Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: QL300 Disc of Cloudy Crystal require 1800EE

I have barely touched this before in the thread, but here it is spelled out:

"People complain all the time about breed-, level- or profession-locked items. Now FC puts out an item where skills defines who is able to use the item, and people still cry."
    Proud veteran of Tranquility(Atlantean)

Afelia - Opifex trader : PvM armour
    Adv: Armour -Trox Melee Adventurer by heart.

SWG doesn't have leets... there's no competition -Cold
    We will not be able to hit the barn from the inside! - Spluggzter
    Hmmmm, I am still too gimped to live - Baxie

Quote Originally Posted by Afelia
    I have barely touched this before in the thread, but here it is spelled out:

"People complain all the time about breed-, level- or profession-locked items. Now FC puts out an item where skills defines who is able to use the item, and people still cry."
    Er... but that's not true. The skills are required to assemble it, not to equip it. That's the whole point; it's an item where the amount of reset points the player has defines who it's practical for and who it isn't. Read the post I wrote right before yours.

It also is, in fact, both profession and level locked as well, so it's a step in an even worse direction than what we've seen before.

Quote Originally Posted by _Delerium
    Yes. i can see how NT's landing nukes/mezzes/roots are excluded from this thought pattern...
    There's a point where you stop greasing the squeaky wheel and throw it away in favor of a new one. :P
    Spleenman Phear the Spleen!

Proud member of Alpha Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Jorji
    im not going to go as far as stabbing my eyes out.. im gonna remove them with a spoon, place in a jar and when such horrors never again grace a thread ill have them reattached..

hm. i wish the ao community would stop being such ql300-nazis..

so fc decides to leave a tiny window open for other professions, rather than just make it 'tradeskiller only', why is that a bad thing? yes it sucks to be out of ipr's, for a whole bunch of reasons, but isn't there like a point where you just have to chill and say 'hey these are the choices i made, it's time to just soak it up and stick by them.'

what passes for obsolete in this game is rediculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowglobe
    To me the problem with an item like this is not a profession vs. profession issue, but that it severely disadvantages long-time players who have had to use up their reset points over the years to adjust to various nerfs and gameplay changes (as Sheffy hinted at above).

It's obviously intended to be an item to reward those who invest in tradeskills, which would be fine, but instead it just works as an item to reward those with plenty of reset points. Since there could be no legitimate reason to do that it's very poor design.

They should be rewarding people for being long-time players, instead they punish them. They've configured AO in many ways to function almost like a machine to drive people away. Why they would do that to a game that could have been so much more popular is something I will never understand.
    Woot for me. I've only used 1 IPR ever.

I've still got like 23 or so left.

Oh.. I did make my QL300 and also a 280 since I overlooked the fact that QL300 is 220 only (doh!!)

1 moment.... I just have to add.

hahahahahahaaaa...

Come on.. if you IPR at every 'flavor of the week' gun.. no wonder you have issues. I've only IPR'd shotgun when my trusty Krutt was a bit outdated.. Thats it. Stop JAME'ing yourself at every chance.. go out and camp some tradeskill items (I snicker at this part..) and omg! just settle on the QL150. God knows a +37ish to your nanoskills isnt bad. Thats like lvl 7 on the nano combat (AI perks). You could undo AI perks in favor of other things...I know.. why not unknown factor!
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

heh Elbo ....

dont let me get started of the "IPR" issue players have where played now more as 3 years. Since you know me I ofc have also an IPR issue and running atm with just 1 around.

The fact that this Item was given out pre 15.8 from Generals ( it DID dropped ) but just 1 of all 100k Gen kills, is like as usualy FC acts on changes. I dont have a problem when its now given out by Tradeskills but i DO have a problem when I see those answers about "stfu and stop flavor of month ipr your a** off". It is just not true heh and you kinda know this also imo. You as Engineer doesnt had any major changes in case of weapons at all, nor skills. Plus you didnt or dont pvp as most do.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbo
    Woot for me. I've only used 1 IPR ever.

I've still got like 23 or so left.

Oh.. I did make my QL300 and also a 280 since I overlooked the fact that QL300 is 220 only (doh!!)

1 moment.... I just have to add.

hahahahahahaaaa...

Come on.. if you IPR at every 'flavor of the week' gun.. no wonder you have issues. I've only IPR'd shotgun when my trusty Krutt was a bit outdated.. Thats it. Stop JAME'ing yourself at every chance.. go out and camp some tradeskill items (I snicker at this part..) and omg! just settle on the QL150. God knows a +37ish to your nanoskills isnt bad. Thats like lvl 7 on the nano combat (AI perks). You could undo AI perks in favor of other things...I know.. why not unknown factor!
    Good for you that you've never needed to use your reset points. I have all mine too. That doesn't prevent me from being sympathetic to fellow players though who've used theirs up due to whatever reason, even if just due to their own mistakes.

Either way, none of what you wrote addresses the point of the text you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowglobe
    That doesn't prevent me from being sympathetic to fellow players though who've used theirs up due to whatever reason, even if just due to their own mistakes.
    Sympathetic to the shortsightness and lack of understanding of the consequenses when using IPRs to equip something I gather?

Using an IPR isn't something that should be done without thinking. Yet it seems like people don't realize this.

But this IPR thing is another topic entirely, so no need to discuss that here.
    Octo - eqp

Atlanteans Legendary Teddybear wielding engineer and author of Click

Get the all new SK/XP Calculator and find out when you will DING!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678