11 Feb: 6h00 / 13h00 / 20h00
    12 Feb: 3h00 / 10h00 / 17h00 / 0h00
    13 Feb: 7h00 / 14h00 / 21h00
    14 Feb: 4h00 / 11h00 / 18h00
    15 Feb: 1h00 / 8h00 / 15h00 / 22h00
    16 Feb: 5h00 / 12h00 / 19h00
    17 Feb: 2h00 ...

thats mean 3 real "good timed" raid for euro peeps at least.. by week. Thats insane isnt it?
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

I think the idea of new high lvl playfields is a great idea. But the 7h thing is just lame, sorry to say it but it is.

You got so many 220 ppl waiting for new content, and you do it like this. I could go like "omg this sux so bad that Ill quit the game" but I wont, I have played this game since release, and I will continue playing it. I just hope for a fix to this asap.
    Last edited by Toffingen; Feb 10th, 2005 at 12:21:50.
    Lost in the moment, The day that the music stopped...
    Toffingen -- 220/14 engie
    Doctoffi -- 175/9 doc
    Toffsol -- 72/1 sol

Hmm I need to restock popcorn today
    PREDICAMENT|220:26| SENZOR|220:17| TWERRAX|218:11|

Make the 3 sectors opening at different times, it will allow more flexibility for raids..
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

3hours is a good time, 7hours is insane and the window have to be bigger
    :: OMNI - Rimor - Adrastus II
    :: AKgis :: 220(16) :: A. Rifle Soldier - Setup - Me by MrFli
    :: HeavenFury :: 209(9) :: Pistol Adventurer - Setup
    ____
    Playing: WoW Server Skullcrusher(EU)

Basically all FC have done is introduce a 7 hour spawn Unique alien.

I confidently predict that the same guilds who spawn camp all the other Uniques will end up owning these alien ones too.

I realise FC want to keep the "big" players interested in the game but this seems to be being done directly at the cost of the average player.

IMO the 4 new zones would have been better aimed at soloing and level locked.

50-100
    101 -150
    151-200
    200+

Maybe add some uniques or bosses that would take a 2 team kill.

As a member of a small guild I'm quite convinced I'll never see these alien fields.

I hope your proud of yourselves.

Sincerely
    a despondent Kissysuzuki
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Why on Gods green earth was it necessary to put it on a timer? What happened to the casual gamer with only two to three hours game time per day? Why is it expected to do something in the game when the server wants it and not when I want it (and have the time for it)? Or, in other words: What happened to the praised "content on demand"?

Reading about new playfields I expected something like killing aliens aside from org raids whenever I want, I expected something like exploring new areas, challenges for every level. Regarding this, the new "playfields" are a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissysuzuki
    IMO the 4 new zones would have been better aimed at soloing and level locked.

50-100
    101 -150
    151-200
    200+

Maybe add some uniques or bosses that would take a 2 team kill.
    Nah.. I disagree.. the raid idea is great, it just have to be more accessable. we high lvl ppl need more content. gets boring soloing named dragons in Inf from time to time
    Lost in the moment, The day that the music stopped...
    Toffingen -- 220/14 engie
    Doctoffi -- 175/9 doc
    Toffsol -- 72/1 sol

HEEE Heee ha ha ha *cougth* *cougth* hack... umm sorry.

Only viable comment would be timer should be set to say every 3 or 5 hours.
    Every thing else is mumbling because it isn't easy for peeps to get the pahts.

Quote Originally Posted by Satenia
    ...I also fail to see why more raiding content is being added, without the game actually supporting it from a game mechanics perspective (instances for raidforces, handling loot, etc)...
    words of wisdom
    tamp [equip] and my perks
    pervy [equip]
    timezone: gmt+1
    addicted to ao

WTB~!

I just cannot understand why the zones arent built as for example Crypt of Home, with multiple Gs' and things like that.

the 7hour spawn is just another way of limiting content, and to have 100++ players whacking at the same mobs, there are little to no chance for the non powergamer to get axp or loot (not talking only about casual players, but that huge crowd of players that are in the middle)

The thing that killed the most players on the raid i was on today was an alien fence before the boss ship (not counting those who made it to the boss, and died there,thats prolly just bad planning or something)

the mobs where swarmed by players, and died really fast..
    RETIRED:Cassondra "Hotsy" Magistrale, Proud General of OPEC
    And a gazillion other chars

Member of the Grumpy Old Crat Bunch
    Bureaucrats, Broken as intended
    Chilled:The crat community.. bitter but entirely supportive, kind of like coffee.
    P.S. i didn't proof read this, or check for spelling, I wouldn't want to Nerf my post by actually Fixing the problems.

This post is fucntioning "As Intended" that means i don't have to fix any problems with it. (Snipped from pooncrat).

SALVATION!!!
    The fact is ppl with life cannot raid more than 2-3 times a week which is omg bad.
    But if raids are allowed now and than ppl with no life will get it all in a few days and get bored.What to do???look:
    Gates open every 2 hours but once you are inside you get a hostile nano in your Ncu with 7hrs duration which kills you everytime you try to pass the gate again.Simple as that and every1 should b happy ::P

P.S. Sad:I reduced visual distance to a few meters to not lag to hell and lasers kill me :/ my graphic card allows me to play and i thought Falling from Pandemonium was my biggest prob,but these lasers/mines...since you cannot come back...
    shuuushhh

The group of people this morning was like a plague.. up to the fence the aliens just seems to dissolve ...

The fence then managed to take care of a fair number of people by sending them to huggle the reclaim and they couldnt then get back into the mission zone..

Then the adds got me as the big boss guy had about 3 bars or so left so I cant report any further..

Personally I got 0 AXP this morning - although I did only go to have a look and to be an extra gun - but I really dont see that with the quanity of people that were there that my chance of getting any AXP would have been much different if I had been in a full team.

The idea on the whole of having this new playfield is great.. I guess it just needs everyone to be positive and give criticism that can help to develop it further

Quote Originally Posted by Andomind
    remove 7 hours totaly, implement GS with lock function.
    ex: each GS has a limit of 6 full teams,
    using the elevator showing you a list of GS and how
    many are there, mark GS your like to enter and go there.
    Now about lock, can be done in several ways ex:
    Upon first attack on anything beond fence automaticly
    activates alarm and fence is up and closed for 1 hour.
    (this also includes entering GS via elevator)

/tell me for more ideas :P
    WTB this solution!
    Iron RoedranWill 220/AI23
    Field Marshall | Rimor

same here, get rid of the 7 hour thing, some of us DO have a life outside AO, dictatd timers are horrible for us. its bad nuff a lot of ppl cant do regaulr raids , now locking new zones as well..

CoH is how it should be.
    Abalz; .. I feel there is a specail folder for our NT reports, they print it out and make a magazine out of it each month and put them in the restrooms lol

Hermy; Devs : "We thought it be a good idea to give a few professions some insanely good defence, and at the same time make sure those also get to do the most damage, unfortunately NT isnt one of those, so suck it up"

Kinkstaah: It appears they forgot the 0 at the end of the extra damage hit bonus.

Due to 7 hrs and a 10min window on raidzones i have yet to try them out propperly. What i have seen so far looks good and fun, a bit easy though.
    Having to plan my rl around a game doesent sound like a good idea to me. Shorter timer, or even better, add some instances where u can go with ur guild or a selected group of ppl to raid.
    Content on demand FC, remember, u typed it on the box:P I still dont have it

/kimert
    "Obey my dog!"

Kimert - Equip
    Ranged Adventurer on Atlantean
    Slimert
    Sneaky Agent on Atlantean

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast